Start by marking “Mates, Dates, and Inflatable Bras (Mates, Dates, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mates, Dates, and Inflatable Bras (Mates, Dates, #1)

Mates, Dates, and Inflatable Bras

(Mates, Dates #1)

Everything is changing around Lucy Loverling, and a turning point is exactly what she does NOT need. Suddenly she has to make all sorts of decisions including what she wants to be. And it seems that everyone else knows who and what she wants to be except her. Izzie has become friends with the glamorous Nesta, and Lucy isn't certain she likes a threesome. Nesta and Izzie lo ...more
Published January 1st 2003 by Simon Pulse (first published February 8th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Mates, Dates, and Inflatable Bras, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Mates, Dates, and Inflatable Bras (Mates, Dates, #1)
Melissa **Just Really Loves Musicals**
I first read this series when I was about 13 years old, and they were some of my favourite books. Now, years later, my reading tastes have matured, but I still really enjoy these books. They're fun, girlie, easy, light-hearted, and extremely quick. I read this in only an hour or so. I really look forward to rereading the rest of this series this year, and remembering my early teenage-hood, where the only things that mattered were school, friends, and getting your crush to notice you.
Nasty Lady MJ
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was ok
To see full review click here

I remember gobbling these up when I was younger, so I decided it was time for a revisit.

The result.

Well, it’s not terrible. Oh, sure I still cringed quite a bit while rereading it. But there are worst books out there. I just think I’ve really outgrown this series and instead of being labeled YA it should be middle grade.

Well, maybe ten years ago it was YA.

Let’s face it, the genre has matured a bit in ten years. Used to you’d never see characters have sexual relations
Lola
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
loved it
Amanda Yeargin
Aug 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I decided to read Mates, Dates and Inflatable Bras as an IR book. This was about a girl named Lucy who was trying to find out who wants to be and about her romance and friends. Lucy lives in Britian with her best friend Izzie. Izzie and Lucy has been best friends forever. But she thinks this new girl named Nesta is gonna take her away. She also has to deal with this mystery boy she saw and tries to do anything to meet him and know him. When she finds out it's someone Nesta knows she keeps quiet ...more
Genesis
Nov 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 8th-grade-ir
This book is about A girl named Lucy trying to get her best friend back, Izzie from the new girl Nesta. You see, Lucy and Izzie have been best friends since like forever and Lucy thinks because Nesta is new, that she might steal her best friend away.

I can connect to this because I fifth grade the same thing happened to me. You see, It was in fifth grade and this new girl gloriela came along and she kept on hanging out with my friends. And this is what happened to lucy, she felt like as if Nesta
April
Apr 29, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Georgia Nicholson
Shelves: ya, mooched
Lucy Loverling is a girl after my own heart. She's short, and people are always assuming she's 12, when she is 14. Story of my life (when I was in high school). Mates, Dates, and Inflatable Bras starts off with Lucy in class. Her teacher, whom she calls Wacko decides to assign the students an essay question, "What makes me me?"
The whole book then consists of Lucy's search for self, her search for her special talent and her first kiss.
I definately think this book would work well with younger gir
I really enjoyed this book, it was really cute and easy to read I flew through it. The book is written for more of a younger audience so that is why I couldn't give it the full 5 stars, but I really liked it! I can't wait to continue on with the series and see how the friendship of these three girls grows.
Olivia-Savannah  Roach
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Would you look at that? It's my childhood calling.

Although eventually the series gets a bit repetitive, I read them all. Because friendships, boy talk, and family drama is what I lived for in my early teens.
Heidi (Yup. Still here.)
Cute with good messages. I liked the audiobook narrator.
Ivi Oltovska
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
loved it
Briar's Reviews
Quick Review:

This is a great YA teen romance to spice up your TBR! It's really amusing jumping back into early 2000s YA novels, and it's quite the treat for me. It's definitely different reading them as an adult rather than as a teen, and I'm not sure if they hold up with the times but I still enjoyed them! It's all about falling in love and chasing the boy of your dreams for the very first time... With a catchy title!
Nicole Harney
Nov 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Summary: The book is about a girl named Lucy who gets a writing assignment in school. The assignment is “What makes me, me?” In the beginning, Lucy does not know who she is. She is always comparing herself to other girls and telling herself she is not pretty and does not know what she wants to do with her life. Throughout the book with the help of her friends, Lucy finds out who she really is and becomes more confident with herself then she had ever been. In the end, Lucy gains everlasting frien ...more
Mikaela Aros
Oct 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I love this series! The "Mates and Dates" series by Cathy Hopkins is about a girl named Lucy how thinks she is losing her best friend to the new rich girl in school. Nesta is a perosn who everyone was suppose to be jealous of. She is rich, beautiful, and all the guys swoon over her. Lucy has to deal with this and many other teenage girl problems. In the end she ends up becoming friends with Nesta and they all become really good friends.
I love this series because it's so girly, which every girl n
Emily
Apr 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Emily Shepard
Humor
I found myself laughing and loving this story, it reminded me a lot of what forming into a teenager was like. The main character is Lucy Lovering. A 14 year old girl followed by her best friend since elementary school Izzie and a new girl Nesta. They were all given an assignment by their teacher, Wacko Watkins as they call her, to write about themselves; their likes dislikes, what they want to do when their older. Lucy is stuck. Shes unsure about herself, unsure about her under
Holly Lawton
As a 16 year old when I read it, it really made me smile.
What was being written and the language used are things that actually happen to the english teen. Also, what Lucy thought and said were exactly the kinds of things that were zooming through my head at 14. The fact that Lucy got panicked over really silly things and overthinking what people had said- almost paranoid in some parts - was exacly the things that I did.
Especially when it came to friendships.
Also, I liked how everyhting was trea
Grace
Nov 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-term
"Mates, Dates, and Inflatable Bras" is the fist novel in the Mates, Dates series. This novel follows a fourteen year old girl named Lucy, and her two friends Nesta and Izzy. Lucy thought everything in her life was taking a turn for the worst, her parents are completely Eco-friendly, which Lucy found annoying. Also,Lucy had a sneaking suspicion that that her two friends were trying to turn there back to her. But, everything changes when Lucy saw a boy from a near by school. She thought it was lov ...more
Ms.
May 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Alyssa
Recommended to Ms. by: No one
Shelves: nicole-n
Stella
Oct 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
i really liked this book because its really girly and stuuuuuff. i kinda just picked it up from the shelf not expecting it to be good but i got really stuck into it and finished it in a day! so yeaah, good book. leaves you wanting to read more and more. and i have gotten stuck in to the rest of the series hehe :)
Amanda
This was a little similar to the Georgia Nicolson books but a lot younger and not as laugh-out-loud funny but very cute.
Janne
Oct 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Very funny! I can relate to every character in the story. Each character has their own love story. But more than that, it is about family, school problems, friendship, everything about life.
Erin
Nov 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Amazing, for a teen. I've pretty much finished reading the series, at least one a day. But I am actually sad because I feel I've gotten to know them. I LOVE THESE GUYS!!! xx
Ginnie Grant
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is great for a quick read on a sunny day. With totally relatable characters, it feels like having a laugh with your girlfriends
Sofie Trebbien
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This series was the first one I read when I was younger, and I was really in the mood to re-read it, so thats what I am doing! :)
Tracy Smyth
May 13, 2018 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars - these books are light and easy to listen to. Teenage girls are the same the world over.
Erin-Elizabeth
As a young teenager, I absolutely adored and devoured every single book in this series. To me, the girls were very relatable, whilst also being interesting. Their London lifestyle was fascinating and their, albeit slightly unrealistic comings and goings at just 14, sparked my imagination and I remember being totally lost in their world. This series has a real nostalgia attached to it now as I can remember being so obsessed with each character. There's no way I'd ever re-read it, one because it ...more
Anna
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars, read-2018
Still after years since first reading this, I love it. Cute, funny, easy read. Probably read it in an hour or less!
I still like Lucy a lot and I remember how I felt like her, that I had no idea what to do in the future. (still not quite sure) But it's fine.
Perfect series to just read and empty your mind. So light and quick. I will go through few of these now as I got few from the library!
Lauren Zell-Huxley
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed these books when I was younger. I’ve definitely matured, and not sure I’d enjoy them too much now. But great for younger readers, say about 11-14? Silly and fun but you get to love the main characters
Milana Waller
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Store: McKay’s Used Bookstore
Price: 25 cents
Condition: almost brand new
Recommended to: only girls

These books are before my time, but they still crack me up. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to read more than a few of the books, but now I really want the third one, and I know McKay’s has them all🤩!
Mille Christensen
Apr 01, 2019 rated it liked it
I would recommend this book for The age 10+. It was The first novel i read in english (english is not my first language, Danish is), and it was a great first story to read in english! Not to confusing, fairly easy language and exiting topics for a 10 year old girl.
Kate Phillips
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Honestly needed a throwback book. I love the British slang, the characters, and the jokes. If you like an angsty teen novel this is it. I'm in love with the storyline and am invested into the series now.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
طراحی سایت 1 1 Jul 19, 2016 07:08AM
Wild Things: YA G...: Mates, Dates Series 1 43 Apr 29, 2009 10:17AM

• On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #2)
  • Knocked Out by My Nunga-Nungas (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #3)
  • Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #1)
  • Dancing in My Nuddy-Pants (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #4)
  • Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #6)
  • Girls in Love (Girls, #1)
  • The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (Sisterhood, #1)
  • Away Laughing on a Fast Camel (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #5)
  • All-American Girl (All-American Girl, #1)
  • The Lottie Project
  • Love Lessons
  • The Clique (The Clique, #1)
  • Gossip Girl (Gossip Girl, #1)
  • Un año en Fairy Oak
  • Wonder Woman at Super Hero High
  • It's the Little Things
  • The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1)
  • Startled by His Furry Shorts (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #7)

Mates, Dates (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Mates, Dates, and Cosmic Kisses (Mates, Dates, #2)
  • Mates, Dates, and Designer Divas (Mates, Dates, #3)
  • Mates, Dates, and Sleepover Secrets (Mates, Dates, #4)
  • Mates, Dates, and Sole Survivors (Mates, Dates, #5)
  • Mates, Dates, and Mad Mistakes (Mates, Dates, #6)
  • Mates, Dates, and Sequin Smiles (Mates, Dates #7)
  • Mates, Dates, and Tempting Trouble (Mates, Dates, #8)
  • Mates, Dates, and Great Escapes (Mates, Dates, #9)
  • Mates, Dates, and Chocolate Cheats (Mates, Dates, #10)
  • Mates, Dates, and Diamond Destiny (Mates, Dates, #11)