Start by marking “Mounting Fears (Will Lee, #7)” as Want to Read:
Mounting Fears (Will Lee, #7)

Mounting Fears

(Will Lee #7)

Unabridged CDs • 7 CDs, 9 hours

Another page-turning Holly Barker novel from the perennially entertaining Stuart Woods.
Audio CD, 1 page
Published January 13th 2009 by Penguin Audio (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Mounting Fears, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mounting Fears

Start your review of Mounting Fears (Will Lee, #7)
Keith
Aug 03, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As the book jacket says: “President Will Lee is having a rough week.” It also appears he’s having a rough year or maybe even a rough administration. Although the prez seems like a really nice guy; honest, trustworthy and a man of his word, almost everyone around him seems to be lying, double dealing or covering something up. Luckily for the country, Lee is smart enough to keep all the balls in the air and keep the scandals from bringing down his administration. Although this is the first of Wood ...more
Lynn
Jan 10, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: checked-out
This is a really stupid book! I'm done reading Stuart Woods. The last several ones I've read have been awful. The only ones I've really liked have been THE CHIEF and a few of the books about the woman sheriff in Florida. The rest are crap! ...more
Randy
Dec 29, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The usually highly readable thriller from Mr. Woods.

President Will Lee is not having a good month. The Democratic Convention is going on and his renomination is secure of course. But his VP bows out because of cancer. In picking out a new running mate, it becomes a replacement as the VP succumbs to the cancer.

Then there's the incident in Pakistan where a Taliban/Al Qaeda group captures a missile base with atomic warheads. In the attack to retake the base, one missile is launched, exploding high
Chris
May 18, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Oh, the joys of reading a Stuart Woods book. I can honestly say that the more I read of him, the less I like his books. The only reason I read this particular book was because it was a New York Times Bestseller. I really didn't care for any of the characters, the plot was slow if non-existent and I really didn't care for it. I think Stuart Woods try to copycat James Patterson with his short chapters and mystery thrown in but even the mystery wasn't there. I'm really not looking forward to readin ...more
Nick
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was OK. An easy read, lots of action and political intrigue, but an abrupt and unsatisfying ending. Seems like Stuart just got tired of writing this book and did a one page wrap to finish it so he could go for his dinner.
FLJimmy
Jun 23, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I stopped reading this author’s work years ago, then the library had this available so I thought, an easy read.
What is it about this guy? The story was wrapped up and ended in a few pages, like he had a contract for a specific number of pages and no more.
The over description of things like the airplane, the trim setting, priming the engine, etc. seems impressive but is very inconsistent. Why aren’t other things described in such detail?
The play on words with the title, what a dweeb. Sure, it is
Linda Roberti
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm really enjoying this series especially because I am reading each book that follows the one before. I still find it interesting how the character Will Lee wheels and deals as I've heard politicians do, but does it in a smooth manipulative way that doesn't cross a fine line. Each book of the series shows him maintaining his values and doing it while being human, i.e., glad news against opponents comes out to hurt their chances of winning but he "doesn't want his team to bring it out." Today's ...more
Ellen
Aug 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Audio book read by Carrington MacDuffie
President Will Lee is having several issues to deal with in this book. His VP has died from cancer and the man he has chosen has to be approved, but the man's personal issues with 3 women could become scandalous. Will Lee deals efficiently with these 3 issues.
The president is also on the campaign trail to be elected for a second term. He comes up against the Republican candidate and a new independent candidate, a black preacher.
Teddy Fay is down in Panama w
Charlotte Guzman
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
I listened to this audio for my Mystery Book Club. I have read several of this author's books in the past and this was not so good and was very disappointed. I loved this author's earlier books like "New York Dead" and "Chiefs." But I feel like he is in a rut at this point in time.
This book read like a soap opera at times and the storyline and characters were not fleshed out. The character that played the president was good and the assassin character (whoever he was) was pretty interesting. But
Susan Beamon
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is my first entry into the Will Lee series. The fact that I had not read any of the other books in the series made no difference. This book read like a stand-alone story.
I'm not truly sure how I would classify this book. It had trappings of a political thriller, except it wasn't particularly thrilling, even with investigative reporters and a missing nuke. There was enough drama to make a weekly television show. A lot happened without feeling rushed or contrived. I was totally captivat
Drew
Mar 02, 2020 rated it liked it
As I've said in previous reviews, the books in the Will Lee series are always a mixture of action and politics, and I enjoy the action more than the politics. This story was more politics than action. Even so, it was entertaining.

I have a minor complaint: it's hard to know what order to read Stuart Woods' books in. I read the Will Lee series pretty much in order, and major characters drift in and out with big stories that must be in other books.
Beckie Hines
I would have rated it a four but I did not like the ending. The ending was very weak as if there was a rush to get the ending complete for publication. Will is the strongest character in the book. The whole wire taping thing seemed very unrealistic. I've read several Stuart Woods books and this one bar is the weakest one yet. This is the 1st Will Lee series i've read, I will read another-can only hope it's better. ...more
John Sklar
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
Another exciting page turner but alas, written in 2009 this series seems to be at its end. This is a great book with a lot of complicated things going on. There is not resolution to all the plot lines but some of them continue in other Wood's series.
I love these books partly because I seem to get totally immersed in his characters. I just can't put them down.
Judy Mcadam
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mounting Fears

OMG...eye opening novel of what Polititians are able to do.Stuff Woods has fabulous advanced brain and proved it in this book😀i hate politics and only read this book because I love the Author. Now I am even more impressed with him. I never want to miss any book he writes. So far I am nearly at that point. Thank you Stuart for a wonderful day. Judyjane
Vairavel
This is the first of the series that I have read and I should say that I like the author's no-nonsense writing style, coupled with a fast paced storyline. It did feel like the book ended abruptly while it had the plot and twists of a good page turner. Initial portions of the book were a bit dragging though. ...more
Michael
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Another outstanding Will Lee story! What is not going on - Nuclear site taken over by terrorists/ stolen nuclear warhead / return of a crazy killer form the past / death of the Vice President and much much more. Other than all the pretty much an ordinary story. Captivating from start to finish. Loved it!
Jann
Jun 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the way Stuart Woods brings previous characters into his current books. I would have given this one 4 stars but I felt the end was rushed and tied up too neatly. He did however let us know that one of the main bad guys in many of his books is not dead as previously insinuated.
Judith
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: will-lee-woods
As far as I know this is the last in this series (to date). Left some things hanging - is Will reelected? Is Teddy still alive? I have no idea if another book is scheduled ???
Kept my interest throughout the book. Paralleled some of the same issues with Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Lydia Kass
Loose nukes, Teddy Fay and a new VP with a shady background plague Will Lee as he readies himself for a second term. It was nice reading about a President who had a take charge kind of attitude (I am posting this in 2017, by the way) and knew how to construct a sentence...
Joan
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
President Wil Lee is trying to get affairs together before the election. Dirty politics is everywhere along with divorces and affairs. What about Teddy Fey? Is he dead or still alive after all these years.
This really was a good read.
Lynn Wilson
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the first Will Lee book I’d read, which was ok that it was #7 in the series. Fascinating and a bit scary is the control folks in politics can have over others’ lives.... and provably so true!
Lane
Jul 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: history-novel
I have liked this series but this book is slow paced and the ending is very abrupt with more questions than answers. Several questions from capital crimes were answered. The first book in the series is definitely the best one.
Kem
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Will Lee was a cop the last time I read one of this series. I have to say that he makes a wonderful President. If only our real President had integrity like Will in the book. I don't like political crap, but this book has some interesting parts. ...more
Greg Book
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: stuart-woods
I'm a big fan of Stuart Woods, but this one was an odd one. The subplots were all interesting, yet didn't seem to stitch together...almost like 3 short stories that were cobbled together into one novel. Ending was a bit unsatisfying as a result. ...more
D. Jane Akins
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very interesting series

I’ve read all of this series, I believe, and enjoyed every one of them. I just read the introduction to another book by Stuart Woods and I’m ready to start that one.
Carol Miles
Aug 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fast read. Found it difficult to keep up with so many characters since this is only my second book by this author so I don’t have the background. However, fast paced and lots of things happening. A nice diversion.
Greer Andjanetta
A good story, easy to read, interesting and one you don't want to end. Typical of the SW books in this series as the story progresses through the presidency of Will Lee. ...more
David A.
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very good read. This is the first I have read Stuart Woods but I will definetly read more of his work.
Roma Del
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I expected more from this book
Suzanne
Plot was good & eerily similar to some modern headlines!!
Dialogue however leaves much to be desired & ending was...?!?!?
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Deadly Cross (Alex Cross, #28)
  • Dead Watch
  • Walk the Wire (Amos Decker, #6)
  • Rising Moon: A Jesse McDermitt Novel (Caribbean Adventure Series Book 19)
  • Serpentine (Alex Delaware, #36)
  • Christmas in Silver Springs (Silver Springs, #6)
  • Under Occupation (Night Soldiers, #15)
  • Spy
  • Crisis (Jack Stapleton & Laurie Montgomery, #6)
  • Robert B. Parker's Colorblind (Jesse Stone #17)
  • The Copper Scroll (The Last Jihad, #4)
  • Death Of A Blue Movie Star (Rune, #2)
  • The Guardians
  • Fellowship of Fear (Gideon Oliver, #1)
  • Blue Moon (Jack Reacher, #24)
  • Vengeance (Brady Hawk #16)
  • Supreme Justice (Dana Cutler, #2)
  • Last To Die (Jack Swyteck, #3)
Stuart Woods is the author the New York Times-bestselling Stone Barrington series and Holly Barker series. He is an avid private pilot, flying his own jet on book tours. You may see his tour schedule and learn more about the author on his website.

Will Lee (7 books)
  • Chiefs (Will Lee, #1)
  • Run Before the Wind (Will Lee, #2)
  • Deep Lie (Will Lee, #3)
  • Grass Roots (Will Lee, #4)
  • The Run (Will Lee, #5)
  • Capital Crimes (Will Lee, #6)