Start by marking “Misty Circus 1: Sasha, El Pequeño Pierrot (Misty Circus, #1)” as Want to Read:
Misty Circus 1: Sasha, El Pequeño Pierrot (Misty Circus, #1)

Misty Circus 1: Sasha, El Pequeño Pierrot (Misty Circus #1-2)

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  132 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
VICTORIA FRANCÉS REGRESA A NORMA EDITORIAL POR LA PUERTA GRANDE.
Con este título empieza la nueva colección de Victoria Francés con NORMA EDITORIAL, Misty Circus . En este primer número conoceremos a su protagonista, Sasha , un niño muy especial que con tan solo diez años es huérfano y acaba internado en un orfanato, del que decide escapar para encontrar su lugar en el mund
Published May 29th 2009 by Norma Editorial

To ask other readers questions about Misty Circus 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Misty Circus 1

stefiereads
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is soooo perfect for autumn, halloween read. Like the illustration of this book is just breathtaking.
I also enjoy the story of this book. But I feel everything happened quickly. I wish there are more books or more story about the characters. I feel like there’s something missing.

Seriously though this book. It’s super super super gorgeous. It has all the elements of spooky-ness that will be perfect for Halloween!
Scott Roberts
I love the story plot of this book. I give this book 5 stars.
Melissa
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Victoria Frances is my favorite artist so her stunning artwork automatically gets five stars. The story is short and more like a children's story though darker than most kids stories but within the story is also magic and friendship which almost every kid loves to read about.
Julia
Jan 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z-format-book, art
**Actual Star Rating 3.75 Stars**

Having been just recently introduced to the artist/author I had no idea what this particular book would bring and so I started my adventures into this sad little world. Although it was enjoyable I just couldn't find myself enjoying it as much as I did with Arlene's story.

I am grateful that the parts of poetry and songs that were used in a foreign language were translated into English for they were the right fit for the story. Although not giving away much as t
Anna Nesterovich
It's been years since this first two volumes have been published. I wish there was the next adventure to look forward to in this series...
Alberto
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Las ilustraciones son increíbles, pero la historia me ha sabido a poco y me ha dejado con ganas de más, pues no se nos cuenta apenas nada.
Keri
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
1.5 Stars

Let me start with a compliment. The artwork is absolutely beautiful. Absolutely beautiful yet completely odd. It reads nothing like a graphic novel where you go from scene to scene and you visually watch the story unfold. The artwork was all these individual pieces that felt like the artist threw together from their collection and THEN tried writing a story to match.

Like many other reviewers, the storyline seemed to be aimed at kids yet was so poorly written I'm not sure a kid would e
Lynne
Apr 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“From a very early age Sasha was known for his androgynous looks, his profound shyness and, about all, his mercurial moods, which alternated between episodes of excessive elation and utter sadness.”
Misty Circus by Victoria Francés

I am a huge fan of Victoria Francés, and have been since I first stumbled across some of her gothic paintings. As I write this, I have two of her prints framed and hanging on my wall. I also own English versions of the three Favol books. However, I have not gotten a ch
Ciska
Apr 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
*Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book from the publisher on Netgalley in return for an honest review*

Author
Victoria Francés was born in Valencia but spent much of her infancy in Galicia.
She attended the Polytechnic University of Valencia, where she studied Fine Arts at the Facultad de Bellas Artes de San Carlos. There she started working as an illustrator while also designing various book covers and other commissioned pieces.
Her first illustrated book, Favole, a remembrance of Verona,
Karissa
Apr 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got an eGalley of this book to review through NetGalley(dot)com. Thanks to Dark Horse and NetGalley for giving me a chance to review this book. This book was full of absolutely stunning illustrations paired with a gothic and sweet story.

The story is about a young boy named Sasha who has been abandoned by his parents. He ventures into the woods and befriends a black cat. Together they stumble upon the Misty Circus. As part of the Misty Circus they go on a number of adventures.

The illustrations
Lucie Paris
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sumptuous arresting cover. I was immediately call out by this sad and magnetic illustration of a young clown.
Unable to resist, I wanted to discover the world of this awesome Pierrot the Moon.

Like any children's story, there are different ways to read Sasha's adventures.
A strange little boy, marginalized by his appearance, that lives in the entertainment world until the day his mother died of the plague in the Paris of yesteryear.
His inconsolable father abandons him. Without ever being undermi
Sharon Tyler
Misty Circus is a graphic novel by Victoria Francés and edited by Rachel Edidin. It is scheduled for release on June 25 2013. This hardcover graphic novel begins on the streets of Paris as the main character, a sad eyed little boy named Sasha, suffers two losses and then journeys out into the unknown. The story is melancholy, but still hopeful. Sasha's story is unusual, with bittersweet moments and artwork that is absolutely beautiful and poignant.

Misty Circus is a graphic novel for all ages. Ou
Michelle Elizabeth
May 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Children, anyone who likes good artwork
Read in May 2013
Review originally posted May 24, 2013
Edited June 11, 2013

EDIT: I'm removing this book from my 2013 challenge for reasons my review notes. Other graphic novels will stay.

Received for free from Netgalley for an honest opinion.

This review is going to be very short, but I'll get to as why in a moment. The illustrations are just WOW! The layout of the book, was nice, the pictures surrounded by the text of the story had a sort of collage look (but it wasn't photos with subtitles, just
Artur Coelho
Jun 28, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Se o infame menino da lágrima não se limitasse à pose hierática reproduzida fielmente até à exaustão e tivesse um livro ilustrado que narrasse as suas aventuras... ou antes, desventuras, porque o menino da lágrima teria de saltitar de desgraça em desgraça sempre com aquele seu olhar triste, sorriso deprimido e lágrima a escorregar pelas faces. Imaginem o menino da lágrima perdido na floresta, adoptado por um grupo circense e com um gatinho antropomórfico lacrimoso como companheiro. É mais ou men ...more
Jaki
Apr 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ooooooooooooooh, the PRETTY!!!!!! *strokes pictures in awe* A gorgeous gorgeous GORGEOUS book, with a beautiful story of finding joy and friendship.

Litte Sasha has lost his mother to a plague illness, and his father to despair and drink. He is sent to an orphanage, which he runs away from, and discovers a magical circus in the woods. Along the way he finally finds two friends, Josh LeChat (a little black cat), and Chloe Pumpkin, a young witch.

And that’s basically it! A beautiful simple story, wi
Leonardo
Victoria Frances es una de las ilustradoras de fantasía oscura más interesantes y precisas de los últimos años. Mejor conocida (e imitada hasta el hartazgo) por las damas espectrales y pálidos vampiros de indudable filiación neo-prerafaelistas/góticas reunidos en los libros de Favole, Frances se adentra en un mundo paralelo, quizás no tan obviamente "oscuro", pero no menos dramático y "unheimlich". La imagen del pequeño huérfano Pierrot y su gato deben mucho a Sarah Kay y es posible considerarlo ...more
Cecilia
Apr 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: art, children
Holly Letson
Sasha and Josh LeChat, who were both orphans but still held a slight hope in their hearts that a brighter future does indeed exist, are both wonderful characters, and were a real delight to get to know. They became each other's only true friend in a sad world that had seemingly left them behind.

And, their lives suddenly changed when they discovered--and became a part of--Misty Circus, a circus shrouded in mist and full of magic beyond your wildest dreams.
----------------
And, things get even m
Holly Letson

----------------
And, things get even mo
Angie
Sasha has lost his mother and now his father is gone. He leaves the streets of Paris and wonders into the forest. In the forest he finds a talking cat. Sasha and the cat make their way through the mist until they come upon a circus tent. They join the Misty Circus. The circus master sends them on a journey to a land of witches where they meet a young blind witch. They convince her to join the circus as well.

This was a charming little book. Very short, but with lovely illustrations. It reminded
Sarah Rosenberger
1.5

I feel like the illustration style in this book is a bit overdone these days, but Frances does a beautiful job anyway. However, the writing is dreadful. Normally I'd blame the translation, but I think this is another case of talented people thinking that if they're good at one thing (art), they must be good at everything (writing).

Although this is labelled 'Juvenile Fiction,' the vocabulary & lack of context clues makes it totally inappropriate for kids. I feel like maybe the publishers o
Glennis
Apr 13, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have to say the cover art is what got me to pick up the book. The story, not so much. It felt like the start of a story and not a complete story. The orphan finds a new home with a circus in the woods and makes some new friends but we never see how he lives in the circus and the ringmaster/wizard gives him shelter but not much info. If you like sad emo looking art then this is the book for you. The overall quality of the art is great but picture after picture of sad red rimmed eyed children do ...more
Elia
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tweens
First the good- the art style in this volume is beautiful, though somewhat creepy and dark, which actually goes perfectly with the nature of the story. However, the story itself is awkwardly written. It seems to be aimed at kids, but the vocabulary used is not going to be remotely understood by its target audience. Plus the inclusion of poetry in several different languages is an odd choice as well.
Great as a collectible for people who enjoy a specific art style, but not so hot if you actually
Bradley Farless
Interesting art style. Read it in about 20 minutes while standing in the aisle at Forbidden Planet. The androgynous look of the boy (which is specifically stated in the text, if it wasn't obvious from the illustrations) was a little odd and felt unnecessary in terms of furthering the plot. The only reason I kept reading it really was because I wanted to know what happened to the talking cat, Josh LeChat (how unoriginal a name...)
Teracia
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a heartwarming story of a young boy finding a place to belong. with magic and the circus Sasha finds a place to call home. This is a beautiful book and it has stunningly beautiful book illustrations. For me the combination of the two made this a must read. I will be buying this book as soon as it is available!
Diane Greiner
May 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fabulous collection of beautiful illustrations with a story added to it. It is probably best suited for middle grade readers. The story does fit with the illustrations, but I find the illustrations so powerful that the story is a secondary factor. I would purchase this book for the illustrations alone.
Ryan
Jun 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars
This book is exquisite. Each page is fully illustrated, but it much more than just another picture book. Sasha is a beautiful boy. His family dies and he runs away to join the circus. This is actually two stories originally published as comic books. They don’t have the feel of a comic book, which will help it appeal to more people.
Αταλάντη Ευριπίδου
Yet another beautiful and heartbreaking gothic fairytale from the amazing hands of artiste extraordinaire, Miss Victoria Frances. I don't have much to say about Misty Circus except that I wish volume 2 got translated faster!
Jayjay
Nov 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
while this book is juvenile literature it is something all adults with a penchant for fantasy should read at least once. the imagery of the words and the artwork are nothing short of magical. this is one book that will remain in my kindle library.
Maria Nicolette
Dec 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-fiction
Delightful little story with lovely illustrations. Nice bed time book
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Frances was born in Valencia but spent much of her infancy in Galicia.

Her first illustrated book, Favole, a remembrance of Verona, Venice and Genoa, was firs
More about Victoria Francés

Misty Circus (2 books)
  • Misty Circus 2: La noche de las brujas (Misty Circus, #2)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • The Siren
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Oryx and Crake (MaddAddam, #1)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • Star Wars: Darth Plagueis
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)