Start by marking “The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, & June” as Want to Read:
The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, & June

The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, & June

I hugged my sisters and they fit against my sides like two jigsaw pieces that would never fit anywhere else. I couldn't imagine ever letting them go again, like releasing them would be to surrender the best parts of myself.

Three sisters share a magical, unshakeable bond in this witty high-concept novel from the critically acclaimed author of Audrey, Wait! Around the time o

Published August 3rd 2010 by Razorbill (first published June 1st 2010)

Start your review of The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, & June
Aj the Ravenous Reader

A fun, cute, adorable with a healthy dose of paranormal story about three sisters, April, May and June who for some reason (and don’t expect for any explanation because there isn’t any) have these supernatural abilities which they decide to utilize only for self-serving purposes because they didn’t want to meddle with the world. Lol.

Each girl has her own POV and you get to see their individualities in their own narratives. I think Ms. Robin Benway did a topnotch job on depicting the c
Cara
Nov 13, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Cara by: Ash
Shelves: 2010, fantasy, siblings
This book was hilarious . I don't mean haha that's ironic sort of way; I mean the burst out laughing and people look weird at you in public way. I would have to say this would be one of my highly anticpated books this year. Here we have three sisters who are named respectively April, May and June, and all are a only a year apart from each other in age. I have two sisters and we all only a year apart too, so I wanted to see how the author would represent a relationship like that. You are kind of ...more
Cristina
May 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Favorite quote: “I like used books because they’re full of stories that have already been read.”
Kirsty-Marie Jones
I've ran out of Robin Benway books now. :(
Jeena
Jul 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: one-time-reads
Well...Let's see...
I felt as if I was watching this heart-warming family movie throughout the while I was reading The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, & June.
The book revolves around three sisters who discover they have super powers which (and I liked this thing about the story) did not use their powers to become superman and save the world, not that I'm against that kind of notion, but sometimes one could use extraordinary abilities for self improvement as well, like April, May and June, wh
Sarah Marie
The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, & June by Robin Benway

4 stars

April, May, and June are sisters. Yes, they know that their names are totally cliché and ridiculous so you don’t need to point it out to them. After dealing with their parents divorce, they find themselves living in a new house in a place where they don’t know anyone. One day they wake up and strange things start happening to them. It soon becomes clear that they have ‘superpowers’ or some kind of weird ability. April the olde

Clementine
Nov 26, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, ya, 2010
April, May and June are three sisters whose parents are in the middle of a divorce. Their mom uproots them and moves them to a new town, where they have to navigate the highs and lows of high school. When they recover special powers they had and lost as children, the three girls realize that while they can use the powers to their advantage when dealing with the woes of high school, the powers might serve a greater purpose, too.

Benway is a strong writer with a sharp wit and good technical skill.
Isamlq
Mar 10, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book is very easy to like. The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May and June contains exactly what its the title says. There’s the eldest, April. She can see the future. Next is May; she turns invisible (What’s not ironic about an invisible girl reading about the Invisible Boy?) Then June. The baby of the three- she reads minds.

All these powers are discovered (or rediscovered?) on the first day of school. So to say that it starts when their old life “ends” and new life begins is both convenie
Kristy
Oct 28, 2010 rated it liked it

Street corner tbr challenge
August pick #1 per Flannery

Spoilers mixed about:

Meet April, the oldest sister. She's overprotective, bossy and in charge. She has recently started to have visions of the future. They are freaking her out and now her sisters reveal their "powers" as well?!?!? April is in a constant state of freaking out. She is tightly wound.

May is the middle sister. She has middle child syndrome to the max. Since the divorce of her parents (recently), May has been seclusive. Dissapoin
Pammy
Sep 08, 2011 rated it it was ok
If you are a teenager, then you will probably love this book.
If like me, you are just an adult curious to see what the book was about (or persuaded by your fourteen year-old sister that it's "the best book I've read all summer, and "TOTALLY worth it") you will be entertained, at most, but honestly not fascinated.
The book isn't horrible, it's actually pretty funny and engaging and I laughed out loud a couple of times.
The plot, however, and the characters are created for a YA audience. I also felt
Suzanne
Nov 14, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: gave-up-on
I really liked Audrey Wait, but I decided to abandon this one. I was really disappointed since I was expected to enjoy it as much as Benway's first book. I did give it well over a hundred pages, but I am trying to be okay with not finishing a book just because I started. If I don't care what happens next, why waste my time, right?

April suddenly develops the power to see the future, May can make herself invisible, and June can read minds; but the girls generally come across as so vapid and oddly
Tris
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016-reads
I don't really remember when I finished this, just that it wasn't nearly as good as I hoped.
Jennifer Holik
3.5 stars. This one is definitely meant for a younger audience. I enjoyed it, but I probably would have LOVED it about 25+ years ago! The most fun was seeing the girls relationship through each of their eyes and, having a sister, I thought it was very accurately portrayed. I also liked that they have superpowers without it turning into some grand "now we must save the world on a weekly basis" type thing.
Paige (Illegal in 3 Countries)
See more of my reviews on The YA Kitten!
Diversity Rating: 0 – What Diversity?
Racial-Ethnic:
QUILTBAG: 0
Disability: 0
Intersectionality: 0

Well, here I am. Years after buying all of Robin Benway’s books due to her outspoken support for Wendy Davis during the Texas filibuster of June 2013, I’ve read them all. And I’m honestly disappointed?I’d hoped someone so outspoken about women’s rights and feminism would have really awesome and feminist books, but The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, and Ju
Joni Thomas
Jul 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I was super excited when I opened up the envelope from Razorbill and saw this book! I read Audrey, Wait! a few months ago and I LOVED it, so I was excited to read Robin Benway's new novel. I flew through this book. It was so different from Audrey, Wait! but that is a good thing. That means that the author has the ability to write about a variety of subjects.

It was so easy to just dive right into the characters lives and right away I got a feel for dynamics of the family. April, being the oldest,
Lisa (A Life Bound By Books)
For more info and reviews please visit my Book Review Blog here - A Life Bound By Books

The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May & June by Robin Benway was a cute, fun, light hearted read with sisters so different from one another that everyone should have no trouble finding one to relate to. From the author who wrote “Audrey Wait” – Benway has taken writing from a teen girl’s point of view to a new level with the addition of superpowers.

One of the great things about reading this book was the
Steph Su
Nov 09, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: cover-lust
At long last, Robin Benway, author of one of my favorite and most hilarious YA novels, Audrey, Wait!, has come out with her sophomore novel. THE EXTRAORDINARY SECRETS OF APRIL, MAY, & JUNE is (what else?) extraordinarily different from her debut novel, but its mixture of witty teen angst, sibling relationships, and magic should still make this a hit with readers of all ages.

The strongest part of THE EXTRAORDINARY SECRETS OF APRIL, MAY, & JUNE is the witty dialogue that the sisters throw at one a
Lauren
Nov 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
From a brilliant premise, to spectacular writing, to relatable and witty main characters, there leaves no doubt in my voice when I say that The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, & June is hands down one of the best books of the year.

Each character is crafted in a way that makes them jump right of the page from the start and became a part of you as you see their story unravel in front of you.

I really liked the fact that each stood on their own with their unique personalities. Since, I hate n
Valerie
Oct 28, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommended to Valerie by: Ash
Three sisters one year apart who find out they have powers. Very funny, sarcastic, and kind of sweet. Good thing Benway distinguished the perspective of each sister so it didn't feel like the same person with different names.

The Sisters:
April is the oldest so is of course the responsible one who seems to be such a stickler, has a tendency to be bossy, and feels responsible about everything. Her power is seeing the future. May is next and she is a loner, a hermit if she didn't have to go to scho
Laura (Booksforbreakfast)
Jul 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Definitely a great summer read!

I haven't heard many things about this book but when I read the summary, I thought to give it a try and I'm pleased I did. I really enjoyed this book, I laughed out loud many times over the banter between the three sisters. There was a mix between humor and serious issues, I think it's great for teen girls to read. These girls are who they are and they don't change for anyone.

The writing was really good and flowed nicely. The humor was tasteful and there was good m
Shanyn (Chick Loves Lit)
Mar 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
First, I LOVE THIS COVER. Love it. Before I even knew what it was about or read anything about it at all, I loved the cover. Once I actually got to see it in person, I had to start reading it right away because I loved the cover so much.

Now that I am done reading it, I can also say I LOVE THIS BOOK! The title "The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May & June" very accurately describes what the book is about, and much to my pleasant surprise the book is split up by chapter - one chapter written by
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Jul 18, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Christina (A Reader of Fictions) by: Amy
THE CUTE. That is what this book is. So freaking adorable. I’ve read one Robin Benway book before this, but I tried the audio, and I feel like the adorbs did not translate quite as well to the audiobook format. Anyway, I totally understand why people want Benway books with their cuteness. Also, I totally will use the words cute and adorable until they cease having any meaning throughout the course of this review, so deal with it. Honestly, it’s Robin Benway’s fault, because all I can say is CUTE ...more
Crystal Lucke
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! What a book. First I read it in less than a day. IT was the type of book that sucks you in and you don't want to ever put down! The book was very well written, with characters that if you personally couldn't relate to, you at least know someone that you can relate them to.

3 sisters, extremely different, yet they share this one major secret. Reading how they grow to not only control themselves, but to love each other more, and to open up to those in their lives. It gave me good feelings.

I w
Kylara Jensen
So I have liked a lot of Robin Benway's books in the past and I really liked the premise of this one, but it just falls short.

The premise: Three sisters gain psychic superpowers and life and shenanigans ensue.

I do like the different povs and I think the voices are distinct.

Here's the main problem: April, May and June are 3 teenage sisters starting at a new high school and going through some heavy home life sh*t. They fight and bicker as teenage sisters do. AND IT"S PRETTY ANNOYING TO READ THA
Ryan
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
"April, May, & June" by Robin Benway first intrigued me by the title. Three girls that have names that are months in ascending order? Awesome. The title led me to continue reading and later turned out to be an exceptional book. In summary, April, May, and June share the magical bond of sisterhood. As many of their stresses come in to view, each sister uncovers a strange ability. Throughout the book conflict centers around boys, school, popularity and the urge to "fit in" at their new high school ...more
Robby
Mar 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I do not know how to write this review. I don't know what to say about this book because, honestly, this is just one of those books that speaks for itself.
Robin Benway's writing is funny and honest, fresh and unique. Every sentence is witty and hilarious, all of her characters layered and dynamic. The story is always moving, hundreds of different stories all playing out at once.
She has a gift, much like the three sisters this book is about.
In Audrey, Wait!, Robin's first book, she burst on to th
Tina
Original post at One More Page

I don't have a biological sister, so I don't know how it feels to have one (I do have a very awesome sister-in-law, but that's for another post), so I often live vicariously with books with sisters. When I first heard of The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May and June by Robin Benway, I wanted to read it not only because I really enjoyed her other novel, Audrey, Wait! , but because of the magic realism and the sisterhood angle. I figure it's a fun novel with all
Ellen
I had never read anything by Robin Benway before I became obsessed with her Tumblr "The Songs that Saved Your Life." Worth checking out for the music alone, but when I found a brief summary of "The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, and June" hidden in amongst the song discussion, I knew I had to take a look.

The premise was right up my alley, and though I didn't fall in love quite as hard as I'd lead myself to believe, I still found plenty of things to enjoy about the story.

I have a sister my
Splash Of Our Worlds *Yiota*
There are some books that i liked so much when i've read them, that i wish i had read them earlier. And The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May and June is one of them. I found out about it by mistake. Hadn't read any other review about it. I liked the summary and the cover ( it's so colorful and simple!) really grabbed me that i just needed to see what was really about.

The book is written in the POV of all three sisters. Every chapter a different one, starting by the older to the youngest (Apri
Maru
Feb 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
Rating: 2.5

I read this book because I was in the mood for a lighter novel that I could get through pretty fast. Originally I had put this book in my to-read after having read Robin Benway's Audrey, Wait! which, while nothing super original or groundbreaking, was a book that had me laughing out loud, and really rooting for all the characters involved. I was in the mood for something exactly like that, and that's how I came to read The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May and June.

This isn't a bad
Dead Poets Society: The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, & June 13 15 Feb 16, 2012 06:36PM

• You Wish
  • The Last Summer of the Garrett Girls
  • A Giant Problem (Beyond the Spiderwick Chronicles, #2)
  • The Wyrm King (Beyond the Spiderwick Chronicles, #3)
  • The Nixie's Song (Beyond the Spiderwick Chronicles, #1)
  • The Wild Girls
  • You Don't Know My Name (The Black Angel Chronicles #1)
  • Cracked Up to Be
  • Mijn zusje
  • L'Ombre blanche (Les Mondes de l'Alliance, #1)
  • Sim survivor (Jeune Adulte)
  • Tokyo Ghoul, Tome 2 (Tokyo Ghoul, #2)
  • The Menagerie (Menagerie, #1)
  • Jamberry
  • Prep School Confidential (Prep School Confidential, #1)
  • Gregor and the Marks of Secret (Underland Chronicles, #4)
  • Scarlett Fever (Scarlett, #2)
  • The Fixer (The Fixer #1)
Robin Benway is a National Book Award winner and New York Times bestselling author of six novels for young adults, including Audrey, Wait!, the AKA series, and Emmy & Oliver. Her books have received numerous awards and recognition, including a 2008 Blue Ribbon Award from the Bulletin for the Center of Children's Books, 2009's ALA Best Books for Young Adults, and 2014's ALA Popular Paperbacks for Y ...more