Start by marking “The New Teen Titans: The Terror of Trigon” as Want to Read:
The New Teen Titans: The Terror of Trigon

The New Teen Titans: The Terror of Trigon (The New Teen Titans)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  467 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
As a team of super-powered young adult heroes, the Teen Titans live an extraordinary life that balances everyday adolescent ordeals with exciting deadly battles. But in THE NEW TEEN TITANS: THE TERROR OF TRIGON, the group of heroic sidekicks encounters their greatest and most lethal challenge when Raven's father, the demon Trigon, crosses over realities and conquers Earth. ...more
Published June 1st 2003 by DC Comics (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about The New Teen Titans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The New Teen Titans

Jokoloyo
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
At the beginning I was excited with the premise that Trigon was back, and Raven became his adjutant. But then the Trigon back from his isolation and I was disappointed. Trigon is basically no more than a powerful puppet. For example, Starfire could sneaked out behind Trigon's back.

With this continuation arc, I prefer TNTT finished the story up to The First Annual.
Sesana
Jun 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
I read this book at more than a few years ago, armed only with the knowledge of the Titans I'd picked up from the (really, really good) Teen Titans cartoon. As it turned out, that was about all I'd need to follow the story. But now that I've read a fair few of the issues that came before this, I think I have a better understanding of Raven's overall storyarc.

Now that I've read most of the issues of New Teen Titans that preceded this storyline, I can see how this is the natural conclusion of Rave
Dan Schwent
Mar 09, 2009 rated it really liked it
Continuing my comic history course...

Back in the day, The New Teen Titans was DC's top selling book every month. I had a few issues but I was mainly interested in Starfire's rack back then. I thought I'd give it another try 20-something years later.

The Terror of Trigon focuses on Raven, the cloaked Teen Titan empath that's the daughter of a demon. Trigon, her father, unleashes her powers and New York is attacked by a horde of demons and transformed into something like hell. The other Titans are
Robert Wright
Oct 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
There are just certain runs that set the standard for team superhero books.

1970s Avengers
Claremont-Byrne X-men
Morrison's JLA

And Wolfman-Perez on New Teen Titans.

This paperback collects the first few issue of the Baxter paper series (back when decent paper was a novelty for comics) and about 4 years into the creative team's run on the book. This was back when new #1 issues were not yet de rigueur seemingly every few months.

This is a true Wolfman/Perez classic. I've never been a Trigon fan, and th
Sophia
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
A very interesting story that many other issues have been hinting at for a while. I loved the back stories and insights into the characters we view. I have not read all the Titans comics so some of the characters I had never seen before but that didn't hinder me in understanding where the story was going. Overall, a great Teen Titan series and conclusion to a heavily hinted at story.
Christian Zamora-Dahmen
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amazing-comics
People usually say that the best Teen Titan story was Terra's storyarc; well, this one was the best for me. Not only the series had evolved to a point where characters felt real and you couldn't stop rooting for them, it was also George Pérez' swan song to the series. He left behind a void impossible to fill.

Raven played a key role and she was a character that matured very slowly but marked a growth rarely seen in comic book characters during those days. Yeah, it was the mid-80's. Even today, it
Printable Tire
Dec 03, 2010 rated it did not like it
Meh. I guess I don't know/care enough about the Teen Titans for this to mean anything to me... I've always been interested in this time period/incarnation though because I think the art is superb. Trigon is an awesome-looking though totally generic villain and I think it's silly Raven wears high heels, even in demon form. She's an interesting character, but I'm afraid the rest are more or less eye candy (especially that Cyborg... vavavoom! No, seriously, Starbust [sic] has tremendous breasts and ...more
Johanna
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I did, like a lot of other people, first come in contact with Teen Titans when watching the Teen Titans cartoon (which I also highly recommend), and that was when I first fell in love with Raven's character and her Trugon Arc. I then started scavanging the internet for teh Trigon Arc in comic form, which I quickly found. And I'll keep this short; This is it, folks! If you're a huge Raven-nerd this series is, naturally, an essential read! And even if your favorite character is someone else in the ...more
Daniel A.
Marv Wolfman and George Pérez's run on The New Teen Titans has gained a reputation for being the apotheosis of 1980s superhero comics, with storytelling that rivaled Chris Claremont and John Byrne's on The Uncanny X-Men; indeed, many a comics fan has compared them, and the two franchises even teamed up in a large-format special drawn by Walt Simonson. This collection, The New Teen Titans: The Terror of Trigon, is the apotheosis of Wolfman and Pérez's run.

Wolfman began his career as a writer of h
Scott
Nov 09, 2013 rated it liked it
In this collection, the Titans must save Raven's soul from her father, the demon Trigon, and force him to retreat from Earth, which he is gradually transforming.

In its day, this title was the primary market competitor to Marvel's immensely popular X-Men. Unfortunately, I don't think Marv Wolfman's writing holds up nearly as well today as Chris Claremont's does. Despite touching on some mature themes (Raven being the product of a rape, Dick and Kory sleeping together), The New Teen Titans still f
Victor Orozco
Oct 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
WOW!

I have to admit I have read very little on the Teen Titans, having seen them mostly in the Post-Crisis with some distance but a good degree of interest. But with great disdain in the New 52.

Now I'm presented with a true epic story and a really solid interpretation on Raven and the demon Trigon. No surprise why the Titans continue as they are. They are amazing. True heroes no matter at what age, for all that matters is the heart and character of the person that makes a hero.

The writing is aw
Scott Lee
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Teen Titans work. After reading Geoff Johns's work on the title and absolutely loving everything he did (before the one year later re-set that is) I decided I had to check out the Wolfman/Perez run that I'd heard so much about. Grabbing this volume--one of the few my local library has--was part of that effort. Wolfman and Perez are fantastic here. Definitely from the era when Comics were an equally written and illustrated medium as opposed to the current era when the written word takes ...more
Daniel Kukwa
Feb 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
Wow, this takes me back. The Teen Titans was one surprisingly successful title, and that it became one of DC Comics' flagship series in the 1980s says a great deal about the quality Wolfman & Perez put into its development. This graphic novel collects the first half-dozen issues from the re-launched, prestige-format series, and it's a fantastic introduction to the team. It's also a nostalgic trip back in time to a surprisingly dark & adult series that had quite a hold on the comic book u ...more
Aurora
Sep 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is a great story, concisely told, with great character work and the perfect level of angst. Much, much better than The Judas Contract. Great silly art.
Christine
Dec 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
For an 80's comic book, I really really enjoyed this one.
Allen Stucker
Feb 23, 2012 rated it liked it
I give both the art and the story a 3 out of 5. This is a very stereotypical eighties comic. I've always been a fan of the Teen Titans but I don't think this aged as well as some.
Feather Mista
Jul 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Casi todo el mundo.
Recommended to Feather by: Casi todo
Shelves: pospuestos
Creo que leí todos los capítulos salteados en revistitas hace mil, aunque por suerte después conseguí el taco. Por ahora lo marco como leído hasta nuevo aviso.
Juan Jose
  • Batman: Ten Nights of the Beast
  • Robin/Batgirl: Fresh Blood
  • Wonder Woman: The Contest
  • Starman, Vol. 3: A Wicked Inclination
Marvin A. "Marv" Wolfman is an award-winning American comic book writer. He is best known for lengthy runs on The Tomb of Dracula, creating Blade for Marvel Comics, and The New Teen Titans for DC Comics.
More about Marv Wolfman...

The New Teen Titans (9 books)
  • The New Teen Titans Archives, Vol. 1
  • The New Teen Titans Archives, Vol. 2
  • The New Teen Titans Archives, Vol. 3
  • The New Teen Titans Archives, Vol. 4
  • The New Teen Titans: Terra Incognito
  • The New Teen Titans: Who is Donna Troy?
  • The New Teen Titans: The Judas Contract