Start by marking “A Glimpse of Evil (Psychic Eye Mystery, #8)” as Want to Read:
A Glimpse of Evil (Psychic Eye Mystery, #8)

A Glimpse of Evil (Psychic Eye Mystery #8)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  4,151 Ratings  ·  202 Reviews
Professional psychic Abigail Cooper is about to discover that some cold cases are better off dead...

As the FBI's newest Civilian Profiler, Abby Cooper is using her powers of intuition to help solve a backlog of the bureau's cold cases. But when she's the only one who's convinced that several separate cold cases are related, she'll have to call on every intuitive bone in h
Mass Market Paperback, 340 pages
Published July 6th 2010 by Berkley Books (first published May 26th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about A Glimpse of Evil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Glimpse of Evil

Dawn
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
While I enjoyed this and it was one of the better books in this series, there's one thing that drives me nuts in these books. I know I've mentioned it in a previous review, but I have to say it again because it's so prominent in this book. Abby is a psychic. Her "crew" warns her about impending doom. She lives her life trusting her gut above all. In this book, she specifically mentions training the other agents to learn to trust their gut. So why, WHY does she ignore the warnings she gets or dis ...more
Myhotstylist
Sep 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adore Ms Victoria Laurie's books! This highly anticipated 8th installment was by far one of the best ones to date. I devoured it in only a few sittings.

Abbey and the gang: Dutch (her sweetie) Candice (her BFF and Private investegator) and Brice (Dutch's boss) Have all packed up and moved to Austin, TX where Abbey has joined the newest chapter of the FBI called CCS or Cold Case Squad. Abby is put behind a desk and instructed to use her abilities to locate lost clues and help resolve
Nathan Burgoine
Jul 30, 2010 rated it liked it
Another good entry in the "Psychic Eye" mystery series, I liked how much Laurie 'shook up' the characters by shifting the setting - and heroine - to Texas.

The mystery itself is a bit less linear than in the past few books (not a bad thing at all, just different) and there's more from the secondary characters here than in most of the books (also not a bad thing at all, just different.)

I did stumble with one scene where suddenly Abby seemed preachy and pushy - it struck a discordant note with me
Drebbles
Aug 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010
Abby Cooper and her boyfriend Dutch Rivers have both taken jobs with the FBI and moved to Austin, Texas. As a psychic Abby's new job involves her looking at cold cases and using her powers of intuition to try and solve them - something that doesn't thrill the other FBI investigators. Abby’s not one to back away from a challenge and soon solves several cold cases. But trouble seems to follow Abby around, and soon she's in trouble with the FBI. Not only that, but she's convinced several cold cases ...more
Kathrin
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-fiction
I love me some Abby Cooper mystery. It's light and fluffy and funny and exactly what the doctor ordered... I also like how the characters keep on moving forward.
Nancy
Jul 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The last couple of have not been quite a hit with me, but Ms Laurie has definitely stepped up her game with this book.

I do not know if you actually have to read these books in order, but to understand the character development of Abby Cooper and her friends, it might be a good idea to start at the beginning.

Moving from Boston to Austin, Texas, Abby is following the love of her life, Dutch, to his new job and the two of them will now be members of the newly formed col
D.C. Menard
Aug 07, 2011 rated it liked it
The first of the Psychic Eye series that took place somewhere other than Michigan. With the economy plummetting in Michigan, Abby and Dutch decide to move to Texas. Dutch gets a huge promotion, becoming the ASAC of a new FBI division devoted to solving cold cases. Abby is hired on as a civilian profiler. Of course, that doesn't last too long before she's suspended pending an IA investigation. Which doesn't exactly stop her from investigating. Between trying to find the man who killed three young ...more
Gail
Dec 27, 2010 rated it did not like it
Roseanne
May 09, 2010 rated it it was ok
This was okay at best. I liked the previous books in this series but this one was too far fetched to be believable. I seriously doubt that the FBI would allow Abby's boyfriend to be her supervisor. And how convenient that the boyfriend's boss is dating Abby's best friend. And they all move from Michigan to Texas. Together. And her former handyman and the boyfriend's former partner are also moving to Texas??? Right. Way too cheesy for me.
Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews)
Reviewed by Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

Abby and her boyfriend have just moved to Texas, and now she's working with him at the FBI. However, the rest of the group they are working with don't believe in Abby, or her gift. And that causes a few issues, and as she tries to help people out something bad happens to her and a co-worker.

Then Abby is trying to help her friend with her love life, and things start to get a little bit crazy.

This book was actually very good, and I really enjoyed it a lo
Linda Smatzny
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Abby Cooper and her boyfriend have moved to Austin. Dutch has received a promotion with the FBI and is part of a new unit reworking cold cases using Abby and her psychic abilities. Also now living in Austin is Candice and her boyfriend , the head FBI agent of the new unit. Lots of drama between Candice and her boyfriend. Abby feels overloaded and has recurring headaches. The book was a quick easy read.
Sarai
Aug 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book and will definitely read the next when it comes out, but I just didn't feel like this one had the same Oomph as the rest. For one thing, it was like Laverne & Shirley moving to California from Milwaukee - all the characters moved with the main character, so it was basically the same show in a different setting - and the setting really didn't matter much. Why the need to move locales? It didn't take anything away from the story, but it didn't add anything either.

I also fel
Paula Ratcliffe
Apr 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2011
In this book I have heard others say they have a hard time picturing all the characters of Michigan moving to Texas, but my guess is that in a perfect world we would take our friends with us if we could. We find Dutch, Abby, Dave, Candice, Brice, and lastly Milo all in Texas working in a newly developed branch of the FBI known as CCS. Abby has recently joined up with the FBI as a new agent. She has trouble juggling her abilities without burning out. Abby investigates cases in her own way and aft ...more
Lori Whitwam
Some books in this series were 5-stars. This, in my opinion, is the weakest of the bunch. There were no interesting new characters, no compelling central plot (it kind of moved around from subplot to subplot, and none really took center stage), and some of the "lingo" referring to Abby's psychic process that was used heavily in early books just vanished. Seemed odd. It ended with the setup for book 9, so we'll see if that puts the series back on track.
Melodie
Apr 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2010
Really liked this one! Abby seemed to get herself into more trouble than usual, but all the romantic stuff going on between her & Dutch, and Candice & Brice was a nice diversion from that. I didn't care much for the one before this, but this one was back on the mark. I'll be ready for the next one.
Crystal Anderson
Jan 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Another good read by Victoria Laurie. I love haw quick paced and engaging her books are. My goodness, does Abby Cooper ever have a knack for getting into trouble though! Here is one character that would be a good candidate for living in a plastic bubble! Seriously though, I enjoyed this book and am happy that there’s been movement and change in Abby’s life.
Christine L
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sometimes when an author has many books in a series I tend to get bored with them or I feel like the author has bored of them and lost their mojo but this series just gets better and better. I love each one more than the last. I am so looking forward to starting book #9.
Sandra DS
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great book in the series... I find that this one was a little different, but not any less good; it focused more on the characters relationships than on investigating. I loved it and I can't wait to read the next one...
Julie
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just love this series! So fun and great summer reading.
Michelle's Book
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked it a lot, but I thought Abby was getting a little above herself, she isn't perfect and FBI people have had to deal with way to many fraud.
Leslie
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
love these books.
Teresa Stefaniak
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this quick read. Continue to read series.
Teri
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it.

I know if you look back to all my review of this series it seems I say I loved it a lot. But it's true. Another great book. Moving on to the next.
Kristin
Jun 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
This deserves a bit more than four stars, 4 -4 .

Abby and Dutch make their way down to Austin in A Glimpse of Evil, joining Abby’s best friend Candice and Dutch’s boss at the CIA, who is also Candice’s boyfriend, Brice. Aside from the usual drama brought about by whatever crimes this group is working on, there’s tons more supplied by Candice (who I didn’t remember having had an affair with a married man, which they discuss very casually, yuck) and Brice, who are trying to decide if, after a shor
Nicola
May 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Kim Bishop
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
A Glimpse of Evil takes us into the hearts and minds of the three main characters, Abby, Dutch, and Candace. In this latest adventure, it's a deeper look into their relationship connections, along with their crime fighting.

Abby and Dutch arrive in Texas looking forward to their new jobs, but also the new life they will be building together. Candace, having already settled in Texas, greets them both with open arms, and a hand full of her new love interest. I'm not going to name Candace's new boy
Jackson Matthews
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun and fast-moving. I found it in juvenile literature, though, and not quite sure that I think that that is the place for it -- am I getting old, perhaps?
☆Jamie☆
Feb 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Abby Cooper takes us on a whole new journey in A Glimpse of Evil when she joins the FBI to solve cold cases. Note: it's better to have read previous books in order to obtain background information and character dynamics.

Summary:
Abby Cooper's life has seen some major changes recently. Not only has she packed up to follow her honey, Dutch Rivers, to Austin, Texas, but she's also become the FBI's newest civilian profiler. In the course of her new work, Abby is tasked with auditing and reopening so
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Jun 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I have to say that I just love Victoria Laurie's mystery series, both Ghost Hunter and Psychic Eye! And A Glimpse of Evil is another great addition to the latter.

Abby and Dutch move to Texas for the new division of the FBI specializing in cold cases. The perfect job for Abby, yet it's nowhere near as perfect as she would think. First off most of the other detectives treat her with hostility and disdain. She doesn't score many points for being Dutch's girlfriend and friend of Brice, the "boss". B
Madison Mega-Mara...: A Glimpse of Evil - 8th June Book 1 1 Jun 17, 2013 12:10PM
  • Dead and Kicking (A Ghost Dusters Mystery, #3)
  • A Cast-Off Coven (A Witchcraft Mystery, #2)
  • The Seventh Witch (Ophelia & Abby, #7)
  • Death by Diamonds (A Vintage Magic Mystery, #3)
  • Deeply, Desperately (Lucy Valentine, #2)
  • Home for a Spell (A Bewitching Mystery, #7)
  • Tomb with a View (Pepper Martin #6)
  • The Ghost and the Femme Fatale (Haunted Bookshop Mystery, #4)
Victoria Laurie is the New York Times bestselling author of 30 books and counting. Victoria divides her time between her two adult mystery series, (The Psychic Eye Mysteries, and The Ghost Hunter Mysteries), and a Y/A thriller, When (Formerly titled Death Date), to be released in early January of 2015.

As a professional psychic, Victoria's protagonists - psychic Abigail Cooper, and spiritual medium
More about Victoria Laurie

Psychic Eye Mystery (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye (Psychic Eye Mystery, #1)
  • Drop-Dead Blonde
  • Better Read Than Dead (Psychic Eye Mystery, #2)
  • A Vision of Murder (Psychic Eye Mystery, #3)
  • Killer Insight (Psychic Eye Mystery, #4)
  • Crime Seen (Psychic Eye Mystery, #5)
  • Death Perception (Psychic Eye Mystery, #6)
  • Doom with a View (Psychic Eye Mystery, #7)
  • Vision Impossible (Psychic Eye Mystery, #9)
  • Lethal Outlook (Psychic Eye Mystery, #10)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• The Bricklayer (Steve Vail, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Among the Wicked (Kate Burkholder #8)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Snow Garden
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Almost Dead (Lizzy Gardner #5)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Frost (Dewberry Farm Mysteries, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Remains of Innocence (Joanna Brady, #16)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Finding Claire Fletcher (Claire Fletcher, #1)
  • Outfoxed
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Huntress Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Last Witness (C.J. Townsend Thriller)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead Weight (Lizzy Gardner #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Eye for an Eye (Dewey Andreas, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Short Drop (Gibson Vaughn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • You Only Live Twice (James Bond, #12)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Thunderball (James Bond, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Casino Royale (James Bond, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • For Your Eyes Only (James Bond, #8)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Live and Let Die (James Bond, #2)
  • Dr. No
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Moonraker (James Bond, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Diamonds are Forever (James Bond)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Spy Who Loved Me (James Bond, #10)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • From Russia With Love (James Bond, #5)
  • The Blinds
  • Little Boy Lost
  • Blonde Faith
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Deadly Business
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Private Justice (Newpointe 911, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Cutting Room (C.J. Townsend Thriller Book 3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • First to Kill (Nathan McBride, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • In the Barren Ground
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blood Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Lie In Wait (Canaan Crime #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Legacy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Fierce Radiance
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Her Final Breath (Tracy Crosswhite, #2)
  • The Taxidermist's Daughter
    $7.74 $1.99
  • Depraved Heart (Kay Scarpetta, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Standing in Another Man's Grave (Inspector Rebus, #18)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • In the Clearing (Tracy Crosswhite, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cop Hater (87th Precinct, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Jekyll Revelation
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Book of Beloved
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
  • Afterlife
  • The Vines
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Obsessed (Lizzy Gardner #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • River's Edge (Cape Refuge Series, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Pedigree To Die For (A Melanie Travis Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
  • Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kane and Abel (Kane and Abel, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Bone Music (Burning Girl, #1)
  • In the Blue Hour
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cold Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #3)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Stirred (Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels #8)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Raven Black (Shetland Island, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Trapped Girl (Tracy Crosswhite, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Neon Lawyer (Brigham Theodore, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Coyote Waits (Navajo Mysteries, #10)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Sinister Pig (Navajo Mysteries, #16)
    $9.74 $1.99
  • The Kept Woman (Will Trent #8)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Snowblind (Dark Iceland #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bitter Medicine (V.I. Warshawski, #4)
    $8.49 $1.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
  • Playing Dead
  • Look Behind You
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Where the Memories Lie
    $4.99 $1.99
  • White Nights (Shetland Island, #2)
  • Nineteen Seventy Four
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Close to Home (Tracy Crosswhite, #5)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Fields of Wrath (Luis Chavez, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Three (Codename: Chandler, #3)
  • The Hollow Men: A Novel
    $15.95 $1.99
  • What She Doesn't Know
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Pope of Palm Beach: A Novel (Serge Storms)
  • Ancestor
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Night Bird (Frost Easton, #1)
  • Flood (Burke, #1)