Start by marking “Manual of the Warrior of Light” as Want to Read:
Manual of the Warrior of Light

Read Book* *Different edition

Manual of the Warrior of Light

3.70  ·  Rating details ·  30,525 ratings  ·  1,527 reviews
Within each of us is a warrior of light. Each of us capable of listening to the silence of the heart, of accepting failure without letting it get us down and of holding onto hope even in the face of weariness and depression. Values like love for all things, discipline, friendship and learning to listen to our own hearts are the arms with which this warrior confronts the ba ...more
Published July 3rd 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published 1997)

·  30,525 ratings  ·  1,527 reviews

Start your review of Manual of the Warrior of Light
Ahmad Sharabiani
Manual do Guerreiro da Luz = Warrior of the Light, Paulo Coelho

Originally published: 1997
Warrior of the Light is a collection of texts that, for the first time, are gathered from the internet writings of Paulo Coelho. In his inimitable style, Paulo Coelho helps us to discover the warrior of the light within each of us. In these volumes readers are invited to travel through the life and imagination of a pilgrim writer.

عنوانها: رساله دلاور اشراق؛ سلحشور نور؛ رساله دلاور نور؛ نویسنده: پائولو کوئیل
Kinga
Jun 14, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pub-1997
I remember I used to date a boy who, knowing my almost legendary loathing of Coelho, bought me this book as a joke. I honestly can't believe this was published. It doesn't even make sense!

Each time he came over I would greet him with a quote from the book and we would meditate over it for a bit.

- This was another installment of Men&Books in my life. I will write a proper memoir with this theme one day.
Zibbo
Jan 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a book full of proverbs, words of encouragement and wisdom, filled with so much realization on life. As you go along reading each page, you would realize that you can relate to what the author is sharing to us, that in each one of us there is a warrior of light, hiding beneath our folds of fear, doubts and loneliness. We are a Warrior of Light, whether we believe in it at first or not, because we are servants of the longingness to find our dreams, to conquer our fears and live life with p ...more
Jonathan
Jan 05, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
"A Warrior of Light values a child's eyes because they are able to look at the world without bitterness. When he wants to find out if the person beside him is worthy of his trust, he tries to see him as a child would."

I mean, totally. Little kids are so great a spotting immediately if an adult is trustworthy or not. That is why paedophiles have such an impossible task.

"“A warrior cannot lower his head - otherwise he loses sight of the horizon of his dreams.”

- warrior steps in dog shit -

"“T
Kasp74
Sep 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
I am now reading this book for the third time. With each reading I underline and highlight something newly discovered that connects and validates my current experience and understanding. Why this book is fascinatingly useful to me is, its a compilation of seeds that grow when watered by my personal experience and meditative thought. In and of itself, it does not do the dirty work or heavy lifting for you, as many other books intend to do. This book is not entertaining you. It waits for you to mi ...more
Meliana
if other readers choose "rich dad poor dad" or "the secret" as their book bible, i prefer to drift away with "the warrior of light"

paulo coelho writes the philosophy of warrior of light for the ones who appreciate the miracle of being alive and to guide each soul to embark to their own destiny.

quoted these from paulo's blog:

The Warrior possesses the art of the blow and the art of pardon. He knows how to use both with equal skill.

The Warrior of Light listens to Lao Tzu when he says that we must d
Krystal
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Re-read 07/19:

I love this book. It's the perfect little book to flick through when you need inspiration. You gotta have an open mind and some of the interpretations can be a little strange but if you are looking for inspiration this is a great place to start.

It's a gentle reminder to trust your own morals and instincts and pay attention to the world around you.

Love it.

Original Review:

Great little guide for the spiritually-minded, this is simply written yet profound. Taken literally it wi
Jodi
Jul 19, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like pop psychology self help crap
Shelves: selfhelp, fiction
This was a book club choice and chosen mainly because we were looking for a book in Spanish that would be a fairly easy read. I thought the overarching story of the boy on the beach was worthless and the "advice" on being a warrior of the light was contradictory and simplistic. If vaguely spiritualistic babble really motivates you - this is your book.
Julie
Sep 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was very inspiring to me. It was the right book at the right time. And with being a psychotherapist I have often had very similar thoughts as Paulo Coelho when I work with people, helping them through their pain and suffering. The book is beautifully written and full of symbolism. The Warrior of light served as metaphor for those who serve God and are not perfect, but human striving toward God's light.

Thought I would include some quotes below from Paulo Coelho's book.
"Like the fighte
Kat Kiddles
“As I finish reading the prologue, it strikes me that we spend an incredible amount of time and effort fighting to achieve. We determine what is to be done, and plow through all the divine messages that cross our paths in the name of our objectives. Perhaps it’s only after we’ve fought for long enough, lost a sufficient amount of blood in our self-imposed battles and come to terms with our permanent scars that we finally give in just enough to actually realize what’s around us.

“The pandemonium o
Azza
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
This is the one book I want to read again and again and again. This is the one book I want to keep in my bag when I go out and beside my bed when I go to sleep. This is the one book I want to open at a random page to see how I should respond to a certain situation.

This is a book full of pure kindness.

This is MY book.
Ladygorekitten
Nov 04, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The more Coelho tries to be inspirational, the more he lacks.

Ah, I was a huge fan of this book when I read it and I was possibly 13. Now I look back to it, I only can say that it was a book version of being drama queen. There is no drama at all,in the boook. But, the system of thought is the same as drama queens that tries to make all the problems bigger than they actually are and then start to fight with imaginational enemies.

No, Coelho. Not this. Advicing people to be strong in the way of batt
⊱ Poppy ⊰
A Book Of Great Wisdom.

“behind the mask of ice that people wear, there beats a heart of fire.”

“The only trap I must beware not to fall into, is to think that each day is the same as the next. In fact, each morning brings with it a hidden miracle, and we must pay attention to this miracle.”

“From the moment we are born, people tell us that the world is like this and like that, this way, that way. It is natural that - for a certain period of time - we end up believi
Brady
Sep 08, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008
The Alchemist was great, so naturally I went out and bought 2 more Coelho books. The Valkeries was not very good and gives a lot of insight into Paulo himself (not impressed). Then I started to read Warrior of Light and truly believe that Paulo totally misses the boat on what it means to be a Warrior of Light. Suprisingly for someone who writes metaphysical books, he can't see around his own ego long enough to put anything of value on the page. This did it for me, as far as I am concerned read t ...more
Klinta
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book is a big metaphor and, I think, people see in it what they choose to see. Seeing who they would want to be - a better version of themselves. I like that quite a bit.

I read this book some years ago for the first time and didn’t understand it entirely, I still don’t, but this time I also got annoyed. I was annoyed at how many biblical, faith and God references there were. They do nothing for me and the book is packed with them, so you can calculate the effect this book had on me.

There a
Noha mohamed
May 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

A man only has a soul to be won or lost; apart from his
life, he has nothing.
Past or future lives do not matter - at the moment
you are living this one, and you should do so with silent comprehension,
joy and enthusiasm. What you must not lose is your enthusiasm. " paulo coelho "
-you do not have a woman whom you love; the woman is not yours. What is yours is
the energy of love, which you aim at her.
_
_
_كان كونفوشيوس يسافر مع تلاميذه و عندما سمع بأن صبي ذكي جدا
يعيش في قرية مجاورة. ذهب كونفوشيوس لل
Anna-maria Frastali
I know that many many people won't like this review, but I have to be honest. From a litterary point of view P.Coelho's writing really simple, nothing special in it, there are not engaging images or words. Since this is not supposed to be a novel but a manual in a more philosophical way (!), this Warrior's of the Light philosophy is really plain. I feel that Coelho just wanted to add everything he could in order to attract more readers. It is mostly a book for people who feel that they don't hav ...more
Rosie Nguyễn
Jul 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
There are books that come to us at the right time, either we seek for them, or they come by chance, playing as saviors. I searched for this book and it was exactly what I wanted. Soothing my pain with the beautiful words, releasing my pressure with understanding expression, encouraging me with the simple rules. I found again the reasons for me to be a warrior of light, to choose this painful yet rewarding path. Keep moving forward, I whispered to myself.
rochdi rais
a quick read of what i'd like to call " a wisdom reminder "
Patrick
Feb 27, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
An attempt to mimic the art of war. Coehlo shows throughout this book that he believes that his idea of a happy lifestyle is the only way anyone can be happy. Its high headed tone of what balance is and how to approach morality is clumsy and occasionally contradictory. I'm halfway through this book and it is going to take a miracle to change my opinion. This is the fourth Paulo Coehlo book I have read. I am now eating my way through these novels just to clear space on my bookshelf.

One aspect I u
haneen
Feb 23, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was very short and I finished it all in one sitting, but it felt like a warm hug. I was very sad the day I read this, and it made me feel so much better. Coelho speaks about faith in such a lovely way in every book that I've read of his. Also, when I had twitter, I sent out a tweet that said "I finished another book today and I just want to give Paulo Coelho (my Brazilian grandpa) the biggest hug, I love that man so much" AND HE FAVORITED THE TWEET. So I am now officially his grand-dau ...more
Kelechi
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I am disappointed in this book. It felt rushed and incoherent.
I have friends who frown upon my fondness for books by Coelho, but in this instance, I have to agree.
There is no need to force depth and enlightenment, in this book it felt like he was really forcing it. Didn't enjoy it. Certain passages were cool but very few.
Read it if you want to say you've read all his books, but also be prepared to say you could've used your time more productively.
Roger S. Pressman
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a jewel for all of us who look for meaning in our daily lives as we struggle along the spiritual path. Within each of us is a Warrior of Light. Each of us capable of listening to the silence of the heart, of accepting failure without letting it get us down and of holding onto hope even in the face of weariness and depression. Values like love for all things, discipline, friendship and learning to listen to our own hearts are the arms with which this warrior confronts the battles we ...more
Jacqui Helms
Oct 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Paulo Coelho is an author that I can't help but love. His books all reflect his philosophical and deep thinking within the plot of the story. This book is different because there is no story or main character, instead this book is a manual to living positively like the main character Santiago from "The Alchemist." This manual is a way for people to live positively and can be used as a guide to incorporate alchemy into everyday life. Warrior of the Light also opens your eyes to reflecting on your ...more
 Qurban
Mar 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nadia
Recommended to Qurban by: Goodreads
Paulo coelho seems not belong to any particular region or people.His vision and views seems very relevant to all people of all areas.The book contains inspiring ideas which must be very attractive for the young lot and it can change the attitude and outlook of the reader.The style of the book is very simple and easy to read .
Yomna hosny
Mar 25, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own-a-copy
Out of all of Paulo Coelho's books, this one is definitely the most new agey..
Sandra Miksa
There's something about Coelho writing style and subject matter that does not 'speak' to me as I think he intends to do for his audience. I will admit this was simple and quick to read and has good messages "reminders" for readers to lead life with as a better version of themselves. Irregardless, this is the second book of his I have read and found myself not impressed, and doubly not impressed with all the hype surrounding him. Perhaps it is a translation issue or it is just too simpleoid for m ...more
Rebekka Steg
Inspiring! Everyone should read this book!
Though Warrior of the Light: A Manual, by Paulo Coelho, is very different to many of his other works, it is no less inspiring nor any less thought provoking.
This collection of short notes, thoughts, ideas and inspirations, should not be read all at once, but rather read and savoured over the course of several days or even weeks, in order to fully take in and reflect on everything that is written.
Since we are all in different places in life, have reached
Esmeralda Plangesis
Apr 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone in search of enlightenment along the path of life...
Recommended to Esmeralda by: No-one...
"The warrior of light is a believer." I agree with Paulo Coelho that only believers in life (irrespective of chosen religious faith-my emphasis),can expect miracles to happen...

"You do not need to be perfect. you do not need infinite wisdom, patience or humility. You do not need to be a saint. You only have to want to live a life that's full and true. To rise up, to greet your own unique destiny...

Alternatively, you can spend all your time wandering around in the dark forest of life, thrashing
Arthi
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Paulo Coelho
This wonderful soul has a knack for giving me the words in a timely manner to comfort me, this helps me pause, lick and heal my wounds.
The Alchemist was one such book I stumbled upon that was with me wherever I went, read and re-read multiple times. The book is and always my friend, close, whispering to my heart and providing the much needed warmth.

The same can be said of this book.
Am sure, I would be carrying this around too, reading and re-reading it, making notes, scribbling emoti
Warrior of the Light: A Manual is online for free! 1 86 Oct 02, 2008 11:54PM

• Cracking The Code: My Journey To Bollywood
  • Pensar bien, sentirse bien
  • The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
  • Enamórate Bien
  • The Secret (The Secret, #1)
  • The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
  • The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About Fulfilling Your Dreams and Reaching Your Destiny
  • The Prophet
  • One
  • The Little Prince
  • Deshojando Margarita
The Brazilian author PAULO COELHO was born in 1947 in the city of Rio de Janeiro. Before dedicating his life completely to literature, he worked as theatre director and actor, lyricist and journalist. In 1986, PAULO COELHO did the pilgrimage to Saint James of Compostella, an experience later to be documented in his book The Pilgrimage. In the following year, COELHO published The Alchemist. Slow in ...more