Start by marking “The Lost Warrior (Warriors Manga: Graystripe's Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Lost Warrior (Warriors Manga: Graystripe's Trilogy, #1)

The Lost Warrior

(Warriors Manga: Graystripe's Trilogy #1)

When the Twolegs destroy the warrior Clans' forest home, Graystripe- second in command of ThunderClan- is captured trying to help his comrades escape! Trapped in the pampered life of a kittypet, Graystripe has all the food and shelter he needs from his affectionate Twoleg family, but this is not the way he wants to live. The forest is calling him, and he never stops longin ...more
Published May 1st 2007 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Warrior, please sign up.
Hazel You cannot read books on Goodreads. The website is simply for rating books and getting book recommendations. The Read button is in the past tense, as…moreYou cannot read books on Goodreads. The website is simply for rating books and getting book recommendations. The Read button is in the past tense, as in you have read the book. By clicking that button, you are saying that you have read the book already. In order to actually read a book, you need to check it out at the library or purchase it. (less)

Caroline Sarage
Jan 27, 2008 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: people under the age of 8, comic book fans
Recommended to Caroline by: My idiot self
WARNING-May seem rant-ish and contain several typos, as I was typing fast.

I'm you're ordinary [rabid] Warriors fan, eager to snap up the latest book, disregarding genre or length. Imagine my excitement when I found out-New graphic novel, coming out April 24! If only then I would stop and come to the conclusion that this "graphic novel" was really a poorly written comic book with awful artwork.

Let's start with the plotline. To put it in a nutshell, ThunderClan warrior Gray
JJ
Sep 23, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 7 and up who like cats, or who think Warriors sound interesting, but are too young for the novels.
A nice graphic novel, all about Graystripe!
Heather
One of my sons tried to read the first Warriors book; I think in an attempt to read a thicker, more grown-up feeling book. We worked on it together for a while and he told me that he "was allergic to this book because he's allergic to cats." I asked if that was his way of saying he didn't want to read and it and he replied that yes, he thought it was really boring and wanted to stop. I thought we were done with the series.

Well, at the library last night he found this graphic novel of
Georgina Howlett
This was a really good, quick read which I really enjoyed. Millie was an interesting character to meet and Greystripe was drawn to be incredibly handsome and bold. I really love the portrayal and plot of this edition and I look forward to reading the other two in the set so I can see how this particular story ends!
Meredith
Dec 06, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: animals
You know, as hokey as the Warrior's books are, they're actually not too bad. I'm embarrassed to say that I even kind of like them. I'm pretty sure I would have thought they were they most amazing books ever when I was in about fourth grade.
Karla
Sep 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
Graystripe, captured by Animal Control and living with a loving family of "two legs" longs to reunite with his feral cat clan--Thunderclan. Wonderful to read for anyone who enjoys fantasy novels and cats.
Lanie
Well, I'm thinking this would've been better as a nice long novel. Like one of those super editions. (I love firestar's quest.) There just could have been so much growth. I've never liked greystripe, and this just. Made it that much worse. :( he's a whining self-centered brat. I mean we saw that when he went and chose silverstream over his clan. And then chose riverclan. Yes, I know it was for his babies, and I get that that sort of tings makes for a good story. Forbidden love, divided loyalties ...more
Natalie Varnell
Dec 10, 2012 rated it did not like it
Genre: Graphic Novel
Referenced in text page 116
Summary: Greystripe is a warrior cat belonging to the Thunder Clan. In efforts to save members of his clan from captivity, he manages to release the other cats while becoming trapped himself. He finds himself captive in a family’s home that wishes to make him a “kittypet.” Greystripe makes many failed attempts to escape but is always brought back to the two-legged home. Finally with help from another cat named Millie, the two of them are
noah
Sep 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: animal lovers and people who really like reading and also people who like anime/Manga/comics
Recommended to noah by: Myself, a long, long time ago, in a bookshop miles away from whe
Shelves: retired-reviews
Shadi
Apr 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is the first Warriors manga book ever made. It was also the first Warriors book I ever read. =P The illustrations are great and the storyline is great. Five stars.
Kara
Mar 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing
this is graystripes side. after he is kidnapped by twolegs, he meets mille. he and mille set off on a quest to find the clans. i love these books a zillion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Evelyn
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This volume takes place after Warriors: The New Prophecy #3: Dawn.

Greystripe has been kidnapped by Twolegs and must find a way back to ThunderClan. But he's been locked in a Twoleg's nest and by the time he escapes, he's utterly lost. Thankfully, he meets a kittypet named Millie who is fascinated by his tales of warriors. She helps him escape and the two set off to find Greystripe's home.

This series has 3 volumes.
Emy
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book,even though it didn't take very long to read. The pictures were awesome and the little amount of words really told the story. This graphic novel is the first in the GreyStripe series and I would definitely want to read the others in the series. I'm really glad Erin Hunter made graphic novels along with the Warrior series 😄
Lauri
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-read
VERY quick read. Nice little addition to the Warriors collection about the beloved Graystripe. I've been reading the series to my little boy. The books are a little above his reading level so when we found these little graphic novels, he was so excited because HE could read them for himself easily.
Brennen Foerst
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
I got to admit... not really liking the whole "comic book" thing. It just isn't doing it for me. Granted I never really liked comic books anyways. At least the dialogue matched the Warriors series word for word.
Hei Yan
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really love all these manga Warrior books, because all of them are animated and who doesn't love pictures? It's really interesting to see all the obstacles Graystripe tries to overcome and all the new characters he meets. Good luck Graystripe!
pete
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
this was the first manga i ever read and i remember hiding in my town's library sneaking peaks 'cause i wasn't allowed to read it. i don't remember anything except how much i loved graystripe and minecraft and how i made a world in that game specifically for this book. pretty good read.
Oana-Maria Uliu
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
I picked this up because I like cats. I didn't expect to be so bored. I found the story incredibly predictable. It may be ok for a very young reader, and I mean VERY young, otherwise anyone would expect some originality.
Caitlyn
Nov 14, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a adventure of how a kitty pet became a warrior. Gray stripe there second in command and he has been taken. The kitty pet now has to show his true nature of being a cat. On his adventure he meets a cat Milli who helps him through the book.
Abby (Serious Obsession) Lim
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Full of loyalty, prophecies, mysteries, claws, and codes. A cat’s eye view of the world written astoundingly. Hidden stories trapped in between every book. The most legitimate series of the year.
Faith Ayres♡
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cats
meoooow!
Melissa Hamann
It's so good to finally read what happened to Graystripe! Again, super cute drawings and well written to show a cat's point of view. An enjoyable quick read.
Cali Corradi
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
It had great art and I read these in order to see if I wanted to read the novel and I am going to start read those now. Overall a great read and amazing characters.
Vicki
Jun 26, 2017 rated it liked it
it's a short manga book, but i liked how it told the story of how he met Millie
Allan
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adorable graphic novel. Great for parents reading with their kids or really just any fan of animal/cute manga in general.
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cool.
Katie Cat Books
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cats! Domestic vs wild. Mythology.
Thomas Ray
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A good insight on Graystripe.
James Cowart
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I think this would do better in color.
Stephanie
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The pictures were so cute, and this story was so heart warming I am so happy that I read this book. Although, I finished the book in just less than a day.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
1 2 10 Jan 23, 2014 02:22PM

• Peach Fuzz Volume 1
  • Trickster (Wild at Heart, #3)
  • The Golden Tree (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #12)
  • Guide Book To The Great Tree (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
  • Clan Ground (The Named, #2)
  • Tabby in the Tub (Animal Ark, #29)
  • Kittens in the Kitchen (Animal Ark, #1)
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of five people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui T. Sutherland, Gillian Philip, and Inbali Iserles, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers and Survivors series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Bravelands.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the natural world. As well as having a great respect f

Warriors Manga: Graystripe's Trilogy (3 books)
  • Warrior's Refuge (Warriors Manga: Graystripe's Trilogy, #2)
  • Warrior's Return (Warriors Manga: Graystripe's Trilogy, #3)
“I've missed you, too, Graystripe. I watch over you, every day and every night.” 30 likes
“That's part of why I tracked you down. I wanted to be as loyal to you as you are to your Clan. I know I can't exactly miss a life I've never known, Graystripe, but I think sharing your life and your path... is the best journey I could possibly imagine.” 25 likes