Start by marking “The Immortal Hunter (Argeneau #11) (Rogue Hunter #2)” as Want to Read:
The Immortal Hunter (Argeneau #11) (Rogue Hunter #2)

The Immortal Hunter (Argeneau #11) (Argeneau #11)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  12,877 Ratings  ·  322 Reviews
Even vampires need a vacation. But Decker Argeneau's ends abruptly when he's asked to help hunt the group of rogue vampires targeting mortals -- one that might include a defector in his own family. Before he can worry about that, though, he's got to rescue the latest victim. It's all part of the job, including taking a bullet for a beautiful doctor. Dr. Danielle McGill doe ...more
Published March 31st 2009 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Immortal Hunter (Argeneau #11), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Immortal Hunter (Argeneau #11)

Jilly
You all know how much I hate the "Alpha Asshole" man. There is nothing that will get my hackles raised quicker than some AA pushing a girl around "for her own good", or ignoring her when she say's no - but it's okay because "her body betrays her" and she really does want him. This guy, Decker, triggered me faster than a mansplainer.

Yeah, I'm gonna need a gun over here...

Decker treats his life-mate worse than any of the previous vamp guys ever have, and they are all a lot older than him, so he ca
DarienMoya
Apr 12, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010-reads, vampires
^^WILL KEEP COMING BACK FOR MORE!^^

I really do I enjoy this series, it always like a little home coming for me. I know these characters and love them. Moreover, it’s like having vamps in my backyard, all these vampires on the streets of Toronto is never a bad thing. This book is the 2nd in the Rogue Hunter series and the 11th book in the Argeneau series, and why would I stop now.

Anything new and exciting to report not really. It’s the same whole concept, man finds life-mate she is human and onc
Megan
Mar 11, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampire-romance
This is book number 11 in Lyndsay Sand's Argeneau Vampire series. This series does not HAVE to be read in order, however, for this book, I at least recommend reading book #10 (The Rogue Hunter) because it continues some of the plot from that previous book. As for why this book only got 3 stars when Ms. Sands usually writes 4 or 5 star quality books...? There are a few reasons why. First, the book's plot is continued YET again. Yes, there is a satisfactory conclusion with the hero (Decker) and th ...more
CC
Nov 24, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: safe-for-me, pnr, series

This was a good addition to the series. Tons of action and the MCs were likable. I enjoyed it and thought that the suspense part was the best in the series. I was actually nervous and wondering how it would work out. Decker was a good hero and Dani handled the crazy pretty well.

These books are blurring together so I just do not have that much to say about them individually. But I am sticking with the series for now.
Mical
Feb 17, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I first began reading Lynsay Sands' Argeneau vampire series, I was a little put-off by the premise of the vampires. Seriously? Vampires as creations of science from mythical, long-lost Atlantis? C'mon...
But! I must add that once I got past the concept and into the plots themselves, I thoroughly enjoyed each book.
The author has a marvelous way of expressing the heady rush of passion and intensity of emotion that fires the onset of love, or at least lust. This book, introduces some new conce
Aberforth
Apr 06, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, paranormal
Another Yummy book by Lynsay Sands. Unlike some of the other reviews I read about this book - I enjoy the fact that the book didn't wrap up all the plot lines in a neat little bow. It allows a little more complexity to the plot and room for other books to contain ties to previous books. I HATE having to wait until the next book comes out in October - but am anxious to find out what happens with some of the characters we were introduced to in this book.

As with all the books in these series (Arge
Cathy
I still like the series. She has a formula that she uses very effectively. I always like her characters and enjoy the adventure and romance, despite recognizing said formula, the books are consistently enjoyable and I look forward to more in the series. If you like humorous romance novels, you'll like these books.
Louisa
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fantastic book, so enjoyable, and yeah, I wish I was able to read The Renegade Hunter, but I'm loving reading these 3 books back to back, because they are so close time wise and character proximity wise and yeah, it's so great!
78sunny
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4,4 von 5 Sternen
Mir hat dieser Teil wieder sehr gut gefallen. Das Pärchen hat gut zusammengepasst und mich hat die ganze Interaktion zwischen den Beiden und auch zwischen den ganzen anderen sehr unteralten.
Luciens trockene und harte Art fand ich wieder klasse und hab mich gefreut, dass er wieder von der Partie war. Überhaupt mag ich es, dass man immer so viele, aus den anderen Teilen, bereits liebgewonnene Charaktere wieder trifft.
In diesem Band kam ein neuer Aspekt der Vampirwelt hinzu und i
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
The three Council Enforcers - Mortimer, Justin and Decker - are still at Decker's Muskoka cottage after finding the immortal they thought was snacking on mortal's necks in the area, only to find that he isn't responsible for all the snacking. Now they learn that the rogue Nicholas was seen in the area and rush to catch him. Decker and Justin find Nicholas surprisingly quickly: indeed, he's been waiting for them to help him flush out a nest of no-fanger rogues who've captured two human women. Lac ...more
Lover of Romance
After going hunting in search of a rogue vampire, who is also his cousin, Nicholas, one who has been on the run for over fifty years. Now they are following his very obvious trail, which leaves Decker worried. But then when they catch up to him, they join him in hunting down six dangerous vampires who have captured two innocent women, sisters. But after they take down five of them, one of them escapes with the youngest girl, and the one left behind with her rescuers are Decker and Justin. Nichol ...more
Kas
Jan 24, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
This book was a funny installment in the Argeneau series for me. I'm finding some books in this series are really good and some are really bad. This one was the first that was both.

The Immortal Hunter features Decker Argeneau, who is Martine, Jean-Claude's sister's son.

Decker is a rogue hunter for the Council. His current job is to find out who the rogue is that is biting people in a small town in Ontario. The book picks up directly from the last book in that Decker and Justin are on a hunt aft
Cindy
Apr 23, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having various characters do occasionally stupid things just to move the plot forward doesn't do it for me. It also has somewhat of a cliffhanger ending, no doubt to ensure that the reader will buy the next book. I will buy it because yes, I want to know how the story arc works out and because I know how great Lynsay Sands vampire books usually are, but not because of this one.

Argeneau Family
1. A Quick Bite (2005)
2. Love Bites (2004)
3. Single White Vampire (2003)
4. Tall Dark and Hungry (2004)
Ivy Deluca
Feb 15, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe)
I am just in love with the Argeneau Series, there isn't a book in this series that I just don't love. I think it's the humor, along with the passion that gets me. These books always give me a good laugh or two. This one though was different, it wasn't as funny as the others but it still made me smile a lot. And there's a difference with this book as to the other's... but you will have to read it to find out cause I'm not going to tell you and ruin the fun of finding out. Just take my word when I ...more
QiJia 치쟈
I like Decker and Dani 's story better than the previous one But not by much.

Still a cute read though I don't see much gripping moments

*Now they say MH370 is hijacked … *

** OMG the 'bomohs ' with coconuts and ratan basket and umbrella in penguin suit no less! I know it's not right to laugh at people's belief But honestly those four are obviously attention seekers*

***Feeling so embarrassed for being a Malaysian ***
Tilequa
this one took me the longest to read but it was really good to not the best but good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i still dig decker who is sexy and i love how she was not turned vampire by him whick add to the goodness of the story!!!!!!!!1
Amy
Jul 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I truly enjoyed this book. I love Lynsay Sands books. She can draw u right into the story and the characters.
Two characters that were made for each other and love each other with all of their hearts can enjoy a long and happy life together as a couple for eternity.
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
A great second book, a continuation from the first book The Rogue Hunter, which I thoroughly enjoyed. The great thing is that it doesn't have to be read in order to understand the plot, love this series.
TinaNicole ☠ Le Book Nikita ☠
*Originally added August 2011*
Elaine Kirby
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decker Meets His Mate!, June 12, 2017

For some reason Amazon is mixing up my reviews of this series; because I distinctly remember posting the correct review for this book. However, I'm going to do it again (post a review about this book).

Decker Pimms Argeneau is a Enforcer for the Council & while trying to track down a Enforcer who went rogue he comes across his mate. She along with her sister was kidnapped by some rogue vampires.

Dr. Danielle "Dani" McGill & her sister Stephanie were com
Patricia
2.5

As expected this novel didn't convince me either. I'm not saying no one should read the series, but it's not my thing. Of course you could ask my why I'm reading the books, then. Well, for starters, because of a few challenges. But the real reason is: Because I can without paying for the books.

So, this book together with the 10th and 12th belongs to a little spin-off series inside of the Argeneau series, evolving around the Rogue Hunters. This time we also meet No-Fangers and their less luna
Vickylaverne
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lynsay Sands has become one of my favorite authors. I've enjoyed every title that I've read so far. I've read a few out of order and found that I did not need to know the entire back story to enjoy the book, but have started reading from the beginning anyway to put things in perspective. What a world Ms. Sands has created with her Immortals!
Sandra R
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just another fabulous installment in the Argeneau series!! Great writing and entertainment all the way. Loved the 'turn' and hated the no-fangers. Decker and Dani are a cute couple - LOL. A lovely way to spend a rainy afternoon.
Hayley Vomund
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As Always, I Loved It

Ohh man! This one had me on the edge of my seat!!! I'm so anxious to pick up the next book, but I gotta gush just a little more about my love for this one. THERE'S SO MUCH OF IT!! The love is overwhelming.
Carrie Donohue
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
outstanding! read it in one sitting
Clarice
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it
Lori McD
This book was one of the darker ones... it introduces a whole new "monster" and why the rogue hunters are important. Really brings it home. It was a tough book in many ways.
Daelith
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-read
This was more like 1.5 stars. I won't be reading any more of this series. They just don't hold my attention now.
  • Secret Life of a Vampire (Love at Stake, #6)
  • Highland Thirst (MacNachton Vampires, #4)
  • Crouching Vampire, Hidden Fang (Dark Ones #7)
  • Because Your Vampire Said So (Broken Heart #3)
  • I Hunger for You (Primes, #3)
  • You're So Vein (The Others, #14)
  • Just One Bite (Dead End Dating #4)
LYNSAY SANDS is the nationally bestselling author who is known for her hysterical historicals as well as the popular Argeneau/Rogue Hunter vampire series. With her witty and charming personality, Sands describes books as, “Waking dreams or stories, tales to amuse, entertain and distract us from everyday life.” She’s been writing stories since grade school and considers herself incredibly lucky to ...more
More about Lynsay Sands...

Argeneau (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • A Quick Bite (Argeneau #1)
  • Love Bites (Argeneau #2)
  • Single White Vampire (Argeneau #3)
  • Tall, Dark & Hungry (Argeneau #4)
  • A Bite to Remember (Argeneau #5)
  • Bite Me If You Can (Argeneau #6)
  • The Accidental Vampire (Argeneau #7)
  • Vampires are Forever (Argeneau #8)
  • Vampire, Interrupted (Argeneau #9)
  • The Rogue Hunter (Argeneau #10; Rogue Hunter #1)

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
  • How to Love
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
    $7.09 $2.99
“Dani," Decker said firmly. "Trust me, this is not a dream."
"Why is it you men always say trust me before spitting out something completely unpalatable?" she asked, irritation flickering through her. "Vampires aren't supposed to be real. And how come you had to be a cute vampire? You should be a dog. All evil, vile people should look as ugly as they are inside."
"We aren't ev--" Decker halted his denial, and then did something she hadn't yet seen him do and lifted his lips in a very rare-and in her opinion, totally inappropriate-grin as he asked, "You think I'm cute?”
44 likes
“What are you doing here "
"Hiding with you”