Start by marking “Devon Delaney Should Totally Know Better (Devon Delaney, #2)” as Want to Read:
Devon Delaney Should Totally Know Better (Devon Delaney, #2)

Devon Delaney Should Totally Know Better

(Devon Delaney #2)

Devon Delaney cannot believe she's lying again. But the thing is, she couldn't help it. Her new boyfriend, Luke, is talking to his (gorgeous) ex-girlfriend, Bailey Barelli (!!!), every single day in mock trial. Devon couldn't just stand by and let him find out that she'd never dated anyone else before. Could she? Oopsie. Too late now.
To show how totally unaffected she is
Published September 22nd 2009 by Aladdin (first published September 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Devon Delaney Should Totally Know Better, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devon Delaney Should Totally Know Better

Start your review of Devon Delaney Should Totally Know Better (Devon Delaney, #2)
Wsmah
Jan 03, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Summary:
The main character in this book is Devon Delaney. She has a boyfriend, Luke, and he has an ex-girlfriend, Bailey. Luke recently has started talking to Bailey. Luke and Bailey pass notes in class and they text each other. Obviously, this behavior bothers Devon very much. Devon becomes very jealous, and wants them to stop getting so close. Devon overheard Bailey talking to her best friend, Kim, about how Bailey was going to get Luke back and away from Devon because Bailey still liked him.
Joy Sallegue
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, middle-grade
Do you ever get days when you remember your high school or teenage days and you think to yourself, thank God it's over? I do.

Devon Delaney has a bad habit of lying. Does that make her a bad person? No, not really. She lies her way to the A-list table, makes up a fake boyfriend (first book) and a fake ex-boyfriend (second book, which is funny because now she's had more fake boyfriends than real ones) just so she can fit in the popular crowd. I am not trying to justify her actions but I do
Hazim
Rebecca-the same Devon Delany with her lies. She is so funny.
Jasmine S.
This book is about a girl named Devon Delaney and how she tries to make her boyfriend, Luke, jealous. Devon gets jealous that Luke and his ex-girlfriend, Bailey, are getting closer. Then, she overheard Bailey talking to a girl named Kim and saying that she wants to get Luke back. To continue, Devon gets so envious that she even go to the extent of joining mock trial just to make sure that Luke and Bailey aren't together. Furthermore, lies to Luke that she had many ex-boyfriends and that none of ...more
Crystal
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was really goodI would definitely recommend reading it was just as good or maybe even better than the first book. ...more
Samantha
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Devon Delaney has a problem. She has a MAJOR issue, and that is lying-to-all-her-friends-about-anything-boyfriend-related. Also, she is SUPER protective of her boyfriend, and while she says she wants to be mature about letting him have girl friends in his life, she so doesn't trust any of them. Yes, she's a middle-schooler, but honestly? I feel like she needs to avoid this boyfriend drama and get her own issues sorted out first.
Thankfully, she finally came clean, and miraculously, the ending
Selina Ma
Jan 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 8th-grade
Sandra Stiles
Nov 11, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-grades
Devon Delaney has a problem, she constantly feels the need to lie. Each lie must be covered by another until things eventually backfire. Devon has done it once again. She has a boyfriend named Luke. Luke's old girlfriend Bailey wants him back and will do whatever it takes to win. Devon is jealous and trying to keep up with Bailey so she creates a former ex-boyfriend. Now Bailey insists on meeting him. Devon's world of lies comes crashing down as you can expect. I loved this book. The lesson to ...more
Amber Jade
This book I would recommend to anyone out there who is having trouble with their life of being a teen. Devon Delaney really gets jealous when her boyfriends ex is the new "thing" in school. Lexi her best friend is still there to support her.Friends are the only thing you need when you are going through a situation like that.
Minken
May 08, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual rating: 3,5 stars

I read the first Devon Delaney book when I was her age and I loved it. Now I've read the second book and I'm almost seventeen. Honestly it wasn't as good when I was more mature. But still it was nice and nostalgic. It was a nice light read with lovable characters. Greg/Ryan/Corbin/Ethan was really cool and funny, too. Give him a chance and you'll end up loving him.
Claire
Jun 28, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
it was pretty good. I kinda liked it but it was kind of the same as the last one. she lies and makes a mistake and then everything gets really bad and then in the end its all back to normal. Again, it was okay but not the best.
Julia
Jan 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
It is definitely not as good as the first one, but it is still really good!!!! I also want to read the last one, I think it is called The Melting Of Maggie Bean.
Morgan
Dec 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ANOTHER GREAT DEVON DELANEY BOOK! - FINISHED IT IN 1 NIGHT!!! Love it - seriously EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ IT!!!
Kayla (booksandbloomies)
I dont remember much from when I read this but I know I really enjoyed it
Estefani
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really do like this book! Probably the first book that really showed me how good books are!
Kyra
Jul 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book! Luke was very nice, Devon was annoying, and bailey was annoying and rude. I would've given this book a 5/5 stars, but I didn't expect the ending and the relationship between Devon and Luke was off and on. Devon said in the book that you shouldn't lie to your boyfriend, and that there relationship was filled with "no lies" but yet Devon lied to Luke saying she had an ex boyfriend. I seriously wanted to grab Devon and shake her, yelling "STOP LYING TO LUKE AND YOUR ...more
Sabrine
Jun 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Here Devon goes Again! Greg? Really!? That name for her fake boyfriend sounds like the name of a Grandpa! LOL! This book was so amazingly cute though (and by cute I mean the cute boy Luke!) Luke is just so amazing because he is totes there for Devon. He also tells her how much he likes her not Bailey. I'm like Awww! I also love the inseparable trio of Lexi, Mel, and Dev. They are just such a perfect group of three! I hope this situation happens to me in 8th grade this year! So many beautiful and ...more
Erin H.
Dec 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
12/28/10

Since I have read the book that comes before this in the series about Devon Delaney I can't wait to read this book as soon as I can get it!!

1/8/11

Devon has made up another lie that she made up in a sticky situation!!!!!

I highly reccomend this book, however you should read the book that comes before it, The Secret Identity of Devon Delaney. (The Parker library has it.)

1/12/11

I finished the ebook last night and I loved it!!!! At the end, Devon told the truth to her boyfriend and
Tamara
Ack. Apparently thought I had read this before but actually no way I finished last time. Because this time I literally threw the book on the floor and quit for the night because I could smell a plot twist that I knew was going to make me want to kill the narrator. Of course, it's ditzy middle-grade, and that's acceptable and even positive, and I actually realized I can teach some great discussion stuff out of this book. And it's also a nice break from six months of GRRM.
Chelsea
Oct 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
if u think u r having boyfriend troubles its not the end of the world. ive read the frist book, the secret identidy of devon delany a yr or so ago andi just read this book (the second one) and devon had more fake bf than real ones. and she probably felt like it was the end of the world troughout the second book cuz it was a wreck with a guy who didnt even exist. i hope im not giving to much info. but it is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chelsea
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another exciting book by Lauren Barnholdt. Readers get to continue the gripping story of Devon as she grapples with insecurities, boys, and growing up. The author does a great job of making sure each chapter ends with a mild cliff so readers want to keep going. Characters are distinct and never act out of turn. With humor and situational comedy this book is a fun read for anyone.
Michelle Wrona
Dec 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To me, this one was better than the first edition of the books! I was mad that Luke was flirting with Bailey! Devon totally deserves him because of all the drama she had to go through. This time, I'm not going to give out any spoilers, you need to read it to find out my lovelies. :)
Sarah W.
Better than those Candy Apple books I used to read in sixth grade. Found this in seventh, on a Justice for Girls (the clothing store) shelf, so you can tell the demographic. Probably satisfactory for those 12-14.
Moon
Really good!I actually like this a teensy bit more than the first book but I'm not sure.I hope there's going to be a third one!
Faith Fietsam
Dec 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was good and is the sequal to the secert identity of devon delany
Valeria
Oh my fucking gosh. I did not know there was another book in the series. Will try to get it.
Julia
May 31, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun , and exciting story
Caylee
Sep 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
lOVED THIS BOOK TWO!
Kerri
Dec 10, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick fun easy read for younger ya readers.

• The Art of Not Breathing
  • Between Us and the Moon
  • The Truth about Truman School
  • Summer State of Mind (Whispering Pines, #2)
  • Ruby Reinvented
  • Oh. My. Gods. (Oh. My. Gods., #1)
  • The Grass Is Always Greener (Belles, #3)
  • Goddess Boot Camp (Oh. My. Gods., #2)
  • VIP: I'm With the Band
  • Winter White (Belles, #2)
  • VIP: Battle of the Bands
  • Just for Fins (Fins, #3)
  • Belles (Belles, #1)
  • Solving Zoe
  • Forgive My Fins (Fins, #1)
  • Slammed (Slammed, #1)