Start by marking “The Magician's Way: What It Really Takes to Find Your Treasure” as Want to Read:
The Magician's Way: What It Really Takes to Find Your Treasure

The Magician's Way: What It Really Takes to Find Your Treasure

Mark Vale is besieged by financial and marital turmoil when he meets a group of contemporary alchemists. They take him on an astonishing journey and teach him to transform difficult situations into golden opportunities.

Mark learns from wonderfully unlikely characters, from a billionaire to a beautiful topless waitress, and manifests an enormous financial windfa
Published October 1st 2009 by New World Library (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Magician's Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Magician's Way

Start your review of The Magician's Way: What It Really Takes to Find Your Treasure
Rose
May 31, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Longer than a parable, but with the same feel – The Magician’s Way by William Whitecloud teaches the reader about the seven secrets of magic – or ways to lead a happy life.

The story follows Mark Vale as he lost his way caught up in the day-to-day activities of life. We find him when he wakes up in the storm of his life. His business is failing, his marriage is suffering, they moved from the city to the country looking for happiness and finding it was way more work than they planned. Reall
Karri-ann Flater
The first 50 pages and the last 50 pages of this book really resonated with me. There are some incredibly insightful nuggets on how to think outside your "swing circle". Ways that you can draw from life's higher energy and create magic to move your life in the direction of passion and abundance.

The middle, however, is a schmozzle of old boy's club drama. When the details of an evening full of steak, boxing, booze, yachts and naked ladies began to unfold (and go on and on and on), I b
Shane
Mar 05, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
Why is it that so many self-help gurus who’ve monetised the message that ‘there isn’t anything in life you can’t do’ (more or less) contradict themselves by producing embarrassingly bad book-length narratives? The Magician’s Way reminded me vaguely of Carlos Castaneda – seasoned magicians repeatedly test naïve apprentice – but lacked the resonance of his Don Juan chronicles. As with Castaneda, I couldn’t distinguish fact from fiction, due to the at times surreal content. But, unlike Castaneda (who ...more
Paige Wilcox
Some interesting ideas, but ultimately poorly executed. Much of the content was alienating for a female reader, and in parts incredibly offensive. I would recommend skipping this in favour of another on the topic.
Carolyn
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: metaphysical
While the story was a little over-dramatic at times, I enjoyed the reveal of the seven secrets as they related to his struggle. I think this is one I will read over and over again so I can really imbed these secrets into my life.
Mala
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was excited to read this, and I loved the concept but I found it to be full of cliches and whilst the underlying message of magic resonated I didn’t relate to how it was conveyed. I felt like I needed to be in a boy’s club for it to land.
Apoorva Kumar
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's a great book, a good proper and practical version of the book Secret by Rhonda Byrne.
Ruby
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It was like The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari mixed with The Secret
Timmy Tiger
Aug 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
I rate this book highly, because, despite its obvious over-simplification of the values it champions, it contains a particular methodology that is easy to attempt and develop, and practice with success.

The method, covered early on in the book, which I'll abridge as 'imagine the worst thing that can happen and accept it in order to disarm negative psychological and physiological constraints when negotiating challenges', is surprisingly powerful, and one that I have successfully employed for impo
Tami
Nov 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
It seems as though Mark Vale’s dream is crumbling. He thought he could have the best of both worlds, live in the country and make big city money. Then, reality hit. The upkeep of the house was hard work and the money dried up.

At his lowest point, a friend sent him for a golf lesson. Mark hated golf but he was assured that this lesson would be exactly what he needed. Indeed, what he’d learn that day would completely change Mark’s life.

The Magician’s Way presents seven secrets of manifesting a m
Lorna Collins
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: consciousness
Dont let the title of the book put you off. This is a simple tale about thinking about things differently. About getting rid of those self-imposed blockages that prevent you from really enjoying and experiencing the life you want.

I read the book in about 2 days so it is an accessible book. I completely recognised myself in the character of Mark Vale who has gone through life giving up his power to others and subjugating his passions because he thinks he should. And because he doesnt
Taisha Rucker
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved the book but don't know if I can adequately review it in a helpful way for others. It is a book that found its way to me at the right time.

The message isn't anything I didn't already know but offered a poignant and kick in the butt reminder to live what I know.

It's discussion about the Magician and having courage reminded me of Carlos Castaneda's, The Teachings of Don Juan. That was the Warrior's Way. This is the Magician's Way. The ultimate way of each is to live a life worth living.
Roy Mears
Dec 08, 2013 rated it liked it
This turned out to be quite an enjoyable and educational read. Easy to read, allegorical style, that is paced well and informative while not preaching. And valid lessons for the reader although it did fall away, trailing off in the final third. Of course Whitecloud hasn't a unique take on the seven secrets to creating yourself a successful life but he tells a good story and makes the read an enjoyable journey.
Megs
Oct 22, 2011 rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this book, it just didn't quite happen for me. It has some great little pearls of wisdom but it somehow manages to feel incredibly juvenile. In a way living from your heart is a simple matter of shifting your reality, however I feel that the book discounts the complexities of this journey - you can't meditate once and be enlightened. I hate to say it but it came across as the fast-food version of spirituality.
Jessica
Jul 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011-reads
I think I understood this book better this time. It's still irritating that it ends in the middle of the story. What happens to Mark? Does he patch things up with his wife? What does he do about Jilly? Once you present characters, even if you're just using them to make a point, you run the risk of someone starting to care about these fictitious people and wanting to know how things turned out for them. I guess the book ending like that is part of the point of the story.
Katharine Grubb
Jul 28, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: personalgrowth
I only got about halfway through this book before giving up. While I love the message, and totally believe in it- the story was uninteresting and alienating to me. I don't care about golf, parties or topless bars. That's as far as I got. I'll just stick to Jonathan Livingston, Seagull and be happy.
Imesha
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
FoxC
Nov 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book explains, very simply, how to stay in the 'zone' in order to get the best out of life. It's well written and the learning you get out of it is often hidden in the story, so that you barely know you're learning until you get to the end and the epiphanies start.
Nikki
Jun 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This book has a great message and was a really good reminder to me. I do feel that this book as written from a male perspective will be more suited to a male reader. Other than that it's a great book.
Seema Rani
Dec 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
Very hard to get into. I found certain concepts and points were being repeated. Ultimately the book to trying to teach about focus. I found other books more intriguing thank this. Took me ages to complete.
Richard G
Heather
An very interesting read. I learned a little more about magic.
Anna
May 14, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting read.
Sarah-star Danielwalters-wiest
I thought it started out great! I felt motivated and excited. The last chapter utterly disappointed me. In fact, the last chapter is why I won't recommend the book.
Simone Narcheska
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Loved the way the author used storytelling to present a sometimes challenging concept in an easy to understand manner.
Ivana Martin
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderfully inspiring story, beautiful philosophy. Some parts are a little long-winded but overall it is a good read and I'm convinced it will benefit my life having read this book.
Nate Rabe
Sep 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The title is a bit off putting.Magic? But it is full of very good practical life-changing knowledge. Am reading it for the second time in two weeks. 5 stars.
Azucena Coronel
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book!!!! Take the trip of reading it....its all I can say, I don't want to spoil anything ;)
Lisa
Nov 09, 2012 rated it liked it
I probably would of enjoyed this book more, if I did not read all the rave reviews, as my expectation was very high
Masood Malik
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great book that takes the reader on a journey of exploring the seven secrets of magic on how to live a fulfilled life. The principles of applied magic and living from the heart are explored in a story based setting. The seven secrets of magic allow one to transform their life from survival and protection to absolute freedom and living a life with passion. The essence of the seven secrets of magic overlaps the key subject of goal setting, and developing a passion behind the goals we set ourselv ...more

• Busting Loose from the Money Game: Mind-Blowing Strategies for Changing the Rules of a Game You Can't Win
  • True Love: A Practice for Awakening the Heart
  • Andrew Jackson and the Miracle of New Orleans: The Battle That Shaped America's Destiny
  • Thomas Jefferson and the Tripoli Pirates: The Forgotten War that Changed American History
  • Conversations with God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Book 1
  • Thunderbirds Manual 50th Anniversary Edition: TB1-TB5, Tracy Island and associated vehicles
  • Rosie Revere, Engineer
  • Radical Focus: Achieving Your Most Important Goals with Objectives and Key Results
  • Brazzaville Beach
  • Ada Twist, Scientist
  • Iggy Peck, Architect
  • Restless
  • Love is Blind
  • The Blue Afternoon
  • Active Dreaming: Journeying Beyond Self-Limitation to a Life of Wild Freedom
  • A Course in Miracles Made Easy: Mastering the Journey from Fear to Love
  • How to Eat (Mindfulness Essentials, #2)
  • The Practice Revolution
  • Business and the Buddha: Doing Well by Doing Good
  • Love You to Bits and Pieces: Life with David Helfgott
  • Piano Lessons: A Memoir
  • The Annie Effect: changing lives one run at a time - You Can Too!
  • The Success Principle