Start by marking “Storm of Visions” as Want to Read:
Storm of Visions

Storm of Visions (The Chosen Ones #1)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  4,229 Ratings  ·  226 Reviews
First in a new back-to- back series from the New York Times bestselling author Hailed as [ a star in any genre, [?(New York Times bestselling author J. R. Ward)Christina Dodd delivers an exciting new paranormal romance that introduces The Seven, a secret society created to combat evil in all its deadly forms[?]
Published August 4th 2009 by Signet Book

To ask other readers questions about Storm of Visions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Storm of Visions

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
This book has a really cool premise and takes things in a different direction from the other paranormal series right now. I really did like that about the book. However, I do feel the romance suffered because of the time that had to be spent on building the world and the lore for this new series. I really wish that Ms. Dodd had been able to preserve her excellent ability to write a great, sensual romance and still accomplish setting up this series. Normally her love scenes are fairly blistering. ...more
Alp
Jun 28, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read some of Christina Dodd books, and I always love her writing style and characters especially the heroes. But after finishing this one, I didn't know why I was a little torn between enjoyment and disappointment. Some parts of the story were extremely good, but some parts had me so frustrated. Both hero and heroine couldn't impress me as much as I expected, so I ended up giving it 3 stars.
Golfmagic
Feb 01, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
CONTAINS SPOILERS:

This book did not work for me AT ALL. The author lost me in the opening when (SPOILER OF THE FIRST CHAPTER), in the heroine's POV, we experience her terror at being stalked by a stranger. She purchases a weapon, makes it home, only to find that he is in her apartment. He hauls her into the shower, begins to rape her, she escapes to the living room where he is able to tackle her and continue his assault. And--surprise!--then the author (like, 20 pages in!) lets us in on a little
Holly
Aug 09, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: para-romance, 2009
This book tried my patience right from the very beginning. I understand that this book is loosely tied-in with Dodd's previous Dark Chosen series, but the author seemed to have just assumed that anyone reading Storm Of Visions would have been completely versed in the previous series. This being my first attempt at reading one of Dodd's books, I was completely frustrated and confused through the first 75-100 pages. There is nothing more annoying than starting a book, and feeling like you're being ...more
AH
Storm of Visions by Christina Dodd brings the reader into the world of the Chosen, specially selected people with gifts such as healing, mind control, earth powers, and most importantly, seers.

Jacqueline is a powerful seer. At the beginning of the novel, she is estranged from her mother, the charismatic Zusanne. She is brought back to join the Chosen and to take her place among them. When tragedy strikes, Jacqueline is forced on the run with the other Chosen and their guards.

I found that the sto
Carla Victor-rawson
when the world was young, twins were born,one brought dark to the world: the other, darkness & danger. They gathered others around them, men & women destined to use therie powerful gifts for good or evil. Today their decendents walk the earth as the chosen, and the ultimate battle is about to begin. This is the synopsis that got me to purchase the book ( after the cover of course )and of course Dodd writes beautifully, she always makes me want to turn the page to see what happens next.
Th
Brae
Mar 10, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was the lamest, corniest, most obnoxious book I've EVER READ. I finished it out of pure spite, hoping to find every last horrible detail (for inclusion in my review on my blog. Which, consequently, I may not even write, for the sake of being courteous). With the glowing endorsements from J.R. Ward and Lisa Klepays on the cover, my faith in the publishing industry has just taken a turn for the worse (not that it has been great, lately).

If I had to describe this book in one word, I would say
Tutti Dolci
Wow, that was disappointing. And goes to prove that just because an author is successful with one series, it DOES NOT mean that the next one will be.

This one, in my opinion, failed to engage. It was too vague, skimmed over potential for development, and not one character was worthy of loving, lusting for, or even cheering for. I felt no sense of investment in the storyline or in ANY of its characters. And what a pity because I absolutely LOVED Ms. Dodd's Darkness Chosen series.

Perhaps I was ex
Cristina
May 26, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, this isn't exactly a review. I didn't get past the first 20 or so pages. Why? Within those pages, a woman is stalked at her workplace by a mystery man. The man follows her home and breaks into her apartment, laying in wait in her bathroom. He attacks, she fights back, and the scene devolves from there...but hey, it's okay! They know each other! They used to be lovers! Sure, she said no, but she really meant yes!

I feel nauseated.
Ally
Jun 07, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
It’s time for the new Chosen Ones to take their rightful place within the Gypsy Travel Agency but now the battle they thought they wouldn’t have to face is at their doorstep. Jacqueline has been running from her gift for the past two years but now Caleb D’Angelo is determined to be back in her life and help her take her place as one of the Chosen Ones and be at her side during the fight.

I thought the prologue to this book was awesome! That when the world was young, twins were born by a vein and
Kristen
This is a Paranormal Romance Novel. It has a fresh approach to the genre basics. I really enjoyed the world building. The main characters are Jacqueline Vargha and Caleb D'Angelo. Jacqueline's adoptive mom is Zusane. Jacqueline is a Seer working at a vineyard at the opening of the book. Caleb is Zusane's bodyguard and has been working for Zusane since he was little.

In the beginning Jacqueline seemed to be a walking contradiction which was a little annoying. that being said, it was explained real
Shannon (Savhage Temptrest)
"Storm of Visions" by Christina Dodd was a good read to start the series of the Chosen Ones. It started out a bit slow, as some books do when they start a series, and laid out the story of the Chosen Ones and the Others. Basically these two groups are representations of "good" and "evil," and the Chosen Ones want to save the world while the Others want to destroy it and all of the Chosen with it.

The storyline focused on the main characters, bodyguard Caleb and Chosen seer Jacqueline. There were
Sara
Mar 02, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ellie
In one of the reviews on this site someone says that because they didn't read the darkness chosen series that she didn't know what was going on for the first 100 pages. I don't think we are suppose to clearly know what is going on. I read the darkness chosen books and I had no idea what was happening. But I really really don't think we were suppose to otherwise why would we be led to believe that the Jacqueline is nearly raped in the beginning? She did it on purpose, to add intrigue and suspense ...more
Nonieღserenity2bliss
A wonderful read! I'm genuinely surprise with how much I actually enjoyed the story. A great introduction to the series; the romance is passionate though not as steamy as other series in the same genre, the characters are easily likable especially Caleb.

However, seeing that this is the first book, the introduction to the series, there is a lot of back story being told in the story. Therefore, the romance between Caleb and Jacqueline is not the only main focus of the story. Readers will be intro
LibraryLass
More like a 3.5 but I will be generous and round it up rather than down. This premise puts me in mind of the Final prophecy books by Jessica Anderson but a lot more basic and simple.

I usually love Christina Dodd, but while I enjoyed this one there were moments where I felt they were a tad trite.

Also (and the element which dragged down the star rating), the relationship between Jacqueline and Caleb just was too neatly tied up. It just was too easy for me.

Having said all that the premise of this
Magda
Apr 25, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm only up to Chapter 6 & this book already sucks.
The heroine is being followed, she runs to her apt. & decides to search her rooms before settling in ... BUT, WAIT! She must first start stripping.
Nothing is out of order, except her shower is running.
Her first thought, I left it on this morning.
Surprise, surprise - the intruder is taking a shower.
She proceeds to stab him with some scissors & then does him.

A big WHATEVS to this book.
I love some of Christina Dodd's romances &
~Leslie~
Aug 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a re-read and I think I enjoyed it more this time around. There are still some problems with how it jumps into the story and the MC Jaqueline is quite a whiny brat in the beginning. But she comes around nicely. I appreciated when Caleb asks if she's ever going to grow up. I like the world building that Christina Dodd does in this series and the one that preceded it. It's like Avenger's meet romance! Which works for me.
Teresa Coppes
Apr 23, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
I just can't seem to get into Christina Dodd's writing, especially, the psuedo rape scenes. I've read a couple other of her books and instead of making me feel good and escaping into another world they just make me cringe.

Made it to page 122 and gave up. Was way to confusing with the hodge podge of characters thrown at me, the first "sex" scene which turned my stomach, and just overall lack of clear concise story line.

Did not like. :(
Vanessa theJeepDiva
I think this series has a ton of potential. This is the first book. The romance between Caleb & Jacqueline lacked so much because of the need to develop all the characters, background & setting for the series. There was a lot going on in this book. It is a good book & it left me wanting more. Perhaps the next book in the series will fill in that want for more now that the background development has been completed.
Rachell
Sep 14, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 05-read-in-2009
Maybe it was because I hadn't read the previous series, but I just couldn't get into the book, I didn't even read the last 20 pages or so.

The romance scenes were not believable and the humor scenes were forced. It was as though the author couldn't decide on a tone for the book and just piece milled everything together.
Kym
Aug 08, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I enjoyed Mrs. Dodd's "Darkness series", and have enjoyed her other novels. This one however was very weak to me. The best part was the intimate scenes. The story to me just lacked substance and I found I could take it or leave it. The ending was predictable and the book contained some cheesy moments to me. I will read more from Mrs. Dodd, but possibly not from this series though.
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Jan 07, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of paranormal romance
This was almost a perfect paranormal romance except that the author left me waiting for the action to begin for far too long while worldbuilding.

I read it again today in anticipation of reading the new one in the series tonight.
Ashley
Well... I liked Christina Dodd's other novels with the shifting brothers; however, I felt as if this novel was misleading a bit. I prefer if she'd focus more on the main characters instead of dragging long parts of other characters outside of the main circle.
Marina
Aug 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Contrary to some of the reviews, I really enjoyed this book. Looking forward to Storm of Shadows.
Debrac2014
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good! I recommend it!
Cyndi
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really exciting, and original. Can't wait to see where "the chosen ones" are going to go.
Tasha
I can't believe it took me a whole week to read this POS book. :P
Amyiw
The ending made it more worth reading but really this was mostly playing catch up. This is either because the author just wanted to keep us in the dark about so much, which with the rape/fake scene in the very beginning, I kind of believe this might be the case, or the series darkness chosen, explained much of the world and you need it as a lead in. I don't think the later is the case those I might read it just to see.

So with most of the aha moments being information that is thrown upon us after
Angel
May 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finished reading Storm of Visions and although I liked it somewhat, I was also disappointed with the story. The story seemed to drag, took too long to get to some action between Caleb and Jacqueline to find out and defeat the traitor, Tyler. I was not impressed with Caleb and Jacqueline, the heroes of this book. Something was missing for me to truly think of them as brave, strong and worthy of their hero status. Looking forward to the next book, Storm of Shadows and I hope it is much better an ...more
  • Dark Warrior Unbroken (Talions, #2)
  • Nightkeepers (The Nightkeepers, #1)
  • Edge Of Hunger (Primal Instinct, #1)
  • Atlantis Rising (Warriors of Poseidon, #1)
  • Devour (Institut Scientifique, #1)
  • Street Game (GhostWalkers, #8)
  • Night's Kiss (Children of The Night, #1)
  • Bound by Light (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #3)
  • Passion Untamed (Feral Warriors, #3)
  • Saving Midnight (Midnight, #6)
  • Finding the Lost (Sentinel Wars, #2)
  • Ecstasy (Shadowdwellers, #1)
  • Night Falls Darkly (Shadow Guard, #1)
  • Master of the Night (Mageverse #1)
  • Eternal Craving (Gods of the Night #2)
  • When Pleasure Rules (The Shadow Keepers, #2)
New and now!
— THE WOMAN WHO COULDN'T SCREAM: Virtue Falls Full-length Suspense #4 in hardcover, ebook and audio. RT Book Reviews Top Pick “The payoff Kateri fans have been waiting for!” Amazon Best of September, starred Library Journal review.
— THE WATCHER: A Virtue Falls Short Story, now available for purchase or free to my mailing list https://www.goodre
More about Christina Dodd...

The Chosen Ones (5 books)
  • Storm of Shadows (The Chosen Ones, #2)
  • Chains of Ice (The Chosen Ones #3)
  • Chains of Fire (The Chosen Ones #4)
  • Wilder (The Chosen Ones, #5)

“Caleb came to his mother's side and helped her to her feet. "Besides, if you rest, then I am free to make love to Jacqueline."

"Caleb!" Jacqueline had been worried she would say the wrong thing. Instead, Caleb had put his foot in it.

But obviously all the cliches she'd ever heard about Italian sons were true. He really could do no wrong, for Mrs. D'Angelo shook her finger at him--but she said indulgently, "You are incorrigible."

"Ma, I'm just trying to get going on those grandchildren you want.”
3 likes