Start by marking “Cross Currents: The Promise of Electromedicine, the Perils of Electropollution” as Want to Read:
Cross Currents: The Promise of Electromedicine, the Perils of Electropollution

Cross Currents: The Promise of Electromedicine, the Perils of Electropollution

Dr. Becker tells of the emergence of electromagnetic medicine, which promises to unlock the secrets of healing, and the growth of electromagnetic pollution, which poses a clear environmental danger. He explains the effectiveness of alternative healing methods that use parts of the body's innate electrical healing systems, and warns that our bodies are being adversely ...more
Published December 1st 1990 by TarcherPerigee (first published December 1st 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Cross Currents, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cross Currents

Start your review of Cross Currents: The Promise of Electromedicine, the Perils of Electropollution
Charlie Canning
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great book that is becoming more important by the day

Technological breakthroughs have accelerated to the point that most of us have no more than a rudimentary knowledge about the science and engineering behind many of the things that we rely upon to live. Fortunately, this ignorance does not prevent us from enjoying technology's benefits. Unfortunately, it does not protect us from its consequences either.

In Cross Currents: The Perils of Electropollution; The Promise of Electromedicine, Dr.
Mike S
Oct 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
This is a fascinating book filled with provocative ideas and studies. If you are interested in electricity and its function in or interaction with the human body, this is a must read. Becker is intelligent, thorough, interesting, and humble. His work will eventually be recognized as ahead of its time, once the stranglehold of greed is removed from our medical institutions and governing bodies.
Tim
Aug 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Very intriguing look at the effects of electromagnetic radiation (ie from electronics and wires) by a man who won the Nobel Prize for his work in the field of electromagnetic fields and the human body. His chapter on electro-acupuncture is interesting as well.
Ostilio Portillo
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a very interesting compilation of facts associated with the perils of electro-pollution. I always new that electric & electronic devices are capable of generating an electromagnetic field around them, but I never imaging the extent of the damage they can cause to human health in general. It was surprising to me that some individuals are more prone to become sick by electro-pollution because somehow they tend to be more sensitive to electromagnetic fields.

On the other side, it also
Steven Magee
For those who study the field of electromagnetic radiation (EMR) poisoning of the human, this is an excellent book. What I find amazing about this book that it was written in 1990! Today, wireless radiation is classed as a suspected carcinogen that is known to increase the risk of brain disease. The free Bioinitiative Report 2012 is saying that autism appears to be an electromagnetic disease. The rise in Autism is almost directly following the rise in adoption of wireless communications. I no ...more
Onur