Start by marking “Duke Most Wanted (Heiress Brides, #3)” as Want to Read:
Duke Most Wanted (Heiress Brides, #3)

Duke Most Wanted

(Heiress Brides #3)

Sophie Blake's grandfather willed his fortune to the first of his granddaughters to marry a duke. Since her cousin, Deirdre, will seal the deal any day now, the quiet, bookish Sophie can sit back and enjoy her time with the only man she truly adores: Graham. No matter that the part charmer, part scoundrel has absolutely no designs on her! Sophie is content to engage Graham ...more
Published April 29th 2008 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Duke Most Wanted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Duke Most Wanted

Ann Keller
I really enjoyed reading this historical novel. This is the story of Sophie Blake, a quiet, bookish woman with few matrimonial prospects. Her cousins clearly outshine her in beauty and one of them surely will win the prize - obtaining the family's fortune by marrying a duke. So, Sophie is content to enjoy her remaining time with her friend, Lord Graham Cavendish, a lesser son apparently determined to pursue the ladies, drink and gamble as much as he can. That is, until Graham inherits his father ...more
Laurie
Jun 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Limau Nipis
I am fond of Sophie, when I first read Celeste's story in The Duke Next Door. I find her bookish, plain and just enjoying life as it is.

But when I picked this up, I was wondering, my can't the hero, Graham sees Sophie for herself, when he knows her as just plain Sophie, not the enigmatic Sophie who changed her appearance later. I feel that if the writer has taken the effort to make us connect to the plain Sophie, I would enjoy the story more. I find her turning to beautiful Sophie a tad sour, pe
Amy
50% in - What an asshole. The H insults the h, tells her she's a plain country bumpkin who he took pity on. He never apologized. He didn't even have to grovel. Instead, the next scene has her hunting him down and finding him with another woman who the H thinks is "tainted". Which makes him a slut shaming asshole and a hypocrite since he had no issue taking her as a lover before the h had her makeover. The h snatches the other woman's wig off and threatens to kick her ass. Then, after the ow runs ...more
Book Binge
I was browsing my library for an audiobook to listen to on my commute and came across Duke Most Wanted. If I’ve read Bradley before, I don’t remember it. It’s the third in the series, but I don’t feel like I missed anything by skipping the first two. I really enjoyed this book. It was a lot of fun. It even had a plot twist at the end I didn’t see coming, something that rarely happens with me.

Sophie Blake’s grandfather secretly willed his entire fortune to the first of his granddaughter’s to marr
Missy
Shorter than the first two books in the series. It was okay. I wouldn't recommend reading this series out of order.
Amellialucille
Nov 03, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
oh lord, this was a freaking mess.. Had to skim through it
Elis Madison
Sir Hamish Pickering died a couple generations ago, but not before making a ridiculous will. He somehow had scads of money (dumb must've paid well in those days), and his will settles twiddle on his female descendants and even less than twiddle on the males—unless…

The first female descendant who marries a duke, or marries a guy who eventually becomes a duke, inherits the whole bundle. And if anybody speaks of the terms of the will outside the family, the money goes to pay the fines of smugglers
The_Book_Queen
Passion, intrigue, mystery, and love. You'll find all of these and more in the pages of Duke Most Wanted. Celeste Bradley does a wonderful job at once again bringing to life a set of characters that readers will want to learn more about-- and not just the main characters either. In fact, as much as I enjoyed seeing Graham and Sophie falling for each other, I think the side story of two of the servants, John and Patricia's love was just as entertaining, if only a bit more brief in length.

Althoug
Rachel Rogers
Yet another series where I start at the end. I won't be pursuing the rest of the trilogy. I really liked the initial premise of this book. The resolution of all the plotlines was GREAT!

Some Spoilers

The story begins with the flash to Sir Pickering's will, detailing that since none of his daughters married a duke, he leaves his 15,000 pounds in a trust for which ever grand or great grand-daughter does marry a man in this station. If no one does then it goes to charity.

Enter Sophie, the clumsy, boo
TINNGG
Jun 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
3.5 actually. I debated on giving it a higher score but there was one little thing that was central to this book yet came out of nowhere. And...there was something else that I found...off.

Ok, the previous two books were about cousins. There were three cousins. Their mothers were sisters. Sometimes, if the gene pool is mixed enough, siblings don't look precisely alike but these sisters had a Scottish father. The cousins didn't look alike. Ok, I can sort of understand that but... our h, described
Roberta
Aug 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: regency, fiction, romance
I enjoyed this book more than I should have. Grandfather writes a will leaving the bulk of his estate to the first of his three granddaughters to marry a duke. Twenty years later, two of the granddaughters are married, one of those almost sure to get the money by having married someone in line for dukedom. Sophie, the third granddaughter(stick thin, tall, glasses, ginger hair) develops a tendre for her third cousin, who is (of course) a handsome rake who is totally out of her league.

The plots a
J.D. Stroube
I was surprised to find that I truly loved this book.

It was the first book I read from this author, and I did not have high expectations.

Many romance authors can be drab and boring. However, Celeste Bradley used wit to lighten the mood. She also did not revolve the entire book around lovemaking.

I hate it when every other page is spent on intercourse.

This book was great, because it built up to its sexual potential, while concentrating on the relationship between the characters.

I recommend this
L8blmr
Apr 24, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have really enjoyed my spurt of getting reacquainted with this author. This book started with a familiar theme for historical romances - "plain" girl is friend of rake and falls for him; rake becomes heir to a title; someone transforms plain girl so rake notices, but now he needs money; and so on. However, a nice little curve ball was thrown in that took the tale in yet another direction before reaching its inevitable HEA.

Someday, when I finally finish plowing through my TBRs more or less alph
Nisha
Jul 13, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: lovers of comedic regency romance
Cute story with a crazy little twist at the end. I didn't expect it and I first thought that it would be detracting. Obviously, I was wrong. Still, the twist caused some issues for me in believing Sophie's character and upbringing.

I actually like the friends to lovers theme, so I really enjoyed this book. It would have been perfect, if it wasn't for that twist. The characters from the previous books make a nice reappearance. The humor was well delivered. I catch myself repeating lines out loud,
April
A delicious Regency read!! Engaging characters and an entertaining plot line. Nice amount of steam to keep the story popping!

They really are quite a pair! Sophie was easily my fav of the cousins!!

I love a lively historical with all the pomp and circumstance! Really enjoyable read!

A fun series.
Cathiecaffey
Nov 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the last book of a wonderful trilogy! Each time I finish one of Celeste Bradley's books, I need to read another! I loved reading the Trilogy one after another. This author's humorous writing voice is beautiful and fun to read. The romance with the h/h is so passionate and romantic. Perfect read!
stella yip
Mar 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: epub, celeste-bradley
whether or not if a family member is being blood related or not, once being adopted into the family you will be considered as a part of the family. therefore, it is correct that sadie can inherit the fortune, technically, she's is the legal granddaughter after all.
Heloise
May 27, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sophie is competing to be the first of three to marry a duke and gain a large inheritance. Only she knows she's not in the running. Liked it, want to know more about my opinion?
Ashley
Dec 23, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
its pretty okay i guess.. not really as exciting as i thought it would be. but the little twist at the end was good.. really. and the sex part was awesome. although personally i thought it was too short XP
ChloeLeeNH
May 25, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Regency Era fans
This was my favorite of the 3. Probably the only one that I will keep. I loved Graham... and I love everyone coming together at the end. There is so much to say that could give away parts of this book so I will just say it is a great ending to a great series.
Amber Gray
Apr 09, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The third in the heiress bride trilogy. It took my several tries to read this book, I'm not sure why, because once I got into the story I couldn't put it down.
I loved Graham & Sophie and it was fun seeing Deirdre again.
Kindaangelic
Aug 16, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought I was reading in order....turns out I miss a book..lol I like the plots but it does seem alot of whats read in the books seems to just show up in the book ,without any prior acknowledgement....such as Meggie and Sadie...liked the series but that just seemed to come out of left field!!
Jul 17, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book in the Heiress Bride series. I really enjoyed this one. I was cheering both characters on expecially since I had become attached to them from reading the other two books. This was a light but extremely enjoyable read.
Amanda
Aug 24, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-it
My favorite in the Heiress Bride series. I really love when a man can change...
Silly, but fun. There were some loose ends that could be left alone, but could be explored some in a future novel if Bradley wanted to.
Dancer
Jun 17, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love a true bluestocking, and Sophie Blake is just that. Graham Cavendish is a rake a reader could love.
Ceels
May 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-read
The first two did annoy me just the littlest bit, this one, not so much.
Amos
Aug 11, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Received by mail: 8-11-2010, planing to start pm 8/17/2010 acb. Finished am 8/19/2010 Verry good read. I enjoy a happy ending.
Melissa
Jan 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This was a good story, a bit of an unexpected twist at the end but it all turned out to be a happy ending.... my favorite!
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please combine 2 15 Dec 01, 2013 05:27PM
Duke most wanted review 1 27 Apr 27, 2008 04:17PM

• Tempted All Night (Neville Family, #4)
  • The Marriage Contract (Marriage, #3)
  • One Kiss From You (Switching Places, #2)
  • A Fiery Baptism
  • How to Seduce a Duke (Royle Sisters, #1)
  • Knight of Seduction
  • Mistress to Her Husband
  • A Notorious Proposition (Winter Garden #3)
  • A Matter of Scandal (With This Ring, #3)
  • His Captive Lady (Devil Riders, #2)
  • Only a Duke Will Do (School for Heiresses, #2)
  • The Accidental Countess (Accidental, #2)
  • The Romantic (Seducers #5)
  • Follow My Lead (The Blue Raven, #3)
  • The Dangerous Gentleman (Rogues of Regent Street, #1)
  • How to Treat a Lady (Talisman Ring, #3)
  • Some Like It Wild (Kincaid Highland, #2)
  • At the Duke's Pleasure (The Byrons of Braebourne, #3)
Visit me at www.CelesteBradley.com or facebook.com/CelesteBradleyAuthor :)
Go to CelesteBradley.com/newsletter for my Voice of Society newsletter.

Hi, my name is Celeste Bradley and I write "brain chocolate." That is, I write fun and sexy escapism is for hardworking women everywhere. We deserve a little man-candy, too!

Reviewers like to say I write about misfit heroines getting the man of their dream

Heiress Brides (3 books)
  • Desperately Seeking a Duke (Heiress Brides, #1)
  • The Duke Next Door (Heiress Brides, #2)