Start by marking “Caught in a Bind” as Want to Read:
Caught in a Bind

Caught in a Bind (Amhearst Mystery #3)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  94 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
People don't vanish into thin air. Yet that's what happened to Tom Whatley, the husband of one of Merry Kramer's coworkers at "The News." And in his place? A strange corpse lay in the Whatleys' garage.

As if a missing-person/murder case weren't challenging enough, a beautiful new rival was rattling Merry's faith in her blossoming romance with artist Curt Carlyle. And Merry'
Published January 1st 2007 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Caught in a Bind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Caught in a Bind

Michelle
Jun 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a great series! I've so enjoyed reading the romance between Curt and Merry! So many times when reading a romance, the couple get together at the end then we don't get to see the rest. Even though they are madly in love, they still have issues. They fight and say stupid things. They are insensitive to others. But their love carries them through, and I think that's the important message in these books.

I so enjoy the Merry and Curt scenes. Curt is such a sweetheart and gets so frustrat
Mark Baker
Mar 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008
Merry Kramer's co-worker is having a rough week. First, her husband vanishes. Then he's accused of stealing money from his work. Finally, a dead body shows up in her garage. Can Merry figure out what is going on? I love these characters, and the book drew me in even on a reread. However, I found the sub-plot about spousal abuse often became preachy and slowed down the book.

Read my full review at Carstairs Considers.
Glenda
The book started off with the case that the main character (who was mentioned in the first book) encountered. It was a dragging read for me at first (coz I did not read the first book) but once the story progresses it was fun and the author has a way of catching the reader with its wit. A fun read!
Deb
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This seemed like a simple story. It caught me off guard at first as it seemed whimsical and sassy, then turned serious, then religious. Granted, life is like that, but this book was too short and simple to pull it off.
Lynnea
Sep 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Wow! I couldn't put this book down! Very good - mystery, tension, love, faith. Great read!
Donna
Jan 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book.
Lonnie
Dec 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love these books! Gayle's writing has a depth that you usually don't find in Steeple Hill books. I cried, I laughed, I sighed :-)
Shawn Armstrong
Aug 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! She can really weave a story line!
Jill
May 23, 2015
Cj
Nov 03, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Gayle Roper is the award-winning author of more than 40 books and has been a Christy finalist three times.
She lives with her husband in southeastern Pennsylvania where she enjoys reading, gardening, and her family.
More about Gayle Roper...

Amhearst Mystery (4 books)
  • Caught in the Middle (Amhearst Mystery Series #1)
  • Caught in the Act (Amhearst Mystery, #2)
  • Caught Redhanded (Amhearst Mystery Series #4)