Start by marking “I Can't Believe It's Not Fattening!: Over 150 Ridiculously Easy Recipes for the Super Busy” as Want to Read:

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  188 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
From the New York Times Bestselling author of The Biggest Loser cookbooks: amazingly simple, super-speedy, and decadent recipes that taste sinful but are 100 percent guilt-free

Devin Alexander lives by the motto that "twenty minutes in the kitchen can save you 3 hours on the treadmill!" The chef and author of The Biggest Loser Cookbook  has maintained a weight loss of fift
Published March 9th 2010 by Clarkson Potter (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about I Can't Believe It's Not Fattening!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Can't Believe It's Not Fattening!

Valentin Mihov
Jan 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: just-have-it
Amazon.com Review

Featured Recipe: Chicken Breasts with Goat Cheese and Fire-Roasted Tomatoes

This dish is exceptionally easy to make and worth every second. That said, there is one thing to note: Be careful when checking the chicken for doneness. The tomatoes will likely drip into the chicken. If you cut into the chicken or poke it with a fork to test for doneness, be sure it’s not the liquid from the tomatoes making the chicken look pink even if it’s not.

Ingredients

4 (4-ounce) trimmed bo
Ashley (JaffaCaffa)
Feb 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: food
After losing 15 lbs in exactly 3 months by eating healthy, I can officially say this is my new motto: "Twenty minutes in the kitchen can save you 3 hours on the treadmill!"

I knew going in there probably wasn't going to be too many recipes I could use. I'm unable to eat any processed carbs, wheat, etc. as well as dairy (on top of being a picky eater haha!), therefore I skimmed over a lot of the recipes. I did find 4 that I'm really excited to try out!

There were some recipes that were very simpl
Sandi
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was ok
Just a run of the mill cookbook that really doesn't have much in the way of recipes, it's more like put this dip in this yogurt and stir kind of a thing.

A few recipes sounded tempting, but not a book for the collection or those who can think outside of the box (or grocery bag) without anyone telling them how.

Betsy
Jul 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010, cookbooks, health, weight
Wonderful recipes full of flavor! Easy to prepare and very healthy. Once again, this was checked out of the library, but I am breaking down and buying my own copy! Too good to pass up. So far I've made the Cumin Lime Black Beans and there are several that I can't wait to try.

Yet another great cookbook by Devin Alexander.
Lisa
Jun 16, 2010 rated it liked it
This book delivers on its promise of providing easy recipes. I haven't tried any yet, so I can't vouch for the results, but I did find several I intend to try. Many of the recipes involve "novelty" food items, though, that proponents of "clean" eating (like me) may prefer to avoid.
Amy
Dec 04, 2009 rated it really liked it
There are lots of great recipes in this book; many of which I cannot believe are not fattening ... I copied quite a few for myself.

While there are some color photographs scattered throughout, this book would have been spectacular if each recipe had an accompanying photograph!
Gina
May 16, 2010 marked it as to-read
Reserve again from Bucks library.
Beth
Sep 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
Some really good recipes - I can't wait to try them!
Michelle
Jun 16, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cooking
Very meat-heavy. Might try a few side-dishes. Will need to "up" everything for family use.
Monique
Mar 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-book
Want simple and easy low fat recipes? This is your book. Great ideas with most recipes from fridge to plate in 30 minutes or less. Certainly adding these to my growing Dinners Done menu list.
Nancy
May 20, 2011 rated it it was ok
Lots of interesting sounding recipes -- but after trying several, found that they're just not as tasty as I'd have liked.
Shannon Hairr
Feb 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm a picky eater and it had a lot of things I wanted to try. The recipes use things I normally have on hand. I don't have to go to a special store to find the ingredients!
unknown
Naps
Feb 08, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Master Your Metabolism Cookbook
  • Glorious One-Pot Meals: A Revolutionary New Quick and Healthy Approach to Dutch-Oven Cooking
  • 1,001 Low-Carb Recipes: Hundreds of Delicious Recipes from Dinner to Dessert That Let You Live Your Low-Carb Lifestyle and Never Look Back
  • 101 Foods That Could Save Your Life
  • Hungry Girl to the Max!: The Ultimate Guilt-Free Cookbook
  • Cook Yourself Thin: Skinny Meals You Can Make in Minutes
  • The Dumpling: A Seasonal Guide
  • The 10 Things You Need to Eat: And More Than 100 Easy and Delicious Ways to Prepare Them
  • Lucid Food: Cooking for an Eco-Conscious Life
  • The 1,500-Calorie-A-Day Cookbook
  • Top Secret Recipes Unlocked: All New Home Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods
  • Now Eat This!: 150 of America's Favorite Comfort Foods, All Under 350 Calories
  • The Sriracha Cookbook: 50 "Rooster Sauce" Recipes that Pack a Punch
  • Bobby Flay's Throwdown!: More Than 100 Recipes from Food Network's Ultimate Cooking Challenge
  • Patti Labelle's Lite Cuisine
  • Get Cooking: 150 Simple Recipes to Get You Started in the Kitchen
  • The Volumetrics Eating Plan: Techniques and Recipes for Feeling Full on Fewer Calories
  • BabyCakes Covers the Classics: Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes from Donuts to Snickerdoodles