Start by marking “Kipper's Snowy Day” as Want to Read:
Kipper's Snowy Day

Kipper's Snowy Day ( Kipper the Dog)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  132 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Huge cotton ball snowflakes are tumbling past Kipper’s window, and he can’t wait to go outside to play!
Published July 19th 1999 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published September 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Kipper's Snowy Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kipper's Snowy Day

Hollie Westmore
Story Outline.
Kipper wakes one morning and is very excited to see snow outside his bedroom window. He gets dressed and makes different shapes in the snow. Kipper finds his friend wrapped up it in his hat, gloves and scarf on and they have snow ball fight together. Tiger rolls in the snow and finds himself turned into a huge snowball. They spent the next part of the story making a snow dog and gave it one of their hats and scarf. The snow dog stayed for three whole weeks but got smaller and small
Mar 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Kipper's Snowy Day by Mick Inkpen tells about Kipper the dog's snow day playing with his friend Tiger.

Inkpen's appealing illustrations focus mainly on the two dogs. Two panel, and one & two page spreads are utilized. My favorite images are cover, tongue, Tiger points, again, snowdog and last three pictures.

Inkpen's text includes descriptive phrases like "cotton ball snowflakes", "like a beetle on his back", and "clean, white, empty page." Quibbles: I wonder about this friendship - Kipper th
Jan 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Almost as good as the video that I watched last night. Almost. Have to say that the videos are better with their adorable actions and even more adorable British accents. But you know I would not turn down a book version of something I love! And the book and video are very closely related. I wonder which came first.
Jan 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dogs, 2014
I'm not a dog person, but Kipper is the cutest pup ever! In this story he celebrates the snow with his friend Tiger, getting up to the usual snowplay: a snowball fight, snow angels and making a snowdog. Lots of fun!
Rosa Cline
May 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids, winter
I enjoyed reading this to my 2 year old granddaughter. We have read several Kipper books but I really liked this one as it was more of a 'story' than just basic words on a page. They are all good but this one was really nice to read. Kipper playing in the snow with his friend Tiger....
Shelley HW
Jun 22, 2010 rated it liked it
My son has become enthralled with Kipper. We picked up a second hand movie and I admit, the stories are simplistic but sweet, and the accents are appealing. The books, well, maybe without the accents it just isn't as cute. Still good though.
Leila T.
Aug 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Again, I didn't like the insulting language, which may be used in the book to connect with young readers, but I thought it was discouraging and unnecessary so omitted it. But otherwise a compelling, slightly complicated story for my 2.5-y-o, but she enjoyed it and wanted it read twice.
May 01, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at!
Jan 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Too long for story time, but a good length for reading to one or two children, which I did at church yesterday.
Ritz ☾
I felt like the text to picture ratio was a little unbalanced for a book aimed at younger kids, but the kids still enjoyed it a lot and laughed throughout.
Oct 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Kipper's Snowy Day
by Mick Inkpen
a cute emergent reader book series related to the pbs show that helps kids recognize words and topics related to school, home and outside.
Sep 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Kipper and his friend Tiger have fun playing in the snow -- a gentle and fun story with the moral that wooly clothing isn't much good in the snow, unless you're a dog.
Aug 22, 2016
May 01, 2017
Mar 12, 2013
Jan 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Mick Inkpen is one of the most popular author/illustrators in the world. His books have sold over 4 million copies, and have been translated into over twenty different languages. His best-loved characters are probably Kipper and Wibbly Pig – who are both stars of their very own TV series!

He began his career as a graphic designer, and worked with another children’s author Nick Butterworth (of Percy
More about Mick Inkpen...

Kipper the Dog (1 - 10 of 69 books)
  • Kipper
  • Kipper's A to Z: An Alphabet Adventure
  • Kipper's Birthday
  • Kipper's Toybox (Kipper)
  • Kipper and Roly
  • Kipper's Monster (Kipper)
  • Kipper's Christmas Eve
  • Honk!
  • Where, Oh Where, is Kipper's Bear?: A Pop-Up Book with Light!
  • Splosh!