Start by marking “Mustang Moon (Phantom Stallion, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mustang Moon (Phantom Stallion, #2)

Mustang Moon

(Phantom Stallion #2)

When 13-year-old Samantha returns home to her family′s cattle ranch in Nevada, she′s worried. She moved away two years ago to recover from a bad fall off her beloved mustang, Blackie, and she′s still not sure she can get back in the saddle. Her new colt doesn′t seem to like her, and the other ranchers treat her like the boss′s spoiled daughter, and Blackie has been missing ...more
Published July 23rd 2002 by Avon Books (first published January 1st 2002)

Start your review of Mustang Moon (Phantom Stallion, #2)
Heather
Mar 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Becky
Mar 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, horse, animal
Fast-paced and fun, I thought this was better than the first book in the series. I'd definitely read more by this author.
Animallover1234
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book, i'm am a horse lover myself. The story was good plotted, and I highly recommend this book to horse lovers!
Hannah H.
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mustang moon is about a girl named Samantha Forster who wants to save a wild horse. In the second book of the Phantom Stallion Sam is conflicted when she hears that a stallion is stealing mares and the people are blaming it on the Phantom a pure white stallion that used to be sam's. When Linc Slocum puts a five thousand dollar reward to turn the stallion over to him Sam is pressured to find out who is stealing the mares. Sam has been seeing another stallion around and he stole sweetheart her gr ...more
Jaclyn B.
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sam and the Phantom aren't safe yet. They slipped out of Linc Slocum's attempt to claim her old horse as his own, but he's not giving up. When his newly purchased racing Appaloosa goes missing, Linc puts out a reward for his capture.

Sam is certain her lost colt isn't to blame, and there's a new challenger stallion loose who might be the culprit. With people desperate for the reward money and willing to let the legality of harassing mustangs slide, Sam needs to act fast to keep her horse free.

W
Stephani Hren
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ponies
These aren't the most realistic books, but they were my favorite when I was a kid. Now that I'm rereading them as an adult, I'm surprised by how much I still love them! There's so many good themes in this series. Sam's relationship with the Phantom is center stage, of course, but this book also deals with new friendships, high school rivalries, the struggle of family money problems, trying to be independent while dealing with worrying relatives, etc. I really love that Sam's confidence has been ...more
Venesa
Started really strong but the end was kinda like oh okay... :(
Just felt rushed, but I love the characters to death and I've read later books back in high school so I know it gets really good later on so :) now comes the hard task of getting my hands on the rest of these rare books :) :)
Lynne Page
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another good book in this series. I can't believe I never read these when they first came out. I will keep reading them as I come in contact with the novels, as even though the reading level is below me, I am now invested in these characters.
C. J. Borntrager
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Endearing

I really enjoyed the scene changes and the plot development. It’s also nice to see a main character go through small amounts of change and yet still make mistakes to show how human and flawed she is. Looking forward to the next one.
Anna Dursky
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this book!! It made me get up early before school just to read it! I highly recommend it.
Heather
Nov 17, 2018 rated it liked it
slocum causes more trouble. he's so cheesy and fake. he reminds me of my next door neighbor. thinks hes a horseman but he dosen't know a hoof pick from a curry comb.
Addy C
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have no words. It was an amazing well written book.
Kayla U
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought that it was a great book because of how the author wrote it because you get to know what is happening with everyone. I was also drawn in because there is always something going on and it never stops moving. I also love the characters because they all have different personality traits that make it fun to read.
Adilene Rangel
Mustang Moon by: Terri Farley

Samantha “Sam” Forster is the main character of the book and series, The Phantom Stallion. She has a unique bond with horses. She lives on a ranch with her dad and grandma named Riverbend Ranch. For the past 2 years Sam has been living with her Aunt Sue because of an accident of her falling off her horse and hitting her head. She’s been back for about 2-3 months. One night Sam was outside and she sees a strange blue roan mustang near the ranch. All of a sudden there
Ashley G.
Mar 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was my favorite book series as a kid (well, and Nancy Drew, but she didn't normally ride horses). I reread this book recently and still love it so much. In this second book, Sam ends the summer with some of her usually blunders and finally enters high school. *gasps* As you can guess, the Phantom is in danger once again. Slocum has in for the beautiful wild stallion and Sam is determined to save her horse and keep him on the range. I think what I loved best about this book is that Sam dabbl ...more
Tiffany
Mar 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Zoe
Feb 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
i really liked this book because it has a lot of interesting things and i couldnt put the book down for ages. every book in the series is about a girl Sam trying to keep her horse free and wild because her new neighbour is trying to kill the horse. read the books to find out.

Love Zoe
Tory
Oct 22, 2010 rated it liked it
I read this book back when I was in fifth or sixth grade. That is when I first started reading for the fun of it. I owe this series a lot because with out it I may to have become the big reader I am to day.
Katie
Sep 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book is basically a text-to-self connection with me. One I love horses and two I'm also going into high school. This book is my favorite and I had a very. difficult time putting it down. I will deffinatly read it again.... the whole series again at that!
Amanda M
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Mustang Moon by Terri Farley is very interesting and is one of my favorites of her series. Since it is only the second book, you still have to become accustomed to the characters and setting. Each chapter is more intriguing than the last, and it definitely keeps you wanting to read.
Emilyf
Sep 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
A mustang is stealing local ranchers' horses, and when one rancher puts a price on the stallion's head, Sam must try to save him. In addition, this book was very interesting and exciting to read. I absolutely love Terri Farley's books.
Rena Sherwood
Cute but predictable and ho-hum with the schoolroom drama. The author apparently is not aware of what an "endurance stallion" should look like. Also gives a really rose-colored-glasses view of the BLM, which has proven since the 1970's that they know f-all about horses.
Brisa Camarena
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
I didn't really like the book but it's still really great and it's about one girl named Sam and a hourse named Phantom were the best of friends, but when the Phantom is accused for stealing, Sam tries to prove that he's innocent. Little later there's a reward for capturing the Phantom.
Adriana
Apr 22, 2017 rated it liked it
A nice book. It was slightly not my type though. I enjoy horse books but lets just say I've read better :) I'm a massive horse lover and I love horse books but I wasnt too impressed with this one. I still recommend it though :)
Cale_Steps
Good to pass time. Can be interesting/exciting-but def. for horse freaks!
GrayC
Sep 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
mustang moon is very racing
Jessica Casey
Oct 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Horse lovers!
Recommended to Jessica by: No one.
Mysterious, funny ending...
Jami
Jan 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
If you are a horse lover read this book! But first read the first book!
Kayla
Mar 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: phantom-stallion
Book two, still amazing! The new characters are cool too.
Mango Yum :)
Apr 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Love it. Every second. Every minute. Loved it!

• The Black Stallion (The Black Stallion, #1)
  • The Chronicles of Pern: First Fall (Pern, #12)
  • Misty of Chincoteague (Misty, #1)
  • The Sight (The Sight, #1)
  • The Flame of Olympus  (Pegasus, #1)
  • Eon: Dragoneye Reborn (Eon, #1)
  • Black Beauty
  • King of the Wind: The Story of the Godolphin Arabian
  • The Young Black Stallion (Black Stallion)
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 6
  • Sisterhood Everlasting (Sisterhood, #5)
  • A ​Sky Beyond the Storm (An Ember in the Ashes, #4)
  • The Call of the Wild
  • Stormy, Misty's Foal (Misty, #3)
  • Puppy Fitness That Fits The Puppy: Age Appropriate Exercise Guidelines
  • Idiot's Guides: Dog Training
  • Dog Training: The Smart Way: 16 Steps to a Smarter Pet (Dog Training Guide,Dog Training Books,Housebreaking,Obedience Training,How to Train a Dog FAST)
  • Puppy Training in 7 Easy Steps: Everything You Need to Know to Raise the Perfect Dog
Terri Farley is the author of Seven Tears into the Sea, the Phantom Stallion series for young readers and the forthcoming Wild at Heart: Mustangs and the Young People Fighting to Save Them (Fall 2015).

Terri lives in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains with her journalist husband and pets, but still longs for the California beaches where she grew up. She's worked as a waitress, journalist

Phantom Stallion (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • The Wild One (Phantom Stallion, #1)
  • Dark Sunshine (Phantom Stallion, #3)
  • The Renegade (Phantom Stallion, #4)
  • Free Again (Phantom Stallion, #5)
  • The Challenger (Phantom Stallion, #6)
  • Desert Dancer (Phantom Stallion, #7)
  • Golden Ghost (Phantom Stallion, #8)
  • Gift Horse (Phantom Stallion, #9)
  • Red Feather Filly (Phantom Stallion, #10)
  • Untamed (Phantom Stallion, #11)

News & Interviews