Start by marking “I Wonder Why Whales Sing: and Other Questions About Sea Life” as Want to Read:
I Wonder Why Whales Sing: and Other Questions About Sea Life

I Wonder Why Whales Sing: and Other Questions About Sea Life (I Wonder Why)

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  27 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Which fish has binoculars? Why do crabs run sideways? Children will love to discover the answers to these and many more questions about life in the seas and oceans.
Published April 29th 2008 by Kingfisher (first published May 10th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about I Wonder Why Whales Sing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Wonder Why Whales Sing

ESF Tsing Yi
The "I Wonder Why" series are aimed at slighter older than our kindergarten children, as they have detailed information sections. However, they're great for sharing as they are full of interesting illustrations, and because they model asking and answering questions. They're great to demonstrate how we can use books to find information, and for reading together. This series would be great for at home reading also.
Hannah Morrison
A very neat book that teaches children difficult information in an understandable way. It is just an informational book and would be referenced as so in class, but I have found that children gravitate toward these types of books. There are beautiful illustrations accompanying the text which aids childrens' comprehension even further. We just finished an ocean themed art unit in school- this book would have been a huge help!
Ryan
Apr 25, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
They speak together by useing a strange voice. we can't understand it.
Cait
Dec 01, 2014
Angi Turner
Oct 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

I Wonder Why (1 - 10 of 40 books)
  • I Wonder Why Lemons Taste Sour: and Other Questions About the Senses
  • I Wonder Why Kangaroos Have Pouches: And Other Questions About Baby Animals
  • I Wonder Why Fish Grew Legs: And Other Questions About Prehistoric Life
  • I Wonder Why Stalactites Hang Down and Other Questions About Caves (I wonder why series)
  • I Wonder Why There's a Hole in the Sky: and Other Questions About the Environment
  • I Wonder Why Snakes Shed Their Skins: And Other Questions about Reptiles
  • I Wonder Why Mountains Have Snow on Top: and Other Questions About Mountains
  • I Wonder Why Greeks Built Temples: and Other Questions About Ancient Greece (I Wonder Why)
  • I Wonder Why Castles Had Moats: and Other Questions About Long Ago