Start by marking “The Economics of Money, Banking, and Financial Markets, Business School Edition” as Want to Read:
The Economics of Money, Banking, and Financial Markets, Business School Edition

The Economics of Money, Banking, and Financial Markets, Business School Edition

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  504 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
The historic economic events and financial crises of late 2008 have changed the entire landscape of money and banking. Having just served as Governor of the Federal Reserve, only Mishkin has the unique insider's perspective needed to present the current state of money and banking and explain the latest debates and issues for today s students.
By applying a unified analytic
Hardcover, Second Edition, 768 pages
Published July 15th 2009 by Prentice Hall (first published June 1st 1986)

Jan 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book and class. I found out that I would really enjoy investment banking. Plus, I also realized how much I like Economics. It has made me excited about getting my Master's. I am looking forward to some more Econ classes next semester.
Shere
Dec 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i think that it would be a good book and help us in our search
Bill Zhou
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: economics
Basic ideas for finance and financial market.
Waleed
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finished a course modeled around this book. It's a great primer towards building an understanding of how things are in the financial markets and the role of different stakeholders. But this book particularly shines at clearly illustrating and explaining the housing crisis, probably the best I've understood it.
My only knock against the book is not following up with the proof & derivation of some formulas to see & intuitively process why they make sense.
San San
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
A great book for people in economics field. I have read this book when I studied in university. Its take a sense of knowledge in Banking, Financial markets. This book is very usefull. I have recommended this book for my friends and all of them like it ;)
This book is the same as the macroeconomics or Microeconomics, which introduced to reader the based knowledge
Tanbhasut Srinanta
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
so good
Melissa Brogan
Jan 19, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: textbooks
Not a great textbook layout, and relies a little too heavily on the class using MyEconLab, which my professor chose not to use.
Fran
Note to self: Main text for Econ 121: Money and Banking under Prof. Beth Tan, 2nd Semester 1996-97, UP School of Economics
Ndwaniye Yvan
BEST BOOK OF ECONOMICS
Alessio Lidozzi
Jan 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good ideas for the ground level of financial markets.
Anni
Nov 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very user friendly and practical ways to learn economics.
Haneen Elghreeb
Güney
Zhong Sheng
Good general intro, but lack depth
Joshua
Sep 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Probably one of the best Economics textbooks I've read. Very insightful and a must read.
Cristhian Lopez
Ooi Yik Ming
Jan 17, 2016 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Nice book
Marissa
Interesting and insightful, particularly with its coverage of the recent global financial crisis.
Anthony Carter
Aug 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I hope this helps me a lot! Fingers crossed
Steve Kuster
  • Public Finance
  • Money, Bank Credit, and Economic Cycles
  • Advanced Macroeconomics
  • International Economics: Theory and Policy
  • Guide to Financial Markets (The Economist)
  • Intermediate Microeconomics: A Modern Approach
  • Economics
  • Principles of Economics
  • Basic Econometrics 4th Economy Edition
  • Globalizing Capital: A History of the International Monetary System
  • A Farewell to Alms: A Brief Economic History of the World
  • Financial Markets and Institutions: A Modern Perspective
Frederic Stanley "Rick" Mishkin is an American economist and professor at the Columbia Business School. He was a member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System from 2006 to 2008.

Mishkin's research focuses on monetary policy and its impact on financial markets and the aggregate economy.
More about Frederic S. Mishkin
“Politicians have often declared that unbridled competition among financial intermediaries promotes failures that will harm the public. Although the evidence that competition does this is extremely weak, it has not stopped the state and federal governments from imposing many restrictive regulations.” 1 likes
“An interest rate is the cost of borrowing or the
price paid for the rental of funds (usually expressed as a percentage of the rental of $100
per year). Many types of interest rates are found in the economy—mortgage interest
rates, car loan rates, and interest rates on many different types of bonds.”
0 likes