Start by marking “Civil War: X-Men Universe” as Want to Read:
Civil War: X-Men Universe

Civil War: X-Men Universe

(Civil War (Collected Editions))

Hot on the heels of both smash hits "House of M" and "Son of M," Quicksilver returns. But is he friend or foe? Complicating matters even more, the divisiveness of Civil War has spread to X-Factor. Its Jamies choice that may well decide whether X-Factor stays together or cracks apart. This volume collects "Cable & Deadpool" #30-#32, and "X-Factor" #8-#9. Older teens. ...more
Published May 30th 2007 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Civil War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Civil War

Start your review of Civil War: X-Men Universe
Jeff
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comix
Hey, let’s smoosh two different X-Men related books together and sell it as a Civil War tie-in book. Cha-ching!

The cash grab ploy aside, this is a pretty entertaining collection. You have issues of X-Factor and Cable & Deadpool co-habiting in this volume.

X-Factor or “When Marvel cross over events collide and go boom.”

If anyone can make this crossover madness entertaining it’s Peter David with his trademark low key humor and deft characterization and bonus because it’s all centered on Jamie Madr
Meghan
Deadpool! I had less than zero expectations for Deadpool, but he turned out to be a breath of fresh air in the overwrought Civil War saga. His first-person narration—which is broken, so he's actually just mumbling to himself the entire time—is pointed, metafictional and very, very funny. I don't think I even cared about anything else that was in this collection; all stars are for Deadpool.
Ivy
I would have to say I don't like Deadpool. He seems to betray his friends for money and he seems too weird. What powers does Layla have? I wonder what the ooutcome will be for the Civil War.
Jim C
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
This is one more side companion collection to Marvel's Civil War. This one has two separate parts. We deal with X-Factor and also with Cable and Deadpool.

I have read several of these side companion collections and this one might be my least favorite. Part of that could be my fault as I know nothing about X-Factor so their contribution to this collection did nothing for me. That being said, I felt like the story was a major factor for my disappointment in the story. This story relied heavy on a p
Eli
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: marvel-comics, 2016
I guess to be completely fair, this would be 2.25 stars.

This collects two issues of X-Factor and then three issues of Cable & Deadpool, both of which may make little sense if you don't have extensive knowledge on the less popular X-Men. The X-Factor issues were lacking in plot and clarity, and the art offered no redemption. The Cable & Deadpool issues were slightly fun strictly because of Deadpool. The art was okay, but it was still a poorly conceived plot. This is not what I was looking for in
Jason
Jan 07, 2009 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed some of the unique characters to come out in this installment. That being said, I'm getting a little bored of the Super Hero Registration Act as a means of pitting these characters against one another. I'm going to read one last Civil War GN but will probably move on from this theme after that. The dichotomy worked well for a couple of installments, but got a bit worn out after a while.
C
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Continuing the great X-read of 2017 that has now stretched into 2018...

Okay. So I am way behind on reviewing these x-books that I have been reading. So I am going to just kind of ramble about all of them and copy/paste my thoughts. Which will make for a bit of a mess and I am sorry. Quick ramblings:

Cable and Deadpool continues to be surprisingly good though a little more scattered in these couple of volumes.
X-Men the Blood of Apocalypse was rushed in my opinion...
Phoenix Warsong was pretty decen
Michael
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good stuff. I have zero context for Deadpool and Cable, as this is my first ever series featuring either character, but it was interesting to see how Deadpool fit into the overall Civil War saga. I will say, at this point, as I wind down the Civil War trade paperbacks, they’re really reaching for storylines. I’m almost having trouble finding reason to care, but the humor and illustrations in this particular collection made up for an otherwise “meh” entry in the series.
Scott Thompson
Sep 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Cable & Deadpool were great. X-Factor bored me to tears. ...more
Arturo
Iv become a fan of Peter David's X-Factor. From his run on the original X-Factor series and even more of a fan of Madrox, starting with ''Madrox:Multiple Issues" and this X-Factor series. It does a great job going for the noir feel. And here the series gets even better. The character of Jamie Madrox has gotten so great, that when he stands up against Cyclops, I get more of the feeling of what Civil War is capable of doing to everyone. With issues that are rightly justified on both sides. (and y ...more
Adriana
I give it 3.5 stars mostly because the title of this book is very misleading and i didn't like a third of it.
Only the first third deals X-force with an appearance by the X-men and it’s more related to M-Day than to the Civil War. There’s some talk about the Registration Act, but the big deal is made about Decimation Day. It’s rushed and disconnected and it deals with characters a casual reader will have almost no knowledge of. My review would be a lot lower if it weren’t for the last part of th
Steven Shinder
Aug 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Though I knew about Multiple Man thanks to X-Men: The Last Stand, this comic was my introduction to the X-Factor, a mutant detective agency in District X, also known as Mutant Town. One of the mutants, Layla, is very interesting; she knows about future events and humurously references Atlas Shrugged, a book she is seen reading. Quicksilver and the X-Men also make appearances amid the conflict caused by the Superhuman Registration Act. Meanwhile, Deadpool and Cable find themselves against each ot ...more
Dawn Livingston
May 11, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I used to collect X-Men back in the 80's and early 90's when there was just one X-Men title. I started collecting a little after Kitty Pryde joined the team. I stopped when they started introducing multiple X-Men titles and things got a little too confusing and the stories were lousy. I also collected New Mutants, Excalibur, some West Coast Avengers.

I found out my library had lots of X-Men graphic novels so I decided to see if I could find anything that would make me want to start collecting X-M
Matthew Collins
Dec 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
As some other reviews have said, all these four stars go directly to Deadpool. The beginning of the volume is somewhat boring. I lack interest in many of the mutants from X-Factor (and the ones I do find interesting didn't do ANYTHING in this one, i.e. Layla), and frankly, they didn't make any of the political issues interesting until Deadpool came in. Once Deadpool enters though the comic is clever, entertaining, and a lot of fun. So if you enjoy Deadpool (or have not read too much of him), fee ...more
Dusty Henry
Mar 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Would have scored this higher if it had been an entirely Deadpool focused book. His section (which is over half of the book) is excellent. However, the entire X-Force section was hard to get through. If you're not entirely aware of events happening pre-Civil War (like me) it leaves you pretty much out in the cold as to what the heck is going on. It makes a lot of assumptions and the characters aren't very likeable. Deadpool's biting humor and commentary is a welcome relief. It's still curious th ...more
Hrishi
Mar 23, 2015 rated it liked it
I haven't laughed this hard while reading a comic book in ages. Deadpool is amazingly funny - much funnier here than he was during the House of M event. Some great one liners here.

This book would've scored 5 stars if all it had was Deadpool.

Alas, there is also the abysmally pointless (and unrelated) story from the pages of X-Factor which is just utterly bad! 5 stars for Deadpool, and no stars for the crapfest that is X-Factor? Sure...
Annette Jordan
Reading this as a Civil War tie in so I haven't read about the events coming up to this
X Factor- the artwork is dated and clunky looking
Time for the comic relief when Deadpool decides to become a bounty hunter rounding up unregistered super heroes and in keeping with the Civil War theme, his pal Cable is trying to help the rebels which can only lead to one thing -conflict. The Deadpool story is worth the 3 stars, the x factor one.
Zachary
Aug 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Having been disappointed by another X-Men Civil War book, I was not expecting much from this one. I was very happily surprised and ended up thoroughly enjoying it! I have to say though that is wasn't the X-Men who "saved the day" as far as my enjoyment goes, but the Deadpool/Cable escapades that were quite exciting and kept pushing me to read on.
Shannon Appelcline
The X-Factor story is good, but there's enough ongoing plot for this snippet to be confusing in this context [6]. I find Deadpool grating, though this Cable & Deadpool snippet shows off Nicieza's strength in character stories [6].

Overall, this volume felt like a waste, as the stories each work better in the context of their individual series.
Mitchell
A grab bag of Marvel Civil War stories. X-Factor was okay but Cable and Deadpool were pretty much as bad as they usually are. Actually that's unfair - Cable was better than usual as was Deadpool. Which makes them annoying and unenjoyable. This particular batch of X-Factors I don't particularly know - Layla was pretty interesting though. Not bad, but definitely skippable.
Sylvester Kuo
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Cable tries to reason with the president about the danger of Superhuman Registration Act, Deadpool was the enforcer of the Act. X-factor chooses their side in the war.

Cable was pretty based as he confronted the president, he delivered a good little analogy of 1984, X-factor issue 8 was particularly fun as we see Layla talk about Objectivism. Peter David has done well in taking a stand.
Nate
Jul 07, 2008 rated it it was ok
Quicksilver is a fun character and I love that he moves too quickly to appear in most of the first issue (I'm not sure why I like that running joke as much as I do) but is only in two of the five issues contained within. Cable & Deadpool, the focus of the last three issues aren't worth the effort. ...more
Chloe
May 13, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: not-owned, comics
The Deadpool/Cable team-up did what I had long considered impossible and actually made me kind of like his character. I can't really comment on the X-Factor issues collected herein because there's just so much backstory that I have missed out on.
Holden Attradies
Cool collection of civil war tie in's but my gut reaction is I would enjoy them more within their perspective series. I kind of felt like I had little Idea what was going on with these characters or events and felt pretty lost.
Jay Gray
Jul 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I would have given this book a five star rating, but it gets a four instead because the X-Factor issues are awful. You might as well skip them and just read the Cable and Deadpool issues. They tie more to the overall Civil War story, and have a lot of classic Deadpool humor fun.
Ryan Powell
Mar 20, 2008 rated it it was ok
I really despise Civil War. This gets an extra star because it has the X Men, and bad X men stories are like bad pizza and bad sex - they are still decent.
Rachel
Aug 31, 2013 rated it liked it
I loved loved loved the Cable/Deadpool issues; the X-Factors were not my thing.
Matt
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love Deadpool. Enough said. Read this comic.
Marion
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comic-book, 2015
Best thing about this one: the cover. And Deadpool.
Jaime

• Civil War: Thunderbolts
  • Civil War: Front Line
  • Civil War: Front Line, Vol. 1
aka David Peters

Peter Allen David (often abbreviated PAD) is an American writer, best known for his work in comic books and Star Trek novels. David often jokingly describes his occupation as "Writer of Stuff". David is noted for his prolific writing, characterized by its mingling of real world issues with humor and references to popular culture. He also uses metafiction frequently, usually to hum

Civil War (Collected Editions) (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • The Road to Civil War