Start by marking “Best Erotic Fantasy & Science Fiction” as Want to Read:
Best Erotic Fantasy & Science Fiction

Best Erotic Fantasy & Science Fiction

Forthcoming in Spring 2010 from Circlet Press, Inc.
Published February 14th 2010 by Circlet Pr (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Best Erotic Fantasy & Science Fiction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Best Erotic Fantasy & Science Fiction

Tegan
The best fantasy is subversive.

Fantasy is not the now, not the reality that we encapsulate. Fantasy goes outside and explores our dreams and nightmares, or delight and disquiet.

Taboos.

And all of this is before we explicitly mix in sex.

The tales in Best Erotic Fantasy & Science Fiction are unexpected. Sometimes uncomfortable. Well crafted and exploring worlds and desires familiar and alien. These well-crafted stories subvert the status-quo and in doing so form excellent fantastical fiction.

mo
Michelle Cristiani
May 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica
Giving this 4 stars because the story selections were all truly unique and interesting and mind-bending. The fact that the stories were 'erotica' had nothing to do with it - nothing else unified them in any other way. They were all self-contained, well-crafted tales that would have stood alone even without explicit content. The stories were, at their core, good sci fi and fantasy. I found that refreshing. Good writing should transcend niche and this collection definitely does.
TammyJo Eckhart
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Most of the 17 stories in this collection from Circlet Press are well-crafted. Yes, there is sex and it tends to be explicit and direct but only if that makes sense for the story.

More of the stories are on the science fiction side exploring futures often dark but again, not always. "Alienated" by Helen E.H. Madden stands out as a fully positive future where connections between species around an active galaxy turn to contact between species at the personal level. Diane Kepler's "Sybariote" is tru
William
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
Some interesting stories but mostly a bit dull. Weird sex as would be expected from the title. No stand outs in the 17 or so stories. Perhaps I am getting old or more puritan in old age but the erotica was not very compelling.
Grace Troxel
Jul 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
For full review, see here:

I don’t normally read a lot of erotica, but this title caught my eye while I was at BEA. I’m not the type of person who is turned off by adult content in stories, but I do expect there to be some measure of a story and not just sex, otherwise I get bored rather quickly and go back to reading about dragons and robots and space pirates instead. The idea of mixing erotica with SF/F appeals to me because it means that authors have ste
Heron
Jul 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great collection.
Daniel
Apr 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding collection that really showcases what Circlet does: combine SF/F, erotica, and top notch writing. Nearly every piece in the collection is a winner.
Karmen
Jul 20, 2013
Bethany Zaiatz
Apr 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Michael Jones
Feb 26, 2011
Treece
Jul 19, 2014
Bethany Zaiatz
Jan 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Courtney
Jun 29, 2015
Del
Jun 05, 2016
thomas wylie
Jun 09, 2017
Melodyofbooks
rated it did not like it
Aug 16, 2017
Kyla Li
Feb 14, 2014
Sexkitten
Mar 28, 2014
Susie Bright says, "Cecilia Tan is simply one of the most important writers, editors, and innovators in contemporary American erotic literature." Since the publication of Telepaths Don't Need Safewords in 1992, she has been on the cutting edge of the erotic form, often combining elements of fantasy and science fiction in her work. She is also founder and editor of Circlet Press.

RT Book Reviews aw