Start by marking “Prayer Shield: How To Intercede for Pastors, Christian Leaders and Others On the Spiritual Frontlines” as Want to Read:

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  115 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Right now, someone you know is in desperate need of your prayers. It's the person out on the front line, leading God's army into the world to proclaim His good news. Pastors, teachers, and all types of leaders are under severe attack from the enemy. And they're depending on the prayers of those who care to help see them through. The enemy knows where our leaders are vulner ...more
Published November 10th 1994 by Regal (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Prayer Shield, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prayer Shield

Sue
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anyone who is in a leadership position of ministry is going to have to deal with attacks by the enemy against them and the ministry. Therefore, it is important to have people standing with you to intercede on your behalf. This book lays out the reasoning for such prayer coverage and the various categories of coverage. It then goes on with practical aspects of how to select trustworthy individuals, communicate, and deal with issues that arise.
This book was recommended to me by a friend who know
Jacob Aitken
Wagner, C. Peter. [I]Prayer Shield: How to Intercede for Pastors, Christian Leaders, and Others on the Spiritual Frontlines[/I]. Ventura, CA: Regal Books, 1992.

Overview: Wagner sets the need for intercessory prayer

Main points:

The Law of the Vital Few and the Trivial Many (39ff). This is also known as the 20/80 ratio. The “vital few” in prayer are the ones who have “the gift of intercession” (41). Wagner lists 27 gifts. To be fair, other scholars have made similar claims. Wagner also advances a r
Ronni Hall
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
There is a newer version than this shows, but this book is amazing. I found myself stunned that he was saying exactly what God had shown me for years... finally. I am reading it again. In fact, I had my pastor read it as well and he was in total agreement from his standpoint... he NEEDS this... and more of us need to be this to our leaders. Fantastic, biblical and insightful book.
Stacey Britton
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-on-prayer
My first comment: 'Wow! I wish everyone I know could read this book!'
Samantha
Apr 29, 2008 rated it liked it
I just finished reading this book. Even though it was geared towards pastors and leaders to read, I enjoyed it and learned a little about interceding and some new things about myself... which is always a good thing.
Dan Griffiths
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
wow, teaching about importance of praying for our leaders
Yuna Sanli
Sep 24, 2008 rated it really liked it
Membuka rahasia doa
Hall David
Jun 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reference
This book served our church very well. I used this book along with one by John Maxwell as I led a group of Pastor's Prayer Partners in a large church.
David Wentz
Dec 31, 2014
trisha
Mar 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Possessing the Gates of the Enemy: An Intercessionary Prayer Manual
  • The Worship Warrior
  • Becoming a Prayer Warrior: A Guide to Effective and Powerful Prayer
  • Don't Just Stand There, Pray Something: The Incredible Power of Intercessory Prayer
  • With Christ in the School of Prayer
  • Shaping History Through Prayer and Fasting
  • Lord, Is It Warfare? Teach Me to Stand: A Devotional Study on Spiritual Victory
  • What Happens When Women Pray