Start by marking “Cut to the Corpse (A Decoupage Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cut to the Corpse (A Decoupage Mystery, #2)

Cut to the Corpse (A Decoupage Mystery #2)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  307 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
A sticky situation in the second Decoupage mystery.

Decoupage teacher Brenna Miller is in over her head when she finds bride-to-be Tara with her fiance's dead best friend-and Tara holding the murder weapon. It's up to Brenna to get to the truth before Tara's future turns to shreds.

Published April 6th 2010 by Berkley Prime Crime (first published March 31st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Cut to the Corpse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cut to the Corpse

Elizabeth
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Found this book interesting and the storyline captivating. Interesting glimpses into the past of the characters and the ending of the book was fantastic!! Going to have to back track and read book 1 in the series before I read book 3
Melissa
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-cozies
This one is going to rank right up there as one of my favorite Jenn stories. I adored this story-it has a great plot and I had multiple laugh out loud moments. This is one for my keeper shelf for sure!
Amy
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
A pleasant follow-up to the first book in the series. Another murder in less than one year? How do these things happen? Boston socialite Tara has fallen in love with local mechanic Jake, upsetting some in the small town of Morse Point. Tara invites Brenna and Tenley along for the bachelorette party--a night "on the town" which unfortunately ends up with Brenna discovering Tara the next morning in bed with Jake's best friend Clue, and Clue is quite dead. Tara is holding a knife but has no recolle ...more
Jenn C
May 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, read-2015
My second outing with Lucy Lawrence (aka Jenn McKinley) was better than the first, but it still didn't wow me. I'll finish out the series, but probably won't pick up another book by this author anytime soon.

Brenna (aka Nancy Drew) is back and slightly less ditzy. She is growing on me - I do like her terrier attitude - especially when the males in her life are constantly telling her to leave things alone. The twins are as annoying as ever (again, eccentricity is interesting. Annoying is most def
meghann
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I definitely enjoyed this one, but these men are driving me crazy trying to manage Brenna and make decisions for her. I get being worried about someone when there is a murderer loose in town. But saying it's not safe for her to be out after dark because she is a woman? Dude, there have only been three murders in this town in the last 50 years, and all of the victims were men. Check yourself. I'm so glad Brenna put these guys in their place.
Jan
Oct 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Fun cozy mystery. Good characters
Hannah
Jun 27, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Cut to the Corpse is a great follow-up to Stuck on Murder. Morse Point and its residents are by now starting to feel like old, familiar friends, the love triangle kicks up a notch, and Brenna builds on her newfound strength from the previous book to become a really likeable heroine with spunk in spades. If there's one thing I had to complain about, it's the fact that the murder mystery isn't as well-paced.

It had all the promise of being an interesting mystery with plenty for Brenna to stick her
Connie
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I like Brenna and the trouble she keeps finding herself in when murders are happening in her small town. Brenna Miller is a very well written and likable character, her dilemmas over having two very handsome guys chasing her and trying to track down the murder of local bad boy "Clue", whom she found in the bed of fiancé Tara Montgomery who is supposed to be marrying Jake Haywood, Clue's best friend! Brenna as usual does her crime sleuthing with best friend Tenley and before she can discover who ...more
Feb 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
I solved the mystery halfway through, which was disappointing, but I enjoyed the characters.
LORI CASWELL
Feb 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Second in the Series

ISBN-10: 0425233898
ISBN-13: 978-0425233894

In the second book of the series, Brenna is starting to feel more at home in Morse Point and she is starting to hear more of the local gossip. She has never found gossip appealing but in this town it's best to know who's doing what with who or what's happening to someone well before you end up in the middle of the gossip yourself.

The latest gossip is that wealthy Tara Montgomery is engaged to Jake Haywood, the local mechanic. Tara's m
Patti
Nov 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: cozy mystery lovers
In this second Decoupage Mystery book Brenna once again finds herself in the middle of a murder.

When Bride-to be Tara doesn't show up to OK her wedding favors, Brenna decides to go to her home and get her. She knows that the bachelorette party was the night before and figures Tara overslept. What Brenna finds however is a nightmare. Tara is fast asleep in bed, alongside Clue, her fiance Jake's best friend. Even worse, Clue is dead and Tara is holding the murder weapon.

Tara can't remember what h
Kayleen
Nov 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
I jumped into this series at #2. Although at moments I had the understandable feeling of having walked in partway through a conversation, by the end of the book I felt I had enough information that I was caught up with the series.

Unfortunately I loved the characters and disliked the sleuthing. If I hated both I could walk away from the series. Now I'll annoy myself with another one.

Semi-Spoiler: The bride-to-be is found in bed the morning after her batchelorette party, laying next to a dead bo
Kimberly
May 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
Team Dom! <p>I didn't think the murderer was the murderer. When it was found out who the murderer was, it was kind of scary because stuff like that happens for real. Maybe not to that extreme, but it's not unlikely that people are killed for those reasons. Because of all of that, I felt sad for all involved. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I like all the characters in the book. They all seem to serve a purpose. Even the twins who can be a tad bit annoying, but I think that's the poi
Lisa Shafer
May 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
The main character was pretty believable, as was her BFF. But the rest just didn't work. We have a high society girl who acts like a bashful country girl out of a 1950s school book -- who even refers to the fact she might have been raped as "any action down there." Uh, right. This girl, for no reason ever given in the book, is suddenly living in a small town and is getting married to a local mechanic with whom she has nothing in common, but which romance is touted as sigh-worthy. Sure. No proble ...more
Michelle Randall
Book two of the Decoupage Mystery finds all the same residents of Morse Point, including a few new members.

Jake Haywood and Tara Montgomery have just gotten engaged and somehow Brenna and Tenley have become friends of the bride-to-be. One night the girls head out for a bachorette party with some of Tara's friends, and although Tenley and Brenna go home early, the night gets wild. Brenna has to pick up Tara the next morning to met with tara's mom only to find Tara in bed with Jake's best friend C
Grey853
Jul 14, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery, cozy
Decoupage teacher Brenna Miller is happy for the young bride who wants her to make the favors for her wedding. However, when the girl is suspected of murder, Brenna sets out to investigate because she doesn't believe for a second that Tara is guilty.

This is nothing but fluff. The actual mystery was hardly there. You know almost from the beginning who the real culprit is. There's hardly any believable parts of Brenna's snooping activities.

I did like the parts about the dog, but all her longing fo
Jennifer Brown
Jun 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Cute, cozy mystery! Second book in the Decoupage Series with a more simple outcome than the first. I love the small town life and how easily people help one another out. I would love close friends like this after a short period. The characters are loveable and I didn't quite guess who the killer was because I liked the character the author chose. Then you put a little twist in the end and realize it was something happening over time. I don't know if I was just out of it while reading this book o ...more
Trine
The latest installment in the decoupage mystery series is yet another intriguing mystery as well as a thought-provoking read on the topics of friendships, family and heritage.

For readers interested in the art of decoupage there's plenty of information on this particular craft throughout the book.

This reader is already looking forward to the next book in the series.
Jill
Dec 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love this series of books. Wonderful hometown feeling, sense of community and they keep me guessing. Wish there would have been more in the series. Looking forward to starting the third and last book.
Sandybear76
Brenna's new friend Tara invites Brenna and Tenley to Tara's bachelorette party. Brenna gets a surprise in the morning when she arrives to pick up Tara for class.

a hobby mystery- decoupage
Kitty Tomlinson
Jul 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
Brenna helps clear Tara of a murder charge when she is found in bed with the dead best man for her wedding. Fun read.
Johanna
Apr 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
This is such a cute series. I really like it. The book just flows and I did not want to stop reading.
Eileen
Jul 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really liked this mystery. It is the second book in the series of three and I enjoy the characters
and how Brenna gets involved again in solving the murders.
Laura Rodd
Apr 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Another rainy day in upstate NY so another light read to make an ugly day a little bit more entertaining. Fun, light read.
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Apr 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
A very nice cozy which makes me want to go back and read the first in the series, as well as, pre-order her next book! If you enjoy crafting mysteries, this is a winner!
Heidi
Apr 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Book 2 was better than the first - figured it out a bit later. I like the competition between Nate and Dom...
Christina
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
More like 4 1/2 stars. The ending was kind of a let down to me.
Carol Rosenthal
Sep 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
This is a good "cosy" mystery. The murderer was kind of a surprise and the characters were likable.
Susan Webb
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was pleasantly going along with the story and so caught up with it that when the murderer was revealed, I was shocked! Didn't see that coming! Loved it
Vera
Aug 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011-reads
Brenna Miller gets pulled into a murder concerning a forthcoming wedding. She has to investigate. (Of course.) Good read.
  • Death Threads (A Southern Sewing Circle, #2)
  • Preaching to the Corpse (Advice Column Mystery, #2)
  • Tressed to Kill (Southern Beauty Shop, #1)
  • Last Writes (Forensic Handwriting Mystery #4)
  • The Proof is in the Pudding (A Della Cooks Mystery #3)
  • Drip Dead (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #3)
  • Silent Auction (Josie Prescott Antiques Mystery #5)
  • The Diva Paints the Town (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #3)
  • Glossed and Found (A Bath and Body Mystery, #3)
  • The Bone Fire (Gil Montoya Mystery #2)
  • Foul Play at the PTA  (Beth Kennedy #2)
  • Red Delicious Death (Orchard, #3)
  • Scoop to Kill (A Mystery a La Mode, #2)
  • Guise & Dolls (Gretchen Birch, #4)
  • Finger Lickin' Dead (A Memphis BBQ Mystery #2)
  • Death Takes a Honeymoon (Carnegie Kincaid, #4)
  • Arsenic and Old Paint (An Art Lover's Mystery, #4)
  • The Cracked Pot (Clay and Crime, #2)
Lucy Lawrence is a pen name for Jenn McKinlay.

Lucy Lawrence (a pseudonym for Jenn McKinlay) took her first decoupage class when she was twelve years old. Since then, cutting and pasting have become a way of life. With two small children at home, she finds decoupage a fun craft as well as a very handy tool, especially when used to cover up doodles made in permanent marker on otherwise lovely furnit
More about Lucy Lawrence...

A Decoupage Mystery (3 books)
  • Stuck on Murder (A Decoupage Mystery, #1)
  • Sealed with a Kill (A Decoupage Mystery, #3)