Start by marking “Star Quality” as Want to Read:

3.71  ·  Rating details ·  927 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews

Meet three people with a little something special whose love lives are about
to turn wild, crazy, sensual, and oh-so-hot. Blame it on the moon? Sure. But
who's complaining, anyway...

New York Times bestselling author Lori Foster Once in a Blue
Moon
It's all because of that stupid blue moon. That's what Stan Tucker
thinks as he walks through Delicious, Ohio, sud

Published December 1st 2008 by Kensington (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Star Quality, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Quality

Cindy
Sep 04, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A 3 story paranormal anthology about a blue moon event in Delicious, Ohio. A town that plays up it's apple trees.

Lori Foster - 4 stars. Protected sex. A good LF story. Stan can read other people's thoughts every full moon, but when it's a BLUE moon they come through with a vengeance! Good thing, because Jenna wasn't ever planning on letting him know she has the hots for him. The end was the typical, I love you - marry me. It would have made the story better if they got to know each other for
Lady Lioness
I did my usual breakdown of each novella in this anthology, but on the whole, I have to say that this book reads as dated. It's primarily the technology level. Monroe's hero carries a 'Palm Pilot' and the hero in Castell's uses a camera with real film. I know I'm probably more tech-y than most, but it threw me out of the story a bit.

"Once in a Blue Moon" by Lori Foster: I really liked the premise and the emotional currents running through the novella, but I didn't think the execution was quite
R.G.
Jan 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Each short story was so different even if they were all in the apparently very magical town of Delicious, Ohio… my favorite part about all these stories is they deal with normal people… it’s not 20 somethings with perfect bods and apparently never ending flow of cash so they can run around and do whatever they way… with Foster and Castell’s the main women are 40 or over… and all the women have normal lives and families and woes… and some blue moon problems… they’re light and fun and so sweet as ...more
Library
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Hmmmm. Three stories about a lunar event and the title focuses on stars?!? So many allusions to the moon would have been better.

ONCE IN A BLUE MOON by Lori Foster

I understand that the blue moon contributes to the uniqueness of this novella but too much time was spent focusing on it and sex which detracted from any romance in the story.

MOON MAGNETISM by Lucy Monroe

An interesting idea of mind reading in conjunction with lunar cycles but entirely too much debate on the morality of it rather than
L
Apr 23, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once in a Blue Moon - 4 stars
Another fun Lori Foster read. Too short but great. I liked Stan and liked that he was the one reading her mind and making all the moves. Older characters and some hot sexual tension.

Moon Magnetism - 3 stars
Cute, interesting concept, but actually glad it was a short story cause it would have gotten too confusing otherwise. I liked Blake - sounded yummy!

Moonstruck - 2 stars
This one was so-so...could have been an interesting concept but it went too far... wishes could
Angie
Mar 11, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I mostly liked these stories, but they were just too short. It had a little bit of fun stuff...blame it on the blue moon...but still gave you plenty of male/female interaction. I know these were short stores, but it seemed like they jumped into everything so soon and left you wanting a little more. While I enjoyed this set, I think I might stick to the longer stories just to get more bang for my buck. Ha! I really didn't not mean to make that play on words, but I guess it works either way. If yo ...more
Lady Raven RAVE!
Basically everybody has said what i'm feeling about this book it was a good book i love all 3 but i really really like the first one...
great book to keep for your collection you will not be disappointed

Join my book group on Facebook (Romance Novel Junkies) and fan page (Romance Novel Junkies Book Reviews). We have over 500 members, which includes well known and indie authors and avid readers as members, who are apart of this group. We would love to hear about new books and thoughts. Also check o
Missy Jane
May 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love romances set in small towns, especially anthologies where the characters are connected. In this one three different couples in Delicious, Ohio are struck by the blue moon. All three stories are great romances with interesting characters. My favorite was Lori Foster's Once in a Blue Moon.
My only real complaint is the heroine in Dianne Castell's Moonstruck. She made a couple of boneheaded decisions but everything turned out well in the end.
Amy
Apr 13, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was pretty meh. I've really liked what Lori Foster that I've read, but this one was a bit too sentimental and sappy. I know, it's a romance novel, but it lacked the zest of her earlier ones. I usually really like anything that deals with the moon and it's powers and magic and whatnot, but this wasn't that great.
Zoe
Usually Lori Foster and Lucy Monroe are fantastic, but these stories were just ...eh. Unfortunately, the last story was full of flaws for me - from the dialogue being disjointed and hard to attribute to which character was speaking to just unlikely insta-love, it was more annoying than cute.
Adriana

Once in a Blue Moon by Lori Foster
3 Stars-I enjoyed this short story.

Moon Magnetism by Lucy Monroe
3 Stars-I enjoyed this short story.

Moonstruck by Dianne Castell
It was okay.
Tammy Pickens
Sep 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun stories about the full moon.
Gee
Shelves: scpl, romance, fantasy
read 01.21.07
Sandy
Jun 26, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Too brief; I would prefer full-length novels but you get what you buy/borrow. Not much to say because of the briefness. I don't think the stories were fully developed because of this. 2/5 stars.
Fay Ann Hollcroft
Oct 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: foster-lori
Some really cool LOVE fantasy stories.
Ltlmer2
Oct 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good short reads

I liked all the characters and the fact that they were a little older.
Sneha
Sep 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful stories! Short,sassy and sexy!!
Karol
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: not-recommended
Once in a Blue Moon - Lori Foster
Moon Magnetism - Lucy Monroe
Moonstruck - Dianne Castell
Erika
Jul 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed all three stories! Would definitely read this book again : )
Di
Jun 11, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: just-okay
story 1 & 2 were ok, but number 3, was utter crap.
Tabatha
It was a good book but I dont really have much to say about it
La
Nancy
Feb 03, 2013
Patty McKenna Van Hulle
Jul 24, 2015
  • 3 Brides for 3 Bad Boys (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #2)
  • Hot Chocolate (Winston Brothers, #1)
  • Bad Boys with Red Roses
  • Bad Boys Next Exit (Men of Rogues Hollow, #2)
  • Bad Boys in Kilts (Chisholm Brothers #1)
  • Bad Boys Over Easy
  • Beach Blanket Bad Boys
  • Bad Boys Down Under
  • Bad Boys Southern Style
  • Texas Bad Boys
  • Rough Around the Edges
  • Santa, Baby

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro
More about Lori Foster...