Start by marking “44 Cranberry Point (Cedar Cove, #4)” as Want to Read:
44 Cranberry Point (Cedar Cove, #4)

44 Cranberry Point

(Cedar Cove #4)

Perfect for fans of Maeve Binchy' - Candis. Things haven’t been the same in town since a man died at the bed-and-breakfast. Turns out his name was Max and that Bob Beldon, the owner of the Thyme & Tide, knew the dead man in Vietnam. No one has any idea why Max came to Cedar Cove, or – more importantly – who killed him… But there’s plenty more news to share. Jon and Maryell ...more
Published February 19th 2010 by MIRA (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about 44 Cranberry Point, please sign up.
Mary I did. When I was a young single teacher, I got notes on my car. Scary. He put a phone number on one of the notes. We live in a small town and it was …moreI did. When I was a young single teacher, I got notes on my car. Scary. He put a phone number on one of the notes. We live in a small town and it was forty years ago. I searched the phone book and then talked with a friend and we decided to tell her husband. We didn't grow up here and he did. He told me he was middle aged and he told him to leave me alone. (less)
Cecelia 50 Harbor Street is the next book in the series (the one listed after 44 Cranberry Point). I reviewed that book:

I do agree that 44 Cranberry had a strange ending.(less)

Start your review of 44 Cranberry Point (Cedar Cove, #4)
Suzanne
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: borrowed
It is a cliche but again I was happy to be coming home to Cedar Cove. Another safe bet after attempting a very weighty read by the name of Jayber Crow.

This offering was centred around a murder, which does feel a bit odd in this series, but it's lightweight and meant for fun and fuzzy.

Ms Macomber has a way of presenting us with a group of characters, mostly wholesome, and if not, they're only mildly bad. Most attend church which is a funny and refreshing twist in these trying times of constant
TL
Aug 18, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was a bit more slow moving than the previous installments but it never moved into 'boring' territory for me. There was enough momentum with each story arc to keep everything going and we get answers to the mysterious man at the Thyme and Tide.

A few times I did want to shake these people... Ian's feelings and Jon's were understandable and I don't blame Olivia's brother for wanting to be careful.

Some of the 'conflict', while making sense of a sort for each situation, felt off to me. I kno
Tina
This is a Romance/Women's Fiction/Chick-Lit, and this is the 4th book in the Cedar Cove series. Debbie Macomber is one of my favorite authors. I have watched the Cedar Cove TV shows, and I have read most of the books. I some how did not get to reading this one before. I found this one just ok. I did not love this book because I found their was no real storyline/plot. It just had drama that went no where. I did love the characters, and I was happy to be back with the Cedar Cove characters. ...more
Obsidian
This was just an okay installment in the Cedar Cove series. I thought that Macomber often glossed over really serious issues with no real communication between couples (Cecilia and Ian; Jon and Maryellen) and that the whole mystery with Bob and Peggy was a big washout. It could only have been one person behind the whole thing so color me unsurprised by the reveal. That said, I did enjoy reading about certain events (the bachelor/dog auction was hilarious) and cracked up at Jack and Olivia having ...more
Christa
Jun 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own, scribd
I thoroughly enjoyed coming back and rereading this book after a number of years. It was a good one. I really enjoyed the storyline with Grace and Cliff. I was sorry to see friction between Cecelia and Ian, as well as between Olivia and Jack. It was great to be back with all of the Cedar Cove characters. Love this series!
Drebbles
Mar 11, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2006
"44 Cranberry Point", the fourth book in Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove series, focuses mainly on solving the mystery of the man who died while staying at Bob and Peggy Beldon's Bed and Breakfast. Cedar Cove in general is excited about a "dog and bachelor" auction fundraiser, but several of the residents also have other things on their mind. Jon Bowman and Maryellen Sherman are in love and have a child, but disagree about Jon's relationship with his parents. Grace Sherman is still dealing with the ...more
Marianne
Apr 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
44 Cranberry Point is the fourth novel in the Cedar Cove series by Debbie Macomber. Olivia and Grace and all our favourite locals in Cedar Cove make an appearance. Olivia returns from her honeymoon with Jack and tries to adjust to married life. Grace goes all out to win back Cliff Harding after having lost his trust. Maryellen and Jon tie the knot, and there’s another surprise wedding….. The mystery of the man who died at the Thyme and Tide B&B is finally solved, but another mystery, this time i ...more
Cecelia
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bob and Peggy Beldon run the Thyme and Tide bed and breakfast in Cedar Cove. Things have been weird since a man died in their home. Turns out the dead man has unique connections to a couple of folks in Cedar Cove - which makes a cozy-type mystery to be played out in this novel.

Bob receives mysterious postcards. He had no idea who could be sending him these cryptic messages.

Grace is still upset about her unwanted breakup with Cliff. Can she win him back? She's sorry about the online love affair s
Typicalkiki
Mar 22, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-fun
I don't know why I keep reading this series, probably because every book leaves you hanging so I have to keep reading the next to find out what happens.
Nothing really happened in this book and it focused on most of the characters that I don't really like.
It seems like the people in this town are oblivious to everything and everybody around them, until something is spelled out for them. And every married character wants to end their marriage as soon as they have a fight with their spouse.
Michelle
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Still...

Totally in love with this series. Macomber is amazing with how she weaves these stories together. The silly moments, sad ones, and anxious ones fill the pages as the lives of the Cedar Cove residents are spilled before us.
Sharon Mariampillai
This was an incredible read. I am disappointed that I did not see how the wedding actually went between Olivia and Jack, but at least they are married now. In this instalment, we see main characters of the first book return as we get reintroduced to Cecilia and Ian Randall. The story also introduces us to a new couple, Bob and Peggy Beldon, who own an bed and breakfast. The story is beautiful and I am happy that we get to see more of what happens in their lives. I can’t wait to see how the serie ...more
Shelley
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**
SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS**

I have read all the books in this series up to this point and a few things are very clear:

1. None of Macomber's characters have a clue how to talk to each other. In this book, we're treated to marital troubles between Olivia/Jack, Mary Ellen/John, and Ian/Cecilia. All of the troubles presented could have easily been solved with a little communication between the characters. It'
Christine
Jan 03, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Book 4 in the Cedar Cove series focuses on Bob and Peggy Beldon, owners of the Thyme & Tide B&B. After Bob's Vietnam buddy is found dead in one of their guest rooms, the Beldon's are worried about Bob's safety. They don't know who killed Max (the war Vet) and aren't sure if an incident that happened long ago in the military has come back to haunt him. When Max's distraught daughter arrives on their doorstop searching for shelter answers, Peggy welcomes her and they try to solve the mystery.
In a
Judy D Collins
A number of Debbie’s books are being released this year in e-book format and audio. I have read a few in the Cedar Cove series, so not reading them in order. These could be standalone books; however, it would be ideal to read in series order as you will find a number of the familiar characters mentioned in the books. Hallmark Channel will feature Debbie Macomber’s Cedar Cove Series which I plan on checking out.

In 44 Cranberry Point, Olivia, Grace, Jack, Cliff, Bob, Peggy and all the family and f
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ
Not much really happened in this book. We did find out at the very end who killed the man in the B&B, but that's about it. Otherwise it felt like no big revelations in the book, just setting stuff up for the next one... like Cecilia's pregnant again and Roy is getting mysterious messages. Very little of Charlotte in this one. So far, this book was the least interesting of the series. Everything was familiar, it just moved so slowly and felt like nothing really was happening. The bachelor auction ...more
Mayda
Apr 21, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
It seems like there is never a dull moment in Cedar Cove. This installment is a little more exciting than some, since it has a mysterious death – murder? – in it. But there is still the requisite amount of sappy romance included in the story for those readers who like that sort of thing. However, much of the book involves the ongoing complicated relationships of the characters, and these story threads hold much of this series’ appeal.
Ladyacct
Oct 31, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy it when an author surprises me with a conclusion of a situation in a book. Got two with this one. I am really enjoying this series and would HIGHLY recommend not reading out of order.

No typos/editing issues noted.

Kim
Jan 09, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-star
I enjoy the TV show and like the characters. The conflicts are sometimes "trying" and you want to shake some sense into people, but otherwise these are uncomplicated, lighthearted romances that read very easily. ...more
Heather
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved!!!! ❤❤ I am so obsessed with this series lol. I can't wait to watch the TV show they made about it. I hope they did the books justice!!! ...more
Stormi (BMReviewsohmy)
Bob and Peggy are one of my favorite couples so I was happy to be in the middle of everything going on with them and the mysterious man who died. It has a pretty surprising ending.
Katie Leversuch
Jun 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Synopsis:

Peggy Beldon
Thyme and Tide B and B
44 Cranberry Point
Cedar Cove, Washington

Dear Reader,

I love living in Cedar Cove, but things haven't been the same since a man died in our B and B. Turns out his name was Max Russell, and Bob had known him briefly in Vietnam.We still don't have any idea why he came here and--most important of all--who killed him. Because it now appears that he was poisoned. I sure hope somebody figures it out soon!

Not that we're providing the only news in Cedar Co
Phyllis
Jun 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 4th book in the Cedar Cove series. I enjoyed learning more about the lives of the inhabitants of Cedar Cove. The 3rd book left the cliff hanger of who killed Maxwell Russell. I am glad we finally find out at the end of this book who it was. I was quite surprised by it. I didn't see it coming even though I should have. I just wish it didn't take the whole book to find out. This book is leaving us with more cliff hangers. I think the most strangest and exciting one is going to be why a ...more
Tammie
Several story lines were wrapped up in 44 Cranberry Point leaving just two remaining unresolved for the next book in the series. The ones I'm the most happy about are...

Grace, mostly because that story line was way overdue for a resolution, even though Grace was a little like a stalker the way she kept sending the postcards and letters to Cliff after he broke things off with her. I broke up with someone once and they did that to me. It did not make me want to see them again, it had the opposite
Shonda
Jul 11, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2009
Olivia Lockhart, Grace Sherman and their family and friends are back in this fourth installment of the Cedar Cove series. 44 Cranberry Point picks up where 311 Pelican Court ended. Bob and Peggy Beldon find themselves in the middle of a murder investigation and are shocked when they learn the killer’s identity and the motive for the murder.

Ms. Macomber continues the stories of the popular characters: Olivia and her mother, Charlotte, Grace and her daughters, Jack Griffin and Cliff Harding. New c
Grace
Dec 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books-read
Once again another good book from this author. I love the way this series is written like a soap opera. The author brings you up to date with the events in the characters lives and also introduces new characters to you. She also leaves a bit of a cliff hanger at the end leaving you wanting more. So you just have to read the follow book. I'm looking forward to the next book already.

2nd review:
Read and finished this book between 13th & 26th August 2020. I read it long enough ago that I could enjoy
Jonel
Dec 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: print
This novel was like a warm hug in the arms of a good friend. There is a natural flow to this story that mirrors the way that life happens. It really gives you the full impact of the tales that Macomber tells. She combines the sweetness of some of the best parts of life, with the heartache of the worst. Everything is so real and alive that you can’t help but become a part of it, rather than simply a passive observer.

I love how you feel like part of the town while reading this novel. Macomber’s ch
Susan
May 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It drives me nuts that many of these characters make decisions involving others without their consent. Character A decides what Character B "should" want and goes on ahead, figuring B will realize it was right all along. That's not a healthy relationship. Also, one character is dating someone she does not like and can't explain why. Finally, why is it wrong to do a background check on someone new to town, who knows no one, and seems too good to be true? Who would get angry about that? That's log ...more
Donna
Oct 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
44 Cranberry Point is where Peggy and Bob Beldon live. They have a bed and breakfast called Thyme and Tide. They had a gentleman appear on a stormy night to spend the night in one of the rooms. Bob felt he seemed familiar but gave no further thought to it. The man said he would have information filled out by morning for Peggy. The next morning when the man did not get out of bed or leave his room, the Beldon unlocked the door and found him dead. A mystery ensued as to who this man was and why he ...more
Trish (trishie7)
it seems like everyone in this town gets pregnant so easily! i'm surprised olivia or grace did not get pregnant as well.

also in the past books it's the same pattern -- date, get pregnant, break up, have the baby and reconcile and get married. nothing wrong with that but it is getting predictable.

the main characters are still enjoyable to read and keep up with. the new character hannah, was a little frustrating to read, as she was portrayed as being so timid and scared.

i like the mystery in the
Katie B-K
This series continues to be marginally interesting and somewhat politically problematic. I enjoy finding out what happens to the characters and I like most of them, but the fact that the story lines are both repetitive between books such that sometimes nothing much happens and also that there are so many story lines that each one is thin is frustrating at best.

• Midnight Promises (The Sweet Magnolias, #8)
  • Honeysuckle Summer (The Sweet Magnolias #7)
  • Home in Carolina (The Sweet Magnolias #5)
  • Welcome to Serenity (The Sweet Magnolias #4)
  • Sweet Tea at Sunrise (The Sweet Magnolias #6)
  • Marriage on Demand (Hometown Heartbreakers, #2)
  • The Country Guesthouse (Sullivan's Crossing, #5)
  • A Slice of Heaven (The Sweet Magnolias #2)
  • Mending Fences
  • The Inn at Eagle Point (Chesapeake Shores, #1)
  • Wind Chime Point (Ocean Breeze, #2)
  • Small Town Christmas (Blue Harbor Book 4)
  • Sand Castle Bay (Ocean Breeze, #1)
  • Sea Glass Island (Ocean Breeze, #3)
  • Flowers on Main (Chesapeake Shores, #2)
  • Rumspringa's Hope
  • Moonlight Road (Virgin River, #10)
  • Sunrise Point (Virgin River, #17)
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 1,000 weeks on the New York Time ...more

Cedar Cove (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1)
  • 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2)
  • 311 Pelican Court (Cedar Cove, #3)
  • 50 Harbor Street (Cedar Cove, #5)
  • 6 Rainier Drive (Cedar Cove, #6)
  • 74 Seaside Avenue (Cedar Cove, #7)
  • 8 Sandpiper Way (Cedar Cove, #8)
  • 92 Pacific Boulevard (Cedar Cove, #9)
  • 1022 Evergreen Place (Cedar Cove, #10)
  • 1105 Yakima Street (Cedar Cove, #11)