Start by marking “Double Take: One Fabulous Recipe, Two Finished Dishes, Feeding Vegetarians and Omnivores Together” as Want to Read:

2.55  ·  Rating details ·  22 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
100 recipes that feed vegetarians and omnivores together.
Published February 17th 2010 by Harvard Common Press (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Double Take, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Take

Rachel
Jul 05, 2011 rated it it was ok
I gave it this review based on no pictures (minus the cover) and very basic not very creative recipes. I would only make about 4 recipes in this book.
Ana Mardoll
Apr 25, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ana-reviewed
Double Take / 978-1-55832-424-4

I really wanted to like this cookbook, but I just can't. Even my vegetarian friends who love cooking and are always eager for new cookbooks just didn't like this one at all.

1. No pictures. This is a huge deal for me - I've gotten to the point where I almost won't buy a cookbook if it doesn't have pictures of at least a third of the recipes. "Double Take" has no pictures at all. This isn't just an issue of wanting to flip through and find something appetizing - it'
Robert Beveridge
Jeremy Holt and A. J. Rathbun, Double Take: One Fabulous Recipe, Two Finished Dishes – Feeding Vegetarians and Omnivores Together (Harvard Common Press, 2010)

My family is, culinarily, about as dysfunctional as it gets. I am a pescetarian who'll eat pretty much anything. My daughter is a vegetarian who doesn't eat most exotic vegetables. My wife is an omnivore, but a picky one. Family dinners are, to say the least, a hassle, not to mention generally unhealthy (since the only commonality is pasta,
Steven Peterson
Jan 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
The concept here is pretty intriguing. I am getting more pressure for vegetarian dishes from my family. This book looks like it might be a nice way of linking vegetarians to more traditional meat eaters. The book's purpose is laid out early (Page 1): "'Double Take' is a book in which all the recipes... are for one master dish, but you end up with servings for both meat-eaters and vegetarians. . . ."

One example. I just made the "Mighty Mac and Cheese" recipe. First off, it was tasty. Second, I ha
Kristi
Jan 08, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
It can be difficult to get people to agree on a meal, but when you put vegetarians and omnivores together, it is near impossible at times to please everyone. Double Take attempts to bridge the gap and bring common meals for both in one recipe. With just a couple substitutions, dishes can be prepared for both vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. From appetizers to soups to entrees, A.J. Rathbun and Jeremy Holt bring both of these lifestyles to the table.

Full review at: http://booksyarnink.blogspot.
Rhiana
Mar 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbook
Feeding meat eaters and vegetarian's at the same table is always a dilemma. This book has an excellent solution with recipes that are pleasing to both palates

Read more at Suite101: Double Take by Rathbun and Holt: A Vegetarian Cookbook That Works for Meat Eaters Too http://vegetarian-cookbooks.suite101....
Aug 31, 2012
Bobbie
Jul 17, 2010
Shari
Mar 18, 2013
Manintheboat
May 24, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2010
Relies heavily on fake meat.
Shannon