Start by marking “Wild (Wild Series, #1-2)” as Want to Read:
Wild (Wild Series, #1-2)

Wild (Wild Series #1-2)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  951 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Love can tame the wildest heart…

Golden Eyes
When Duncan finds an injured cheetah, questions about how she wound up in his mountains—and going after the poachers pursuing her—can wait. First he brings her home. Then he checks in on his patient, and finds not a cat, but a gorgeous, very naked woman.

Aliyah Carter spent the past six months trapped in cheetah form, a prisoner o
Published July 6th 2010 by Samhain Publishing (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Wild, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesBared to You by Sylvia DayFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesBackstage Pass by Olivia Cunning
Best Erotica
2,218 books — 2,279 voters
Cry Wolf by Patricia BriggsMoon Called by Patricia BriggsSlave to Sensation by Nalini SinghDragon Bound by Thea HarrisonBitten by Kelley Armstrong
Werewolf and Shifter Romance
922 books — 1,312 voters

More lists with this book...

Robin
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Carolyn F.
Feb 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
2 stories in one book. Actually pretty good.

1. Sheriff Duncan keeps hearing about people seeing lions, tigers, cheetahs all his jurisdiction. He goes to check it out, finds poachers and then finds an injured cheetah. She's actually a shapeshifter and freaks him out at first. Eventually he finds out how she got there and they try to stop other animals from being killed.

2. Kaya has been living in the mountains for awhile after being caught and escaping from her home as a child. She's been watchi
Jacqueline
Two novellas here. 2-1/2 stars for the first one and 4-1/2 for the second. Both of the stories were about female shifters (sisters) who are discovered by and fall in love with non shifter men. The shifter world is a bit different in that the type of animal you can shift into is determined by the Great Spirit while you are in the womb. So shifting is more a magical thing. Shifters are few and far between and are not an organized society.

The first novella was Golden Eyes Aliyah, a cheetah, has jus
Domino (aka Meme)
this book had two novels in it. the first was Amber Eyes and the second was something i can't remember. even though i can't remember the second books title i really like it. it was a manage and a continuation of book one. both novels involved sisters that had been separated at a young age because poachers tried to kill they're family/people. they are shape-shifters.
both sisters were ruffing it in the wild and came up on some men they fell in love with and in the end were reunited.
there were so
Amber Brownlow
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
This wasn't one of my absolute favorites by Banks but it was still a good read and a great introduction into the world of shifters. This book contains the stories Golden Eyes and Amber Eyes. I have to say I did find myself liking Amber eyes some what better. One thing I didn't like though was that some events just seemed to happen too quickly; I would of liked them to be slowed down some and have more elaboration in parts. All in all, I enjoyed both stories though, and especially liked how the t ...more
Darcy
Jan 17, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2010, pnr, shifters
This is a hard book to review, there were aspects of the story that I really like, the biggest one being the shifters in this book and just how they work in this world. But what really took away from the story was the characters. The women were so passive, not really taking control of anything other than the couple of times when they led in sex, which really surprised me. The story fell flat for me, and the sex at times seemed forced. It is too bad I felt like this because I had been really look ...more
Mojca
Two stories, about two shifter women (long-lost sisters) finding the men of their lives. Which could make you go all “awwww” if it wasn’t for the fact both stories seriously lacked in plot, and compensated with sex.

In that aspect I can safely say it was very MayaBanks-y. A lot of sex (front and back, upward, downward, sideways etc.) and not much of anything else.

Notice the first sentence of this review...I didn’t feel it. I didn’t feel the love and affection, a lasting bond. It was just sex. Not
Sheryl Nantus
Jul 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book is a compilation of two novellas into one - I considered buying them both in ebook form, but decided that since they are related stories, I'd rather have them in book form.

And I'm glad I did!

An excellent read - for me, the first story is a bit stronger than the second, but that's my take. And I've been spoiled 'orribly by the Colter men, so...

;)

Again, not for your virgin auntie's reading room!
Dannielle
Jan 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica, own, 2011
So worth the wait. I feel like I've been waiting for this book for years. Ever since I read the synopsis for the Golden Eyes, I've wanted to read it.

Duncan and Aliyah are so hot!! And Kaya is one lucky girl to have Hunter AND Jericho! Plus their story has so much pain that you can't help but get a little teary and be impatient for the HEA.

I love that this is a completely unique take on shape shifters. Refreshing.

Love, love, love. Can't say enough good stuff!
Cheryl Brown-Sarre
Feb 26, 2011 rated it liked it
This really should be 3 1/2 stars. I loved a lot of the two novellas and other parts, not so much. The first novella was hard to get into, but when i did I enjoyed it. The second one started well and then seemed to be finished in a hurry. This book would have had a higher rating, but for the bits where suddenly kaya is left alone, pregnant, months pass and it gets a bit choppy
Hillary
Jun 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
The first story was pretty good. The end seemed to wrap up to fast. I enjoyed the second story better. I liked the way the 2 stories tied together in the second story. I enjoyed the fact that the men in these stories were not over bearing to the point where they were too controlling. I like the tough guy that can also be the caring partner.
Dawn ♥ romance
Aug 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica
Two very erotic stories about female cat shifters in the Rockies. Action moved slowly but I teared up at the end. My rating is 3.5* (Golden Eyes) Sheriff Duncan finds an injured cheetah and later discovers she is also a woman Aliyah. (Amber Eyes) A woman Kaya and a wounded cougar slowly befriend both Jericho and Hunter.
marieno
Jun 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Golden Eyes

I loved this one. When I read this kind of book, what I want is sex scenes and that's exactly what I got.

Amber Eyes

It was ridiculous. There were 2 mates and no proper threesome? Can you spell disappointment?
Cindy (eclecticfirefly)
2 related stories of cat shifters. Decent enough. Sex scenes were steamy. Think I just really wasn't in the mood for this one. I generally like Maya Banks, but this was just kinda ho-hum. Never really grabbed me and sucked me in.
Michelle
Mar 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: traded-sold, erotica
These stories were ok. The second one was better than the first, although I didn't get the feeling that either Jericho or Hunter was very thrilled with sharing Kaya. For a Samhain book, the stories weren't very erotic, and the shifter part was ok. Not a keeper.
Lizzie
I really enjoy most of Maya's books. I pick her books up without even reading the synopsis. I was not disappointed in this one. It was odd and rocky at parts, but was still a fun way to spend my Sunday afternoon.
N.L. Riviezzo
3 Stars for Amber Eyes and 4 Stars for Golden Eyes.
Cindy
May 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Good book. Very imagative. Would like to know what happens next with both couples.
Teresa
May 31, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
Contains two stories Golden Eyes and Amber Eyes about shapeshifting sisters...a nice pairing.
Gail Mitchell
Great book. I love anything written by Maya Banks.
Alycia
Both stories were fabulous. I recommend this one to all Maya Banks fans. I even had a few tears a couple of times.
Karen Desmond
Amaia
Aug 08, 2014
  • Holiday Seduction
  • On The Prowl
  • Wild Instinct (Wild, #4-6)
  • Caught by Cupid
  • Screwdriver (Cocktales, #2)
  • To Tempt a Wolf (Whispering Springs Werewolves, #2)
  • Loving Her (Keeping Her, #2)
  • Stefan's Salvation (Dalakis Passion, #3)
  • Instinctive (Eternal Pleasure, #1)
  • Feline Heat
  • Size Matters (Lovers on the Fringe, #1)
  • Iloria (And the Beast, #3)
  • Falke's Captive (Puma Nights #2)
  • Forbidden Fantasies
  • Horn of the Unicorn
  • The Virgin and the Playboy (1Night Stand, #2)
  • Dragon Lord
  • Wicked Sacrifice (Bound Hearts, #4-5)
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.
More about Maya Banks...

Wild Series (2 books)
  • Golden Eyes (Wild Series, #1)
  • Amber Eyes (Wild Series, #2)