Start by marking “Dizzy Izzy” as Want to Read:
Dizzy Izzy

Dizzy Izzy

3.47  ·  Rating details ·  108 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Izzy the ice-cream truck is doing everything he can think of to make himself dizzy, but nothing seems to be working as well as he’d like. Among other attempts, Izzy goes through the car wash, gets covered in suds, and spins himself in circles. In all his efforts, he gets in a tizzy, feels whizzy and fizzy…but is Izzy ever dizzy?

Young readers will love this tongue-twisting
Published June 8th 2010 by Simon Spotlight (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Dizzy Izzy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dizzy Izzy

Nicola
Miss 3 and I like to explore different books and authors at the library, sometimes around particular topics or themes. We try to get different ones out every week or so; it's fun for both of us to have the variety and to look at a mix of new & favourite authors.

Miss 3 was a little puzzled by the book (or rather by some of the rhymes) but liked that Izzy is an ice-cream truck.
Jessica
Oct 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: educ542
Silly rhymes and tongue twisters. Playful, bright illustrations. Fun book for young readers.
Bari
Feb 27, 2012 rated it liked it
I am big fan of Jon Scieszka and love his books. His Trucktown series is extremely popular among little boys. The pictures are colorful and bright and the stories are just as good.

My nephew is a big fan of this series and has the hardcover Trucktown books as well as several of the beginner readers. He is only 4 and isn't reading yet but he loves them so much I bought him a few new ones for the holidays this year.
Erin Reilly-Sanders
The story is fun, the vocabulary nicely limited, and the illustrations silly. It would make a good readaloud with the tongue-twister like works but is also appropriate for early readers. Maybe it would be fun for a child to try reading to an adult.
Amanda
Jan 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Delightful rhythm and rhymes that have great sound repetition for a beginning reader, and a delightful twist at the end. With its usual action-packed illustrations, Dizzy Izzy thinks he's a solid entry to the series. Is he? (Yes.)
Beverly
Oct 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: j-beginners
Lots of rhyming words for young beginning readers.
Sammy
Dec 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series-book
The next Dr. Seuss books! Really enjoyed reading them!
Roben
Feb 07, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked it - my 3 year old granddaughter LOVED it!
Casey Girard
Aug 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really like this series for boys as they begin to read. They are silly and action packed. With simple repetitive words.
Keely Shannon
Jun 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Jon Scieszka's rhymes and vocabulary are a treat for beginning readers.
August Maclauchlan
Oct 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love Jon scieszka's books! My boys 3 & 5 love them
Courtnie
Aug 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: for-the-boys
Fun rhymes - too young for Nicholas and too old for Matthew to be a true hit for us.
Kayla
Dec 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
A fun book beginning readers. Part of the Trucktown series. The pictures are colorful and engaging. Series has a lot of appeal to boys. Loved the rhyming.
Elizabeth
Great easy book for the letter "I" Story time
Sam
Sep 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: trucks-and-cars
Is He? (Sam likes reading the Is he? part of this book.)
Chris
Jul 31, 2015
Sarah Kuhlman
Jun 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Jon Scieszka is a writer and teacher. He lives in Brooklyn, New York, with his wife and two children. Occasionally he has been known to howl at the full moon. --from the dust jacket of "The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs"

Jon Scieszka is also the author of the best-selling ALA Notable Book, The True Story of the Three Little Pigs, as well as Knights of the Kitchen Table, and The Not-So-Jolly Roger
More about Jon Scieszka