Start by marking “Piglet and Mama” as Want to Read:
Piglet and Mama

Piglet and Mama

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  135 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
In the tradition of the children's classic "Are You My Mother? ", a heart warming story by a breakout team
Speaking to every child who has ever been lost, this warmly illustrated book is perfect for bedtime and story hour. Poor Piglet has lost her mama! All the other mother animals offer help, the duck with a cuddle, the sheep with a daisy chain, the dog with a roll in the
Published April 1st 2005 by Harry N. Abrams (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Piglet and Mama, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Piglet and Mama

Jessica
May 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My son has loved this book since age 2 (now 4 1/2). He has memorized it and he loves playing the part of Piglet and I play the part of Mama and the other animals. A truly touching, cute and interactive children's book.
Veronica
Jul 01, 2009 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: pig lovers, my mom.
Recommended to Veronica by: Kathy Wolf
Shelves: 2009, easy-books
Simple story but very cute illustrations... a new take on "Are You My Mother?"
Kaia
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kaia's version of this book..."Mama here? No mama here. Mama here? No mama here....MAMA!!"
Felicia Tidwell taylor
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
This piglet has walked of from his Momma and he can't seem to find her. His friends try to help but it is not working. Piglet wants his momma! Will Piglet find his Momma? Talk to the children about safety and why it is important to stay with the adult that you are with.
jacky
Aug 03, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: preschool - primary
Even though the illustrations were as wonderful as Piglet and Papa, I didn't love this book quite as much. What I loved so much about the book with Papa was the message that even if your parent gets angry with you, they still love you. This book didn't have a message like that. Instead, it was already-been-done plot of losing your mother. I did like how each animal offers Piglet comfort, and how Piglet and Mama do all these things together at the end. This is really a warm and fuzzy book, but it ...more
Krista
May 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is a great book that my mom read to me when I was little, printed by Scholastic in 2007. I now read it to my baby sister all the time. My favorite part of this book is at the end when piglet who is trying to find his mom throughout the book finally finds her and she does all the other fun things that the other animal's moms were doing with there children. I can say I also love the back of the book that is Illustrated with Piglet and his Mama looking up at the sky. This is a wonderful b ...more
Shawna
May 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
We LOVE this book! So sweet, so simple.

It's really lovely how all the other animals are so willing to let Piglet join them for some fun and caring, "But Piglet wanted her mama," so her quest continues.

When she finds her mama, the reunion isn't over the top, and the ending isn't all sugary and sap.

We keep getting this one from the library, so I think it's time to get a copy of our own.
Anna
Mar 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Beautiful, warm illustrations make this book. Simple story about a lost piglet who encounters several other kinds of animals while searching for Mom. Each animal asks piglet to do a different activity -- roll in mud, dance in daffodils, etc. But piglet keeps looking for Mom. Finds her and there is a nice second mention of several of the activities mentioned earlier. Story is not boring, but something is missing that would have taken it to that next level of "great."
Destiny Thompson
Jul 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Every child at one point in there lives has lost there mama, just like baby piglet in the story. On piglets journey to find his mother he encounters other farm animals, who try to occupy him, but all he wants is to find his mother. By the end of the story, piglet does find his mama. Personally I think the illustrations could be brighter and offer more to the reader. Overall, the story is cute! I would recommend this story for children Pre-K.
Michelle
Dec 26, 2010 added it
Shelves: picture-books
Piglet is searching for his mom and even though all the other animal mommies offer for him to join them and their babies he wants his mom! The illustrations by Stephen Michael King capture the warmth between a mama and her baby beautifully
babyhippoface
Feb 22, 2008 rated it liked it
When Piglet can’t find her Mama, no other mother can comfort her in this colorful picture book. The playful farm animals and loving relationship between Piglet and Mama make this perfect for sharing with the very young at bedtime or in a Pre-K unit on family.
Louise (A Strong Belief in Wicker)
Piglet loses her Mama one morning, and looks about the farmyard for her.
Patricia
Great story time book about being lost.
Lindsay
May 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
farms, pigs, mothers
Kayla
Apr 07, 2011 rated it it was ok
Lovely illustrations, simple and repetitive story...not incredibly original.
Voracious
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this and the kids loved it too. Took it out of the library many times.
Jul 27, 2009 rated it liked it
Piglet cant find Mama and on her search is offered several distractions by the other barnyard animals, "But Piglet wanted her Mama".
Amy
Jul 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
very cute way to let kids know they are loved.
Katie
Dec 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: pb, pb-perform
"Are You My Mother?" formula

Would make a cute, short, early elementary play.
Paula
When Piglet cannot find her mother, all of the barnyard animals try to make her feel better, but Piglet wants nothing but Mama.
Stacy
May 04, 2011 rated it it was ok
Little piglet misses his mom and goes looking for her. Revision of Are you my mother?
April
Mar 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: storyhour-books
My tot-time class loved it.
Lindsay
May 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
farm, spring, pigs, babies and mothers
Vivian
Apr 23, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
One part spare text, two parts repetition, three parts winsome illustrations, four parts creative movement prompts makes this a “high five” good time, complete with a happy ending.
Naomi Blackburn
May 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
As everyone has said, a new take on "Are You My Mother?" Reminding kids that there is nothing like their mothers, but really didn't stand out.
Stephanie
Sep 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: baby-books
One of my and MrD's favorite books. Sweet, smart, fun and reassuring - a perfect book for any little kid.
Tiffany
Feb 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
I love the illustrations in this book as well as the simple story line. I also love the message that whatever you do is more fun when its with family! It's one my kids love me to read to them.
Mrs Bond
Mar 12, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: picturebook, family
Very pretty illustrations. Piglet loses her mama, seeks her out among the other farm animals.
Marissa Elera
Apr 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pigs, family, parents
Cute and cute.
Wren Claudet
Nov 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Margaret Wild has written more than seventy books and has been published around the world. Her numerous awards and distinctions include the Children’s Book Council of Australia Picture Book of the Year Award for Jenny Angel, illustrated by Anne Spudvilas; The Very Best of Friends, illustrated by Julie Vivas; and Fox, illustrated by Ron Brooks. In 2008 she received the Nan Chauncy Award for an outs ...more
More about Margaret Wild