Start by marking “Vampire Taxonomy: Identifying and Interacting with the Modern-Day Bloodsucker” as Want to Read:
Vampire Taxonomy: Identifying and Interacting with the Modern-Day Bloodsucker

Vampire Taxonomy: Identifying and Interacting with the Modern-Day Bloodsucker

3.29  ·  Rating details ·  55 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Now that millions have read and seen Twilight, where do they turn for vampire advice? This wry, witty, fully illustrated, and bloody essential guide.

Vampires are all around-books, movies, TV, comics- infiltrating our culture like never before. But what happens if one should run into a real vamp on the street? Vampire Taxonomy is the best defense against a fatal encounter
Published November 3rd 2009 by TarcherPerigee (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Taxonomy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire Taxonomy

Shesten
Oct 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, paperback
Precis: Vampire Taxonomy was written to give us a practical, useful guide to vampires. With all of the different bloodlines thanks to the different evolutions of different sires, it became necessary for someone to compile a comprehensive guide for those of us with heartbeats. Woerner has done just that. She presents us with physical identifiers, physical features, attire, habitat, unseen abilities, behavior, and what to do if approached for the different types of vampire: Romantic (think Edward, ...more
Bissfan
Jan 01, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Bissfan by: Shiku
Die rasante Verbreitung von Vampiren ist geradezu erschreckend: Bücher, TV-Serien, Filme, Comics … Die Kinder der Nacht sind längst nicht mehr wegzudenken, von den meisten werden sie aber kaum als blutsaugende Ungeheuer wahrgenommen, sondern als attraktive, unglaublich romantische Wesen, die vor allem eines sind: begehrenswert.
Dem kann Meredith Woerner nicht zustimmen und so warnt sie in ihrem Buch vor den Blutsaugern, klärt über die verschiedenen Arten auf und gibt Tipps, wie man sich die Vampi
Donna
Dec 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing
What made this book stand out for me against all the other vampire guides out there was the fact that Meredith Woerner is a Lost Boys fan. Hello! When her publicist sent me Meredith's author blurb I pretty much went, "send me nao." Must read. I was hesitant, however, because of the mention of Twilight on the back of the book. But lo, how happy I would become as I actually cracked the book to read.

First and foremost, what I especially liked was how all the different vampire movies and books were
Marie
Jul 27, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: vampires
I started this book hoping it would be the vampire equivalent of Max Brooks' Zombie Survival Guide, which I suppose is what it was trying to be. Vampire Taxonomy, like Brooks' Guide, assumes that its subjects are truly real. However, it reads like a fast, poorly written overview of fictional vampires, presented almost as though their respective books, movies, and tv shows were a type of documentary instead of works of fiction. When confronted by the differences in vampire myths across these work ...more
Sara Thompson
Jun 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Written like a science book, Vampire Taxonomy defines the various vampires from pop culture. Meredith Woerner takes examples from the more popular vampire stories/movies and some lesser known to create a how-to sort of book.

She breaks down the vampires into five categories – Romantic Vampire, Villainous Vampire, Tragic Vampire, Halfsies, and Child Vampire. Each category offers information on how the vampire looks, their preferred habitat and a variety of other factors.

Written tongue in cheek, th
Meaghan
Jun 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
A tongue-and-cheek analysis and categorization of the different vampires depicted in literature and film. I'm actually not terribly interested in vampires, and I have vowed to never, never, never read any of the Twilight books or watch any of the movies, but I found this book to be quite informative and amusing. People who liked The Zombie Survival Guide will like this.
Jessica
May 21, 2010 rated it it was ok
I was really excited when I picked up this book. Flipping through the pages, it looked like it was going to be the vampire parallel to the Zombie Survival Guide. Sadly, it was not. Unlike Zombie Survival Guide, this book gave credence to the movie/ book pop culture about vampires so it was more a regurgitation of the information found in many movies, TV shows and books. For shame! I was disappointed. I really was.
Americanogig
Jul 02, 2010 rated it liked it
Pretty trivial but pretty fun at the same time. A small tome about pop culture vampires (actually introduced me to Del Toro's recent Strain series)and the categories each falls into. Humor mixed with legend - a cute read.
TammyJo Eckhart
Jan 10, 2011 rated it liked it
You can see a fuller review on Amazon.com but in general I felt this book was attempting to do too many things in the number of pages she had.
Linda
Apr 13, 2010 rated it liked it
Cute. Fun. Gave me a bunch of vampire books and movies to check out.
Bernard Baker
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is book is very funny. It is worth the price to know how to handle yourself around the undead.
Raven
Mar 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Loads of fun :) I even pegged people I know into vampire categories.
Sean