Start by marking “Maximum Ride, Vol. 3 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #3)” as Want to Read:
Maximum Ride, Vol. 3 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #3)

Maximum Ride, Vol. 3

(Maximum Ride: The Manga #3)

Narrowly surviving their encounter with Erasers in New York City, the flock is following up a lead on their pasts in Washington, D.C. But what they find waiting for them is...a home?! How will the flock adjust to a real school - one that doesn't involve mad scientists and genetic freaks?
Published August 17th 2010 by Yen Press (first published August 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Maximum Ride, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Michelle. D.
Apr 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
FANNNNNGGGGG! So, I loved Fang in this book but then when he kissed that girl and Max saw I was like "HOW COULD YOU?!?!??!"

LOL, sorry, just had to get that out.

Let's talk about the book in no specific order!!!

- Iggy on the cover=HAWT!
- Fang and Max=HELL YEAHZ!
- Isn't it obvious that Nudge likes Fang
- These fakes names of theirs. XD Captain Terror all the way.
- Starting to dislike Angel.
- Remember when Iggy was crying? Didn't you feel so bad?!!?! I felt so bad for Iggy, I just wanted to
hug him
Gwendolyn Harper
Jun 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
.....I'm already know I'm going to fall in love with this book....Iggy's on the FRONT COVER! *Dies and goes to heaven*
*comes back to life* I love iggy! he's my fav. Character!
*sigh* I love books!
The sucky part is that Yen Press takes forever to get there books out! *Sob*
Jennifer Benito
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I liked this book "Maximum Ride, vol.3" because i like when they start fighting with mean things like "The Erasers" and some other mean people that Max, Nudge, Angel, Gazzy, Iggy, and Fang. They all survive but something horrible happens to one of them. Go get the book so you can read it because i know that it was an really awesome book i even rated it 5 stars. The book was so amazing and in this book there is a lot of action, blood, and a lot of fighting. So if you are a kind of person who like ...more
Aso
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm falling in love with this manga. Should I continue the with the manga or the books
RawrItsLiv
Apr 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
I love these books and was immensely happy when I found out they were going to be adapted into graphic novels.

NaRae Lee does and absolutely fantastic job!!! The drawings a perfect, it captures the emotion well, and you can see the uniqueness in each of the characters.

The only thing that really go to me though was during the swimming scene when Gazzy almost landed on Nudge and when Angel was asking about fish. They were wearing swimsuits...and you couldn't see their wings. Their wings don't just
Kendra Marie
One of my favourites! I absolutely loved this part in the series and to see it transformed into pictures and text makes the story so much more realistic to me... Because who wouldn't want a world with 98% human and 2% avian mutants to be real?? No joke, I think it would be so cool for that to happen... Aaaaand, I've now realized that I'm rambling on again like I normally do so going to end it by saying that I'm once again thoroughly impressed with this manga series :)
Christopherbasso
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
The book I read was Maximum Ride, Vol.3 and this book was written by James Patterson. The Genre of the book is fantasy. The book was mainly about how they went to go visit some of the kids homes, but they didn't find anybody at the homes. Then the erasers hurt fang and they had to go to the hospital, Then the FBI investigated them and they went to go live with one of the agents and the group went to school. The book isn't mainly about the power of love, but it is about judging a book by its cove ...more
Lena
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels, ya-mg
This series is a lot of fun. Tons of action, a little romance. I thought the part where they went to school would be boring, but it was hilarious. So far, a great series. Will definitely keep reading!
Henry
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Iggy persistened even thew you is blind he can still help the team
Adiba
Nov 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
GREAT MANGA BOOK! the manga was very good i love this whole series!!!!! i read the first and thrid book and all i have to say is impressive, all im waiting for is to read the second book. this story is about these human bird creatures and how they were adopted my this mad scienctist who turned them into birds. throughout the whole story, the main characters (i apoligize for forgeting their names)are trying to find their real parents. unfortunantly these bug were wolf dog creatures are trying to ...more
Mary Stevens
Oct 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
I must say, Fang looks even smexier than the first two!
The details are amazing, and Narae has the flock down to a science! I can't say much else about this book, becasue it's just too amazing for words.
Although, the Red-Haired Wonder does look like a total s***. (I don't cuss.)
But, it was an amazing book and I loved it!
Jan Carlo
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So when they head to new york this girl found them and they decided to go with her this girl,her name is anne and she treated them like their family and they went to a school, a real a school with educations and stuffs.
Briana
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, manga
I love Fang!!!(that's all I have to say) :3
Pamela
Nov 20, 2010 rated it liked it
The manga is now less awkward for me to read now. And the story is getting better~
Ashley
Jan 20, 2011 added it
it wuzzz amazing!!!!!
Raul
Sep 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Not as amazing as the other two but still a very fun read.
Ghadeer Kja
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, novel-to-manga
the story is amazing. different characters and great art work
Emma Oertle
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Maximum Ride is definitely a series I would recommend to others, whether they like comics or stories. Although I didn’t start the series with first book, I could already grasp how the story would go and the art style is something to admire as well. Just reading the third book in the story, makes you feel a close connection to the characters. You worry for their safety and get very hopefully that they’ll win. This book, manga, is about a group of outcasts, who were experimented on, and given wing ...more
Rogelio Mendoza
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Adrienna
This one was just okay. The bird-like kids are trying to blend in with a normal school and pretending to be like their classmates which obviously was not an easy task. Living with the same agent that drilled them, seems a bit unrealistic for me, but nice gesture. She has a beautiful home too. They could be 'free' as a bird, flying around at all hours of the day or night. Literally.

Jealous is brewing for Max as Fang has a love thang. She supposedly is the motherly role, eldest of the pack, and t
Sam
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Once I actually got started reading this volume, I enjoyed it so much. I find this is a problem I am having with the series, I really like it but I find it really difficult to pick up the next volume.
This volume was a bit over the place, and there's not much I can say without spoilers. I will say however, Max is such a cutie and tbh so is Fang. Everybody seems to be developing more powers and they seem somewhat random, not really much to do with being an avian. But I'll ignore that minor flaw be
Kayleigh
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tween-teen-ya
Definitely helps to have read the actual book first (this is part of book 2: School's Out Forever), so it doesn't take long to read, maybe 30 minutes if distractions are limited. So I should be able to get through Manga 4-8 (all we have at our library) by tomorrow ^_^ From peaking at the plots, it should make it to book 4 (Book 3: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports; Book 4: The Final Warning).

Spoiler Warning...

...An item in the book but not in the Manga...

They totally miss Max's first ki
Evelyn
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
The flock is in Washington DC and nothing stays quiet for long as more erasers come for them. However, help comes from an unexpected place and the group gets to spend some time as ‘normal’ children. But even in their down time, they’re still searching for answers and a safe place for them to live in peace.

The volume ends with a preview of another one of James Patterson’s young adult novels as a manga. Daniel X

This series is based on the James Patterson novel series Maximum Ride.

This series has 1
Kassilem
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1-read-gns
This series is still going strong. What I like about reading these manga volumes is that I can get the story without struggling through the juvenile/young book novels. I can't read the younger books very well anymore. I love description and at least in a graphic novel I can interpret description in the art, which is partly why I love the graphic novels with the good art. This has got both: great art and a good story. I'm looking forward to the fourth installment.
Caden Wheeler
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was a good book it had a lot of action and funny moments but it was also very serious if you have not read book 1 or 2 then they explain what its about i recommend it. A group of people called itex created 6 kids that have wings and super vision and can breath under water and their goal it to destroy itex.
Emily
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think the book Maximum Ride Vol. 3 is a really good book because it has action and really exciting moments. I think they could have made the book longer. I chose this book because the first and the second books were really good. The flock also goes to a normal public school. I think people who like reading mangas and who were reading the first two book should read this one.
Scott Whitney
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the best one to date. I like the story and the challenges which they are facing while trying to fit in. How is Max supposed to save the world and will they find their real parents? I can't stop reading this series. I also like the preview of Daniel X which was at the end of this volume.
Roger Royer
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is rather good. It is by far the best in the series so far and I was glad to see it. I almost stopped reading the series because of the last book and how little it interested me. Needless to say I enjoyed this one and think that I might just finish the series when I get a chance.
Jeremiah
Apr 24, 2019 rated it liked it
okay
Lea
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Definitely enjoyed the progression of the story. It was a bit cliché, but overall had a good story arch and characters
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
X,Y, & Z, A Polk ...: Manga Challenge for 2013-2014 1 3 Nov 10, 2011 07:33AM

• Cirque Du Freak: Tunnels of Blood, Vol. 3
  • Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 03 (Alice in the Country of Hearts, #3)
  • Nightschool: The Weirn Books, Vol. 3
  • Chibi Vampire, Vol. 03
  • +Anima 10 (+Anima, #10)
  • The Dark-Hunters, Vol. 3 (Dark-Hunter Manga, #3)
  • Maximum Ride: List of Maximum Ride Characters, Maximum Ride, James Patterson, Maximum Ride: the Angel Experiment
  • D.N.Angel, Vol. 12 (D.N.Angel, #12)
  • Skeleton Key: The Graphic Novel (Alex Rider: The Graphic Novels, #3)
  • Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, Vol. 3 (Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, #3)
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. He has sold over 380 million books wo

Maximum Ride: The Manga (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 1 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #1)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 2 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #2)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 4 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #4)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 5 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #5)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 6 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #6)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 7 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #7)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 8 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #8)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 9 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #9)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 10 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #10)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 11 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #11)
“If we had directions, it wouldn't be life. It would be an assignment. Grunt work.” 2 likes