Start by marking “Rebirth (Eternal Dungeon, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rebirth (Eternal Dungeon, #1)

Rebirth

(Eternal Dungeon #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  68 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Elsdon Taylor, a prisoner accused of committing a terrible murder. Layle Smith, a torturer with a terrible past. Their meeting in the Eternal Dungeon appears certain to bring out the worst in both men.

Yet neither man is quite what he appears. As the prisoner and his torturer begin to be drawn toward each other, the ripple effects of their meeting will have a powerful impac
Published October 2012

To ask other readers questions about Rebirth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rebirth

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Rebirth (Eternal Dungeon, #1)
Jewel
​​​
To say that this book messed with my head a bit, might be a touch of an understatement. Indeed, many parts of the story are disturbing. So, if descriptions of abuse, torture or rape trigger issues, for you, then you might want to keep on walking. Rebirth doesn't pull its punches. It is quite intense and at times, it is pretty hard to read. The main themes explored are good and evil, guilt and redemption, life and death. It's a very psychological and philosophical journey.

Rebirth has 2 distinc
M'rella
The book is incredible, even if it proved itself to be an uneasy read: I had to put it aside a few time and think about some aspects of the story before I could continue.
4.5 stars.
A.B. Gayle
Jul 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
There are a few stories around that were born as online sagas and for various reasons never went the traditional route of publishing. "Special Forces" is one, "The Administration" is another. “Eternal Dungeon” ranks right up there with them.

The book (along with the rest of The Eternal Dungeon - 400,000+ words) is obtainable from http://duskpeterson.com/#eternaldungeon

The stories that make up "Rebirth", the first volume about "The Eternal Dungeon" are dark, but that’s because they explore serious
Danny Tyran
I love this series even though I hate when authors shows sadists or masochists as truly crazy and needing the care of a psychologist (mind healer as they are called in this book).

Layle is loosing his mind. He isn't sure if he won't harm prisoners; so he takes a leave. Chr*st! Why authors always describe sadists as people unable to control themselves and their sexual urges? Not that this part of the story is not good. It gives the authors the opportunity to explain her vision of good/bad, right/w
Elaine White
Book – Rebirth (Eternal Dungeon Vol. 1)
Author – Dusk Peterson
Star rating - ★★★★★
No. of Pages – 386
Cover – Really nice. Symbolic, once you know what it means.
POV – 3rd person, multi-POV
Would I read it again – Yes!
Genre – LGBT, Historical, Fantasy, Dark Romance

** I WAS GIVEN THIS BOOK FOR MY READING PLEASURE **
Reviewed for Divine Magazine

** WARNINGS: prison, torture, rape, child abuse **

Wow! Stunning. Beautiful. Brutal.

What can I say? This book ripped my heart out and then ground it to dust, takin
Yingtai
Mar 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Will anyone ever manage to write the story of a sweet and courageous submissive helping his tormented but formidable dominant get it together? Yes, and here it is! It's hot like [cough], and soul-searing beyond romance. Yes, it is a BDSM relationship, rooted in love and compassion and consent - and somehow the realness of the dungeon setting makes it hotter without squicking me, wimpy as I am about actual torture. I know it doesn't sound possible, but it is. And this is only the beginning of an ...more
Tara Stone
Oct 24, 2009 rated it really liked it
This was a strange book. I'm not sure I could explain how without giving spoilers, because a lot of what made it so compelling was learning about the world and the characters gradually. But it's strange in a good way, not a bad way; I'd recommend it. The setting isn't like anything I've seen before, and the relationship between the two main characters is complex and fascinating.
Celia
Kurishiler
Mar 04, 2012
Azure Jones
Sep 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. I really liked it.
Anon
Adrien
Oct 24, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »

• Truth in the Dark
Honored in the Rainbow Awards, Dusk Peterson writes historical speculative fiction with diverse characters: historical fantasy, alternate history, and retrofuture science fiction. Friendship, romantic friendship, and romance often occur in the stories. Visit duskpeterson.com for e-books and free fiction.

A resident of Maryland, Mx. Peterson lives with an apprentice and several thousand books.

Eternal Dungeon (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Transformation (The Eternal Dungeon, Volume 2)
  • The Balance (The Eternal Dungeon, Volume 3)
  • On Guard (The Eternal Dungeon #4)
  • Sweet Blood (The Eternal Dungeon, Volume 5)
  • The Unanswered Question (The Eternal Dungeon)
  • Torture (The Eternal Dungeon)
  • Wax / Broken (The Eternal Dungeon)
  • Hunger (The Eternal Dungeon)
  • Never (The Eternal Dungeon)
  • Prison Food and Fondness (The Eternal Dungeon)

News & Interviews