Start by marking “Negotiation Boot Camp: How to Resolve Conflict, Satisfy Customers, and Make Better Deals” as Want to Read:

3.53  ·  Rating details ·  92 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
We find ourselves engaged in various kinds of negotiations every day, from trying to land a new account or win a promotion at work, to buying a house or a car, or bargaining down a cell phone bill, or settling a dispute with a friend or spouse. In this groundbreaking book, negotiation expert Ed Brodow shows us how to settle conflicts amicably to reach a win-win solution ev ...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published December 26th 2006 by Random House Audio

To ask other readers questions about Negotiation Boot Camp, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Negotiation Boot Camp

Mohamed
I got this as an Audio book. The contents are nice although repetition of ideas and negotiation techniques would have been avoided. A small part of the book handles general negotiations but most of the book deals with sales negotiation techniques and mainly retail sales.

As an overall, this is a good book to read about negotiation.
Jay
Jan 06, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: business, audiobook
Good review of negotiation techniques. There is quite a lot of content in this book. I listened to this on audio and got a good review of negotiation, but for reflection I believe the book would be better -- there are too many lists to keep track of everything on audio. It could have used a few more examples as well. For a "boot camp", it's pretty useful.
Tim
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A smart read for everyday situations.

This book is well written and practical. The format on my kindle fire 7" HDX was a little messed up. Strange sentence breaks and sometimes the rest of the sentence would appear a page or two later. Made reading it a little more challenging than it should have been. All three same, great advice and techniques for good negotiation.
Pranay Meshram
Jul 17, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It was like reading the same chapter again, again and again. The same concepts are repeated throughout the book. One can summarize it in 10-15 points and save time in not reading the entire material. Some points do stick and you can apply them in many walks of life.
Andrea James
Nov 23, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
A very quick read with basic points laid out in a straightforward manner that serve as good quick reminders. It is useful as a starter text for simple sales and work negotiations but perhaps less so for negotiations that involve complex issues, little leverage or high stakes.
Sunnie Stonelake
Everyone should read this book. We all would have more peaceful conversations leading to my productivity. :)
James
Mar 05, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Back to basics.
James
May 23, 2014 rated it did not like it
Could not finish.
Mark Kricheff
Aug 02, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
An unoriginal rip-off of Herb Cohen’s “You can negotiate anything.” Nothing new.
Tim Burrell
Sep 06, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great negotiators are great listeners, not geat talkers
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Ed Brodow is a political commentator, negotiation expert, and author of seven books, including Tyranny of the Minority, In Lies We Trust, Negotiation Boot Camp, and Beating the Success Trap. His works of fiction, Fixer and Women From Venus, have received critical accolades. For two decades, Ed's Negotiation Boot Camp® Seminars have been acclaimed by the professional negotiators at Microsoft, Goldm ...more
More about Ed Brodow...