Start by marking “Pure Dead Wicked Pure Dead Wicked Pure Dead Wicked” as Want to Read:
Pure Dead Wicked Pure Dead Wicked Pure Dead Wicked

Pure Dead Wicked Pure Dead Wicked Pure Dead Wicked (Pure Dead #2)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  764 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Just when the Strega-Borgias think it's safe to relax in their ancestral castle . . . it isn't.
First their roof collapses, forcing them into the AuchenlochtermuchtyArms-the only local hotel that will accomodate three mythical beasts and one crocodile. Then Titus accidentally creates 500 tiny naked pink clones. And 500 tiny naked pink clones are not easy to manage. But no
Published August 13th 2002 by Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2002)

Be the first to ask a question about Pure Dead Wicked Pure Dead Wicked Pure Dead Wicked

Courtney
I read this in Middle School. I think I still have it at home in storage! I remember there was something about French Fries being crunchy on the outside but soft on the inside, which is the perfect french fry. But that might not be this series...
Marike
Pure dead wicked by Debi Gliori

Pure fun. Probably aimed at about 10-year olds – and those older who can enjoy the light touch. It is the second one in a series, but each can be read separately. The stories concern a very eccentric Strega-Borgia family, living in an ancient run-down castle StregaSchloss in Scotland. In this adventure the family home is threatened by demolition. The roof is collapsing. The family moves into the local hotel over Christmas time while repairs are to be done. Unfortun
Anneliese
Sep 09, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first of 6 books which are great.
They combine the idea of magic and technology (try shrinking you baby sister and then losing her on the internet) in a really interesting and strange way. They feature an Italian family living in their ancestral home in Scotland, the mother aspiring to be a witch (yet failing spectacularly in later books), the father trying to establish some normality in his life (despite having being kidnapped by his half-brother, a mafia don).

However the children (T
stephanie
just when the Strega-Borgia think its safe to relax in their ancestral castle.... it isn't. first their roof collapses, forcing them into the Auchenlochtermunchty Arms- the local hotel that will accommodate three mystical beasts and a crocodile. then Titus accidentally creates five hundred tiny naked pink clones. but thats not all. There are also a few evil contractors plotting to destroy their home. Perhaps the miniature kilted warriors arising from the spilled magic potion can help....
i really
Liz
Apr 05, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, 2009, 2010
This was definitely my favourite out of the Strega-Borgia books. To cut a long story short, the roof of old the ancestral home begins to leak, forcing the Strega-Borgias to move out into a hotel in the nearby village of Auchenlochtermuchty (I think that's how you spell it) at great expense, while the roof gets repaired by a rather dodgy building company. Meanwhile, Titus and Pandora try to create their own clones.

Absolute mayhem ensues, and quite a few people get eaten.

My favourite scene in the
Mia
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was hilarious and actually had me laughing out loud. The plot was gripping the whole way through and there were so many twists and turns in the book. It definitely isn't a sequel to Pure Dead Magic, so you don't have to read it before reading this book.

I would recommend it to people of any age, but is aimed at younger people (7-9 year olds). However anyone can enjoy it, even if it is just a simple read during a slump.
Miss Clark
A delightful, comical follow-up to Pure Dead Magic Between 500 miniature pink clones, an evil real estate developer stealthily destroying their home, and sundry other inconveniences, the Strega-Borgias are muddling on with the help of Flora, right up until the surprise in store for Titus at the end when he receives a letter informing him that he has inherited his grandfather's fortune, setting him at odds with Pandora.
Tegan
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great little book even though i am not the intended audience i could still appreciate that it was a great read. It had drama family mythical creatures everything a child could want in a story. I found myself loving the characters especially the kids as i could relate to the siblings bickering with one another and having younger siblings than myself. IT was well written for a children's book and had great detail i could picture everything i was reading in my mind.
The Flooze
Another wacky and wonderful adventure with the Strega-Borgias. Running afoul of some nasty, greedy contractors and developers, the family holes up in the local hotel.

But being away from home doesn't prevent children, parents and beasties from getting into all sorts of trouble.

Gliori's writing is whimsical and her characters are lovable and strange. Pure Dead Wicked is a quick read, but a thoroughly amusing one.
Christy
May 13, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: corben
-1 star for language, -1 star for nudity

This would have made it to 3 stars accept for the unnecessary additions of language and the unfortunate descriptions of the nude mini pink clones.

This series is written in a funny candor and we enjoyed the first book. This one was odd.
Cindy
Jan 05, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is a young adult audio and it was weird. Maybe it would've been better to read the book, but I couldn't wait until it was over. The content was similar to Harry Potter - magical etc. but I just couldn't get into it.
Karla
Aug 20, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
I thought the vegetarian carnavore part (a stay-over from the first book) was pretty funny, but the book kind of lost me as far as interest goes. Some weird parts. Don't plan to read the next 4 books in the series.
Linda
Nov 23, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is one of 2 Pure Dead books on tape that I got at a library sale. Pleasant to listen to in the car. If I didn't have so many other things to read and listen to, I would possibly check out the rest of the series.
Ciara Lyons
the cover of the book is VELVET! for that reason alone I read it and enjoyed it at the time
Amber
Aug 17, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
These books are cute children's novels.

I love kid's books. I read a lot of them. Expect to see more of them here. :)
Lesley
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Re-visiting the whole series, since I haven't read it in years. Not quite as good as I remember, but still good.
Geri
Jun 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
I love this series!
Angel Zheng
This book was kind of boring at the beginning, but it got more interesting towards the middle...
Hannah Smith
Sep 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As with the first and third of the series (Pure Dead Magic & Brilliant respectively) I enjoyed this read a lot as a kid and still do now.
Charlotte Bird
funny for a kids book. recommend for a light one day read!
Brett
Dec 22, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juvenile-fantasy
Sly, clever, a little gross, & hilarious.
Sonja
Jan 29, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was every bit as funny as the first one. The only strange part was the dragon that thought it was a boy and it turned out to be a girl.
PWRL
Sep 30, 2011 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-new
SM
Alex
Dec 07, 2008 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
can't wait to finish reading and get the other books!!!
Ashley
Jan 21, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
just dont waste your time with it. its not worth it...
Lisa
I listened to this on a family vacation and had to abandon it. It seemed random and dull.
Keri
Jul 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
witty series for kids
La La
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just found out there are now three more Pure Dead books!! My son is 21 now, but I am going to buy them, read them for myself, and then save them for the grandchildren!!
Celine
Aug 29, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children, fantasy
Loved it.
C. Maria
Nice story, I think I would have enjoyed it much if I was younger.
What's The Name o...: SOLVED. Children's-YA // Pure Dead series book #2 [s] 5 224 Apr 23, 2015 05:48PM
  • Escape from Castle Cant
  • Tobias e o Anjo
  • The Wizard's Castle (Circle of Magic # 5)
  • Shadows in the Starlight (Changeling #2)
  • Bloody Scotland (Horrible Histories Special)
  • Uma Aventura no Caminho do Javali
  • The Sword in the Grotto (Araminta Spookie, #2)
  • From E to You
  • The Haunting of Granite Falls
  • Un bon petit diable
  • Shadow Spell (Seven Sorcerers #2)
  • Young Knights Of The Round Table (Young Knights Trilogy, #1)
  • The Wooden Mile (Something Wickedly Weird #1)
  • The Sands of Time (The Hermux Tantamoq Adventures, #2)
Debi Gliori (born 1959) is a Scottish author and illustrator of children's books.
She grew up as an only child in Glasgow, and when young began drawing and writing stories. She started writing children's books in 1976, and attended art school in Edinburgh from 1979 to 1984. She then received a travelling scholarship award to go to Milan, and worked as a freelance from 1984 onwards.
She is the author
More about Debi Gliori...

Pure Dead (6 books)
  • Pure Dead Magic (Pure Dead #1)
  • Pure Dead Brilliant (Pure Dead #3)
  • Pure Dead Trouble (Pure Dead #4)
  • Pure Dead Batty (Pure Dead #5)
  • Pure Dead Frozen (Pure Dead #6)