Start by marking “The Seeking Kiss (Midnight Playground, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Seeking Kiss (Midnight Playground, #1)

The Seeking Kiss

(Midnight Playground #1)

Two vampires, one woman, an eternity of love and desire…if only she’s strong enough…

London 2069
For as long as Nissa has known about Midnight Playground, the most exclusive of a world-wide network of vampire sex clubs, she has yearned to gain entrance—and to become one of them. Orphaned and alone from a young age, she has nothing to lose and nothing to stop her from indulgi
Published October 20th 2009 by Samhain Publishing (first published October 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Seeking Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Seeking Kiss

Jessica
Aug 22, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: erotic-romance
The story starts with the heroine going alone to a sex club where she'll be fair game for whatever any vampire wants to do with her; she can't say no (except to having her blood drunk, for some reason). Right there, the story lost me. That's so far beyond TSTL it deserves its own category.*

I did continue reading, though, hoping the story would redeem itself and I might enjoy the rest. Spoiler: no luck.

Anyway, the heroine immediately spies a vampire across the bar and they mutually fall in insta-
Red
Mar 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I will say I was a little concerned because it is a shorter story than I am used to but right off the bat I knew it was going to be good. When she first goes into the club the whole story becomes extremely erotic. The author did an AMAZING job blending the mental abilities with the physical sensations they experienced when together. The sex in the club was fantastic but nothing in comparison to outside of it. This was a GREAT start to a series that I will have on auto buy, because I can't resist ...more
Katy Beth Mckee
Oct 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Someone willing to take a chance on something way out of their comfort zone.
I was really surprised by this book. I picked it up when it was free offering. Since it was not really a genre I'm interested in. Vampires usually don't do much for me and stores of "post-apocalyptic" stores usually give me the willies. But I kept an open mind and decided to give it a try. And from the beginning I was drawn into the story of Nissa and her quest. Both Hex and Aleron were so hot. The mix of old and new world was so interesting. The intensity of feelings were powerful.
Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~
This is my first e-book! I won it in a contest, not too bad so far!

Just finished my new e-book, it was very good. It was shorter than what I'm used to when I read but I liked it lot! It was a sweet, passionate read, I'll definitely be reading more Miss Bradley's work in the near future!
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
Aug 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
WOW!! Just read this very short story.. It's hot. It's filled with deep, deep emotions. The emotional connections really made me cry. And I was ticked that it ended so soon.. I could have stood for another great 5 chapters of this one.

Thanks for the hot find texxie! U rock!
Becs
Oct 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Wow......I loved this one. It was a short story I read in one night, filled with steaming hot scenes but also filled with emotions I did not expect. I teared up. I want more!
I will definitely be reading some more by Eden Bradley. Im hoping for a glimpse to see how Hex and Nissa are doing ;-)
LC
Aug 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Not much happens in the way of plot but it's gorgeously written.
Kendra
Jun 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Review originally posted as a guest review on BonaFide Reflection Blog - reposted as a TBT review on Reader's Edyn - Please visit Reader'
s Edyn (Blogspot) for full review.

SPOILERS
Review:

So I read The Seeking Kiss probably in September. Come to think of it, it may have been

the first ménage story I had read. Sounds kind of ridiculous now because I have seen

sooooo many ménage stories since then. They are very nearly what I would describe as a

normal read. Not that I am knocking ménage. I enjoy these
Shanyn Hosier
A short little paranormal novella, heavy on voyeuristic bisexual menage-a-trois sex, set in a compelling depiction of post-apocalyptic, dystopian London. There's just enough clever plot, emotionality, and intriguing characterizations to balance out the explicit sex, which is quite a feat considering the brevity of the piece.

Vampires are the central characters throughout the 3-book "Midnight Playground" series, and Bradley's version of these creatures offers us little that is unique or inventive:
Tracy
Sizzling Erotica
It's the year 2069 and Nissa has spent her life surviving by whatever means necessary - and doing so mostly alone. Everyone she's ever loved is dead and all she wants is to get into the Midnight Playground, an exclusive vampire sex club. She wants to give herself to the seductive species, become one of them. She's prepared herself for the club, but no none could have prepared her for the erotic delights of Hex and Aleron. Both are vampires, Aleron having given Hex the Turning kis
Margaret
Oct 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
As I read the first chapter of this mini book, I was completely sucked in. I became extremely intrigued about how the book would go and whom the main character will meet. From the beginning of the very first page, I knew it was about vampires and their club.
As the chapters more on, everything became more erotic, from the way the club was described to the individual rooms. The descriptions were so clear that you could picture them in your head, like you were really there experiencing it all.
The
Amber
Aug 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: free-amazon
Since I can't give half stars I gave this a four, but I give it a 3.5. Going into this book I didn't know it was a short story. I'm always iffy on them because they usually leave me wanting more...so that being said this is what I thought..
I didn't think this story was bad being that is was a short story. It was longer than most short stories I've read and I really enjoyed that because I felt with this book there was a little more "story" then just Bam! Sex! Now don't get me wrong there was plen
Kelly
Read my full review here: Review: The Seeking Kiss

When I read the synopsis of this book, I couldn't help but raise an eyebrow. It sounded intriguing and I thought it was just the right kind of story to fit my mood for that day. I have to say, though, I wasn't very impressed. The story seemed too abrupt and clipped. Now, I know that for a short story the author has to cut out some elements to save her word count, but this seemed a bit extreme.

The story began abruptly. Nissa is going to the sex c
Taryn
Aug 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of erotic paranormal romances
This review was posted at My Secret Romance

3.5 Stars

This is one hot and steamy paranormal romance! It has vampires and erotic romance rolled into one-my favorite! It's the first book to the Midnight Playground series and a good start at that. I think this book may be a long novella since I was able to read it in a few short hours. I had no idea it had menages in it. Maybe I should have looked at the cover first. Nice little surprise there. :)

Hex and Aleron have been together for ages, until Nis
Kelly
Aug 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
When a book is about vampires and a naughty sex club, it's pretty much a given that I'll like it. And I did like this one. I was a tiny bit disappointed at the abrupt ending but I can get over it. Which isn't to say that the ending didn't resolve things. It did. But that's all it did. You didn't have a page or two to bask in the happiness of the couple - it just ended. It was a little disconcerting. However, after reading the synopsis for the next book in the series, I can see that we're probabl ...more
Beverly Diehl
If what you want is hot steamy vampire guys and juicy menage and M/M sex, this is the perfect short read. I was ready to shove the heroine out of the way and take her place.

There's also some great description of the old theatre in London where the vampire sex club is located.

Weaknesses - not much of a story. The heroine is conveniently orphaned and doesn't have a job or any ties to the mortal world she'd regret abandoning, so there's little conflict for her, nor, so it seems, for the vampire Hex
Deb
This erotic novella does a decent job at setting the stage for a ménage featuring two male vampires and a human female. The writing is evocative and manages to create an emotional intimacy out of pretty much nothing. The story is dreamlike. Everyone is beautiful and loving, the surroundings are luxurious, the heroine is pampered and finds instant love and happiness without any effort on her part, but merely because as someone who is beautiful and intelligent she is selected to cater to the needs ...more
ms bookjunkie
This was a Kindle freebie and a Samhain title, so I grabbed it while the grabbing was good. I don't know if I'd have bought it if I'd come across it in a search, but it is possible because I did enjoy another title by this author.

However, I did not enjoy TSK. The whole intriguing futuristic angle (London in 2069) is wasted, IMO. I didn't connect with or care about the characters. I didn't *hate* it, but I found it meh. (If I'd been in a better frame of mind (not exhausted or suffering from a co
Sharon
Nov 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Free ebook...short story vampires and MMF. What more can a girl ask for? I thought it was an interesting story, and want to read the next book and find out more. I generally don't read short stories unless they are outtakes from a series- where the world building and character development is already done. I think the author did a great job setting up the world within the limits of a short story. I will read more of this author- I love to see a writer develop in their skills! would recommend this ...more
Ivelisse Roberts
I loved this book from beginning to end. The chemistry between the characters is something that we have all either been a part of or have witnessed. I love a man with an accent and Aleron can make anyone swoon. Read this book before the Bloodsong, the new Eden Bradley book out Sept 28th 2010 so you can feel the experiences the stories have to offer and I do mean experiences because reading these books makes you feel like you are going thru it yourself.
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
While it is a shorter book it's much longer then other short stories I've read, thankfully. This has a really cool concept and isn't disappointing at all. Despite Nissa and Hex being the main characters I think I liked Aleron more then them. Anyway I thought it was good and worth time to read, plus it's free and so far one of the best free erotic novels I've read.
Suze
Jan 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommended to Suze by: won from author
A short pacy sex filled vampire romp!
Nissa goes to a club to give herself to a vampire - but she finds two!
They were very sexy together and I was saddened by Aleron bowing out.
It was a just as said. At first I thought she was going to the club for vengeance and there was a dark edge with the dystopian setting but that quickly fell away.
Vivian
Aug 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Usually I dislike short stories, but Bradley did a good job of narrowing the plot to telling a complete story. The characterizations weren't unique, yet they fit together well. The scenes were sensual and luscious and the pacing was good. Overall, fine use of the vampire sex club motif. This being my first Bradley book I am interest in pursuing other, longer novels.
CaroleDee
Feb 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Short. Hot. You have to go into reading this book how Nissa (main character) went into The Midnight Playground; with no reservations, an open mind and sex on the brain. LOL. Don't expect a huge plot line or an extensive introduction to a new futuristic world because you won't find it. What you will find is some steamy sex and two delicious guys. Great for some fluff between more serious books.
Jan
Aug 27, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: menage, novella, romance
Got this one for free on a Samhain giveaway.
It was ok, but unfortunately this is a story where the menage isn't the HEA, and I felt that the insta-love between Hex and Nissa wasn't enough to compensate for the breaking apart of Aleron and Hex.

I just prefer my menage stories with a happy ending for everyone.
R.G. Alexander
Jul 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This first book of the Midnight Playground series is a fascinating glimpse into a near future world you want to return to again and again. The vampires are perfect; decadent, debauched and eternal.
Offered as a free read from August 15th-28th 2011 and, even though I critted for this author-I had to download to read again. I cannot wait for more books in this series!
Christine Ashworth
Feb 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
I loved this book. Eden's created a terrific world in the not-too-distant future; Nissa's choices make perfect sense in that world. Hex and Aleron are vampires to swoon over, and the Midnight Playground is a shiverlicious place. As usual, the sex is hot hot hot and very, very sensual. I'm looking forward to the other two in the series!
Kathie (katmom)
This was free at Amazon...a prequel of sorts for the MIDNIGHT PLAYGROUND series...

It was well written...spicy...with slash...but a LOT of heat between Hex and Nissa...

Not sure that I'd buy the rest of the series...as it seems to be a lot of PWP...

But an exciting 30 minutes of reading.
Blackravens Reviews
May 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a way to start out a series! Eden Bradley scorched my socks off with her book The Seeking Kiss book #1 in the Midnight Playground series. To view this review in its entirety please visit http://www.blackravensreviews.com/?p=...
Andrea
Aug 21, 2011 rated it liked it
As an erotica I give this book 4 stars but because I prefer a little more passion I give this book 3 stars. For those of you that like hot steamy sex with two guys on one girl then this is the book for you!
  • The Priestess (Wasteland, #4)
  • Claim Me
  • Christina's Tapestry (Tapestries, #1)
  • Rough Cut (Black and White Collection, #3)
  • The Whore (Wasteland, #2)
  • Forbidden (Playing With Fire, #1)
  • Marked (City of the Damned, #1)
  • Lights, Camera...Monsters (Monsters in Hollywood, #1)
  • Maxwell's Fall (Wolf’s Heritage, #3)
  • An Unwanted Hunger (V'KAR, #1)
  • Amber Moon (Prides of the Moon, #1; 1NS)
  • Howling for My Baby (Cannon Pack, #1)
  • Lyric's Cop (Crime Tells, #1)
  • Fresh Blood
  • Triad (Witches Knot, #1)
  • The Lost Locket (PowerUp! #1)
  • Sunfire (Pure Wildfire, #1)
  • Phantom Lovers
New York Times & USA Today Bestselling and award-winning author Eden Bradley aka Eve Berlin has published a number of novels and novellas, both print and e-books, with Berkley Heat, Bantam/Delta, Harlequin Spice & HQN, Black Lace Books and Samhain Publishing, as well as venturing into self-publishing. Her books have been translated into German, French, Romanian, Portuguese, Spanish, Italia ...more

Midnight Playground (5 books)
  • Ever: The Turning (Midnight Playground, 0)
  • Bloodsong (Midnight Playground #2)
  • The Turning Kiss (Midnight Playground, #3)
  • Eversong (Midnight Playground, #4)