Start by marking “Batman: Featuring Two-Face and the Riddler” as Want to Read:

Batman: Featuring Two-Face and the Riddler

3.43  ·  Rating details ·  88 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Published in 1995.
Published August 1st 1995 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Batman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Batman

Batman by Alan MooreBatman by Frank MillerBatman by Jeph LoebBatman by Frank MillerBatman by Grant Morrison
Best of Batman
434 books — 779 voters
Six of Crows by Leigh BardugoVicious by V.E. SchwabPrince of Thorns by Mark  LawrenceThe Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar WildeKing of Thorns by Mark  Lawrence
Villain Protagonist
251 books — 271 voters

More lists with this book...

Mizuki
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic, great
This short stories collection helps us looking into the origin stories of both Two-Face and the Riddler:

Two-Face (do you know he was originally called 'Harvey Kent'?) has such a sad story of being disfigured and abandoned by his wife (sometime she is called Grace, but more commonly Gilda), right from the start; whilst the Riddler has this rather hilarious setup of not being able to commit a crime without leaving a riddle for Batman!? Hahaha!

The first four or five stories are from decades ago (19
Mike
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A collection of Two-Face and Riddler stories published as a tie-in with the movie "Batman Forever." It includes the first appearances of both characters, which are historically interesting, but read like the 1940's era stories they are. Another Riddler story from the 60's is included, and is fairly forgettable.

The two gems of the collection are "Original Sins," the 1989 Batman villain special issue of Secret Origins, and "Eye of the Beholder," the 1990 Batman Annual. Collectively, these are stil
Bearded_Brewer
Jul 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sequential-art
This was a nice collection of stories regarding the origins of two of Batman's foes, Two-face and the Riddler. I appreciated the reprinted issues that introduced both characters, despite how campy they were. It was interesting to read. The later written stories were interesting and provided a nice contrast or expansion to the original origin stories.
I admit that I always thought Two-Face was a slightly amusing character, but realy didn't like the Riddler much. This collection gave me a better p
Jamie (TheRebelliousReader)
3 stars. This was such a great collection dealing with the origin stories of both Two-Face and The Riddler. The stories were great, especially the very last one, and the artwork throughout was really good. I think my main issue was that I don't think it was split fairly between the two. There was definitely more emphasis on Two-Face than on Riddler which is unfortunate because I found them both equally fascinating. I also didn't really care for the random Penguin story that came out of nowhere a ...more
Lucas
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
The Riddler is now and will probably always be my favorite Batman villain. That being said, I am happy to report that the Riddler comics assembled in this book are really good. A little corny, sure, but classic and entertaining. (Besides, I like corny.) Now, I can't say I'm as big of a fan of the Two-Face comics. I found them to be very predictable and somewhat cliche. However, if you're a fan of the Riddler (or if you'd like to see Two-Face's origin stories in one collection,) it's definitely w ...more
Jdetrick
The Riddler and Two-Face are among the most intriguing characters in Batman's Rogues' Gallery and well worth a book spotlighting them. It's somewhat disappointing that almost all of the stories this volume contains are origin stories, but they are fascinating origin stories, and well worth a read. Plus, there's very rare Neil Gaiman superhero work here, and that's always a treat!
Xander Kennedy
Jun 29, 2009 rated it really liked it
I have read only Neil Gaiman's entries "Original Sins" & "When is a Door." They really oporate as one story with the second half being much more interesting. A candid interview with the Riddler. Very well done! Full of a type of humor I very much appreciate (although he did just a riddle that he also used in MirrorMask).
Ralph
Feb 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
A nice mix of older Batman stories about the 2 villains and new stories that reinvented them for that era. It finishes with the reprinted story from Batman Annual #14 which holds sentimental value to me as it was one of the 1st Batman comics I ever bought.
Katie
Mar 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
You just can't beat the classic cheesy Batman stories.
Matt Mazenauer
Jun 27, 2007 rated it it was amazing
A great cross section of the histories of Riddler & Two-Face. Luckily, I can enjoy both the good ones and the laughably bad old ones in this.
J.R.
Sep 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
So naturally the early stories are cheesy and hard to take seriously, but the later ones, especially the Twoface tale, is remarkable. Wish they had went with more of it for the Dark Knight.
Gilberto Mariscal
Oct 25, 2009
Courtney
Apr 26, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
Mark Waid (born March 21, 1962 in Hueytown, Alabama) is an American comic book writer. He is best known for his eight-year run as writer of the DC Comics' title The Flash, as well as his scripting of the limited series Kingdom Come and Superman: Birthright, and his work on Marvel Comics' Captain America.
More about Mark Waid