Start by marking “Magical Passes: The Practical Wisdom of the Shamans of Ancient Mexico” as Want to Read:
Magical Passes: The Practical Wisdom of the Shamans of Ancient Mexico

Magical Passes: The Practical Wisdom of the Shamans of Ancient Mexico

(The Teachings of Don Juan #10)

For us to perceive any of the worlds that exist beside our own, not only do we have to covet them but we need to have sufficient energy to seize them. In this revolutionary book, Carlos Castaneda offers readers the key to this energetic conditioning for the first time, revealing a series of body positions and physical movements that enabled various sorcerers, and their app ...more
Published December 9th 1998 by Harper Perennial (first published 1997)

Start your review of Magical Passes: The Practical Wisdom of the Shamans of Ancient Mexico
Ahmad Sharabiani
Magical Passes: The Practical Wisdom of the Shamans of Ancient Mexico (The Teachings of Don Juan #10), Carlos Castaneda
تاریخ نخستین خوانش: یازدهم ماه ژوئن سال 1998 میلادی
عنوان: حرکات جادویی - خرد شمنان مکزیک کهن؛ کارلوس کاستاندا؛ برگردان: مهران کندری؛ تهران، نشر میترا، 1377، در 330 ص، مصور، شابک: ایکس - 964599831؛
مجموعه ی این دوازده کتاب به توالی تاریخ انتشار به زبان اصلی که همه به فارسی ترجمه شده به قرار زیر است
1-The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge (1968)
Stefan Emunds
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
We're much more than just Homo sapiens (a race), we are also energetic, mental, and spiritual beings. In order for our body to be healthy, our energies need to be so too. A healthy mind in a healthy body! The Magical Passes help exactly with that, they rejuvenate our energy body or astral body. The Magical Passes are choreographed movements and can be compared to Ch'i Gong, except that the latter usually suggests simpler and slower movements.

I practice the Magical Passes every mornin
William
Jul 31, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The author transmogrifies what he learned into a crass commercial endeavor.
David
Apr 21, 2008 marked it as to-read
I've always been skeptical of this one, as the magical passes are photo illustrated throughout, and it just seemed more 'new age' than i was willing to admit Castaneda as being. (or me being). Like the book publishers put it out after Carlos died, (or flew away or whatever).

Anyway thanks to the public library i said what the heck. I havn't practiced any moves yet. But reading it reminded me of certain passages in his previous writings, such as when Carlos learned the art of 'stalking
Lo
Oct 08, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction, too-woo
My first Castaneda book (I think it's the only book of his that my library has), and I'm glad I didn't pay a dime for anything else by him. The "passes" are nothing but new age nonsense, possibly appropriated from older ideas? but I'm betting not. I was willing to give Castaneda a try in lieu of all the accusations leveled at him, but going through this book placed me firmly in the "fraud" camp. Don Juan is, in all likelihood, a complete fabrication. On the extremely unlikely off-chance that he ...more
Oziiriiz .
¿Qué es la realidad? sino lo que las propias experiencias, percepciones y límites de la mente dejan ver. Mi realidad.
Es muy divertido y esta lleno de sabiduría, no se trata de compartir las formas o los medios de lo que enseña Don Juan, pero, es curioso ,como menos, ver como más de un camino te puede llevar a reflexiones sobre la vida, creo yo, universales. Podrías casi ignorar el asunto de los alucinógenos, pero el olvidar prejuicios es a mi parecer una parte importante de todo el relato.
Carlos Daniel Pinzón
Mi primer acercamiento al mundo de los naguales, que motivo una búsqueda profunda de lo ancestral, donde comprendí que lo mágico y la realidad se cruzan todo el tiempo. Este primer libro muestra un Carlos Castañeda Antropólogo,intelectual y su propia transformación personal, lo cual lo hace extraordinario para romper nuestra propia racionalidad y acercarnos al universo del chamanismo como vida de conexión personal.
Artemis
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fascinating! Great read and exercises.
Awakens blood in your veins, strengthens your aura. Really helpful for everyone, as well as beneficial for people who practice craft and spell work/shamanism and etc
I combine the movements from this wonderful book with Chinese art of movement/ Qi Gong.
Tia
Sep 25, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: anyone with an open mind
I see I need to buy this one. Had to return it to the library. Very intriguing, not a sit down and read straight through kind of book.Of course I liked it. I have been a Duan Juan Fan since Carlos first introduced him.
dan
Jan 11, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people interested in meditation, yoga, and magic
I have started 3 or 4 Castaneda books, and often get about half way through. This is the first Castaneda book I read entirely. This book focuses on the relationship between mind, body, mystical trance, and magic. Exercises are included with illustrative pictures.
Pi
Oct 08, 2007 rated it it was amazing
There are some curious parts here that will connect the Inner Dance with the Mayans.
Nora
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a how-to book in part. The opening is brilliant but then comes the doing it part. I really could not get behind that much. I've read it twice to get what i could.
Wiser
Aug 15, 2008 rated it did not like it
SUCKS!
Leeza Donatella
Apr 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
As you discover your power, this is a good practical book of explanations and exercises.
sharad
Sep 18, 2016 marked it as to-read
Shelves: partly-read
This is the one [book] that has the tensegrity exercises. I wasn't able to get into this book – maybe later on.
Estefania Velez
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The importance if this book lies on the application of the knoledge containes inside, not just reading it.
Mahjepe
Jan 27, 2016 rated it did not like it
Les75
Nov 17, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: esoterismo
Castaneda è ormai diventato famoso, ha venduto migliaia di libri in tutto il mondo, ma non ne è ancora pago: si inventa un corso in cui insegna delle pratiche meditative-posturali chiamate "tensegrità". Presi di per sé ed estrapolate da un contesto di gruppo, sono movimenti riconducibili allo stretching, allo yoga e a molte arti marziali, pertanto nulla di nuovo. il volume ha poca utilità, a patto che non si sia deciso di aderire ai corsi di tensegrità sviluppati dai discepoli di Castaneda.
Brett
Jun 26, 2013 rated it did not like it
For those who ever doubted whether this man was a "seeker", a "believer", on a true spiritual journey, or just fooling you all, here's where you find the answer.

Finally, you've reached the conclusion of his series of books. At the end of it all, Carlos exposed himself as the liar, the charlatan, the con man that he always truly was.
Pardis Ahmadi

• The Art of Peace
  • The Secret Teachings of Aikido
  • Daoist Nei Gong for Women: The Art of the Lotus and the Moon
  • Heavenly Streams: Meridian Theory in Nei Gong
Carlos Castaneda was an American author.
Starting with The Teachings of Don Juan in 1968, Castaneda wrote a series of books that describe his training in shamanism, particularly with a group whose lineage descended from the Toltecs.
The books, narrated in the first person, relate his experiences under the tutelage of a man that Castaneda claimed was a Yaqui "Man of Knowledge" named don Juan M

The Teachings of Don Juan (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge
  • Eagle's Gift
  • Fire from Within
  • Power of Silence
  • The Art of Dreaming
  • The Wheel of Time: The Shamans of Mexico Their Thoughts About Life Death & the Universe