Start by marking “The Ghost and Mr. Moore” as Want to Read:
The Ghost and Mr. Moore

The Ghost and Mr. Moore

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  52 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
When a famous child actor, Dexter Moore, leaves Hollywood and moves to Provincetown, MA, with his daughter and his longtime housekeeper, he doesn't expect to find that his new house is haunted. And especially not with the ghost of a strong, virile young sea captain who looks like Hugh Jackman and makes love like no other living man Dexter has known.
But Dexter must deal wi
Published October 22nd 2009 by Ravenous Romance

To ask other readers questions about The Ghost and Mr. Moore, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ghost and Mr. Moore

Felicia (Ferishia)
Mar 11, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: pr-ghost
Nov 12, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: gay-paranormals
I really, really wanted to like this book. I read the summary that was provided here at GoodReads and liked the premise: Single gay dad, ghost, romance, small town politics, rebuilding a life. It had potential. The problem is that the summary told the whole story. Dexter, the main character, leaves Hollywood with his daughter and heads to the east coast. He buys a beautiful home that is haunted, meets a local that gets him involved in a local political issue, his ex-bf loses his money and Dexter ...more
Roger Hyttinen
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbt-ghost
When I was a kid, I fell in love with an old television movie (and the subsequent television series) entitled “The Ghost and Mrs. Muir” about a woman who purchases an old house that is haunted by the ghost of a Sea Captain. So I was delighted when I recently stumbled across the book entitled “The Ghost and Mr. Moore” by Ryan Field — a modern tongue-in-cheek gay retelling of the original movie. Mr. Field has written several other books in a similar vein (parodies of popular films), and I’ve enjoy ...more
A.B. Gayle
Dec 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelf-32
I took a while to get to know and like Dexter, but once I did I really liked this book. Maybe because I liked the original concept so much. Who wouldn't? The book is great for a number of reasons. The sex is hot. The Captain is suitably the perfect stud, and Dexter, the ex-child actor narrator has a delightful turn of bitchiness, especially when describing other people and their clothes. Here's a couple of great examples:
Fred must have been about ten years younger. He had darker hair with grayin
Sep 08, 2010 rated it it was ok
I did not find this book remotely romantic. I've read other books where there's a romance with a ghost that were very romantic. This book wasn't one of them. I just found the main character, Dexter pathetic and desperate. I found captain Lang creepy and under developed. The only redeeming characters in the book were the secondary ones, I loved Brighton and Marion. I just couldn't buy that Dexter was passing over chances for a normal healthy relationship for a ghostly obsessive one. Even the 'hap ...more
fun quick read. only a couple of quibbles
1. proofreading in the beginning missed a few misnames--Dexter is referred to as Michael
2.personally i don't think enough time was allowed to drive from P'town to Logan Airport but thats me or it could have been made clearer how early they had to get up to be there to allow enough time for TSA and their procedures.
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
As I love the movie The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, I was intrigued after reading the blurb for The Ghost and Mr. Moore. I was not disappointed. This is a great story, tongue-in-cheek at times, serious at others, but entertaining all the way through. A ghost story set around love and determination to make it work even when everything seems impossible. A fun read from beginning to end.
May 09, 2010
Dec 31, 2010
Jan 14, 2011
Apr 24, 2014
Mar 21, 2014
rated it did not like it
Oct 03, 2012
Feb 01, 2011
Dec 08, 2009
Oct 05, 2011
Alp Mortal
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story was exquisitely crafted. One of my favourite stories by Ryan.
Sep 20, 2011
Apr 04, 2014
Mar 15, 2012
T.D. Mckinney
Feb 13, 2010
Ryan @ryanfield Hybrid author of over 100 published modern romance novels and stories, including AN OFFICER AND HIS GENTLEMAN, FANGSTERS, THE RAINBOW DETECTIVE AGENCY and best selling VIRGIN BILLIONAIRE SERIES. (The profile photo isn't very good, but it's really me and it's recent from 2017. I'm not supposed to be a photographer. )
View my complete profile