Start by marking “The Total Money Makeover Workbook” as Want to Read:
The Total Money Makeover Workbook

The Total Money Makeover Workbook

A simple, straight-forward game plan for completely making over your money habits!

Best-selling author and radio host Dave Ramsey is your personal coach in this informative and interactive companion to the highly successful New York Times bestseller The Total Money Makeover. With inspiring real-life stories and thought-provoking questionnaires, this workbook will help you a
Published January 19th 2004 by Thomas Nelson (first published January 21st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Total Money Makeover Workbook, please sign up.
Misty So, it's not in your face religious, there's really not that much throughout the whole book, and when it is mentioned, it's minimal. When it is, it's …moreSo, it's not in your face religious, there's really not that much throughout the whole book, and when it is mentioned, it's minimal. When it is, it's also relevant to what he's talking about.
I'm not the biggest religion fan either (fallen Catholic) and it really didn't bother me. The way the book is broken up makes you really focus on the steps and framework and not so much the religious parts. There's not enough to derail me from continuing, so you should be fine! Hope this helps you make a decision!(less)

Start your review of The Total Money Makeover Workbook
Katie Cole
Jan 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although this has an overly Christian undertone...if you can get passed that, the financial advice is pretty sound. My husband and I are on Baby Step #2 and on our way to putting to rest our financial turmoil.
Rachel
Mar 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone who makes or uses money.
Recommended to Rachel by: Tim
Great book. All should read it and teach it to their children. I liked the book better than listening to the book on CD. Dave Ramsey himself reads the book on CD and I found him a little obnoxious in his tone and attitude.
Rhomy
It was an ok book. It made some interesting key points, but overall it was not what I expected. I knew it dealt with debt but I expected something else besides that.
Nonetheless, I believe that indebted people could find it interesting and make good use of the exercises and tables it provides, especially to realize in which situation they are in and how to slowly reverse it.
Kaitlyn Stevens
Nice financial information

Nice finance book. Mostly didn't like how it was written. Emphasized how his method was a proven way to get debt free too much and talked about god way to much for my taste. But finance advice was on point through the book.
Melinda Soto
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great companion book to Financial Peace University!
Tolu Atkinson
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I powered through this audiobook, theres a chalk full of information and this is a book that I will be going back to for reference and to complete my next “baby-step” to financial freedom. This is by no means a short term win but it’s a long term gain of wisdom and knowledge.
Josi
Apr 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book breaks down the steps to finding financial peace by getting out of debt. There are several steps, I'm on step 2 which is systematically paying off everything but the house. I've managed to pay off all debt other than one car, although another set of braces is right around the corner. I may not finish this step for another year, but I'm motivated! I love the success stories included in the book and Ramsey's philosophy of spiritual-emotional-temporal security by being in control of your ...more
Tammy
Jun 27, 2008 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
While I am still reading and learning, I can tell you right now that this book takes common sense and taps you on the shoulder with it and says "why don't you do this?" When faced with pretty straightforward financial advice, you may ask yourself why you didn't come up with this Total Money Makeover plan yourself. I know I am asking myself why I live the way I do, paying the bare minimum of my school loans off from month-to-month when I could probably afford at least a little more, if I cut the ...more
Karina
Mar 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't spend a whole lot of time looking through this book, but from what I saw it's mostly for those who struggle with handling money, and for those who don't really know how to budget, and have a lot of debt. It looked like much of the same information that was in the actual Money Makeover book, it just had quizzes and budget sheets and things for you to fill out for your particular situation. We have lived on a strict budget for a long time, and I feel like we are pretty good with our money ...more
 ♡Leah
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I had heard of Dave and his 7 baby step process but didn't know that much. This book really laid it all out for me and helped me have an amazing plan for my future. I think if anyone has a chance they could read this because once you do, your life with be changed for the better. Dave is hilarious and I love the way he wrote this book. It is a blessing to my fiance and I, and it has really helped us. I can't wait for us to meet Dave someday!
Sep 15, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book. Common sense stuff that is worth repeating. I especially like the zero dollar budget idea, or, give every dollar a job. Good stuff.
Javatis Midget
Jan 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book transformed my financial life forever. I wasn't putting a dime away and was living check to check; after I read this book, I was inspired to do better for me and my family.
Melanie Nielson
Dec 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
Amazing. I am in love with Dave Ramsey. He told me all the secrets on how to retire a millionaire and I plan on doing just that. Thanks Dave.
Brian Cassada
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Encouraging anecdotes and a proven process can help you achieve the financial goals that you have always dreamed about.
Travis Smith
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book changed my family's lives. Thanks Dave
John
Apr 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
(note: I have read this book in conjunction with The Total Money Makeover. This review is primarily for that book, but the same materials are mirrored between the two. The same absence in budget training is also in this book.)

Dave Ramsey talks about gazelle-like intensity relating to the debt snowball. Go out of your way to make this happen as quickly as possible. I haven't seen much, however, on how to really make a budget work in the book. Yes, there is a small section discussing budgets and s
Theresa
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-my-own
I rounded this up to 4 stars for the advice though I was a little put off by the evangelical tone and scripture quoting. I'm happy for you if that's your thing, but it's not mine.

I've always had an iffy relationship with money. My dad taught me that if you had $12 and you had a bill for $15 you might as well go out to dinner because you couldn't pay the bill anyway and somehow it would all work out. Needless to say, that didn't give me a strong foundation.

I have 3 kids who will all be in colle
Alisha
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Companion workbook to The Total Money Makeover book

I know that the information didn't really change from the book to this book, but there were exercises that I can work on and it would give me more of an insight to what my financials are now versus what they could be. It also goes those the seven baby steps, and gives you a few exercises to work on for that baby step. It's almost like helping you plan each baby step as you go along.

I recommend this to anyone who has already the The Total Money
Michael Mc
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
It sounds like a big long sales pitch. Like one of those cheesy finance seminars. So much filler and crap.

The combination of rude tones, demeaning attitudes, alpha male, "you owe it all to god" delivery was just awful. I could only handle it in small segments without throwing my phone because of the reader/writer's delivery. Dave Ramsey is an a**hole, a correct one, but still an a**hole. Also, this book couldve been 1 hour long, but he makes you go through WAAAAY to much to get 1 tidbit of good
Greg13
Great book by a great author and Pal. Me and him is tight like a speedo, went to his vacation home in Florida. He rolled a tight ole blunt and we chilled and drank Glenlivet 15. Son, i am telling you that it was off the hook. Dude made serious smoke rings and his wife was like, yo Greg you looking good. Lets do this.

My man told me many things about paying off debt. One that sticks out is, "Only millionares can afford brand new cars"

Pay cash and stop being a slave.
Now where did i put my Nun-Chuc
Sarah -  All The Book Blog Names Are Taken
I'm not really "done", but I have gone through the book and am starting with the steps and am so excited to finally be facing up to these debts that I do not need in my life - mainly those student loans that I wish I did not have, but on the other hand, I would not have the job I do without that Master's degree, so... I just plan to be able to pay cash for my daughter's education so she does not have to deal with this garbage of massive debt!
Amber  Pond
This book had good points, steps, and methods. It really is a good plan.

However, the combination of rude tones, demeaning attitudes, alpha male, "you owe it all to god" delivery was just awful. I could only handle it in small segments without throwing my phone because of the reader/writer's delivery. Dave Ramsey is an a**hole, a correct one, but still an a**hole. Also, this book couldve been 1 hour long, but he makes you go through WAAAAY to much to get 1 tidbit of good info per chapter.
ReBecca
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think the book was really well written and had a lot of great points! The baby steps are great and I can really see you becoming debt free with his plan! I didn't think it was too religious which I know a lot of people complain about with him. The next step is to have my husband read so we can get on the same page and put these baby steps into action!!! Here is to being debt free!!!
Jean Pektro
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-books
If you are broke all the time, then you must read this.

Dave Ramsey is one of the best financial counselors you can find in the internet for FREE.

His well crafted baby steps could take you from having 0$ in savings or even your wallet to a good financial plan that will allow you to retire with dignity and live the life you were meant to enjoy.
Cort Johnson
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't think Dave Ramsey is completely right. I've kept my credit cards, for instance, and I think the idea of paying everything with cash is insane but he provides such an important point (which I wish I had learned long ago) that starting saving early is not only crucial but so beneficial -and he does it with such zest and fervor - that this has to be a five star book for me.
Rosemary Burton
Jul 12, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Charlatan

Complete rip off. Never trust those in it to make tons of money off the very group they claim to be trying to help with materials of the same tired blame and shame game. Get a solid foundation in finance and investments without all the know it all grandstanding. Avoid the cult of Ramsey shame on you for these inflated prices.
Krysten Blouin
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, I’m sold on this. Dave doesn’t hold back with the truth of the hard reality of our financial status. He goes hard and doesn’t let up through the entire book. Some truly amazing advice in here that I’m definitely going to work on for personal and financial growth. I would recommend to just about anyone!
Angelic
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dave Ramsey offers timeless truths for getting and staying out of debt. The concepts are covered in the book, The Richest Man in Babylon, so they are not foreign to me; however, it challenges everything I thought I knew about “good credit”.

I am going to implement the total money makeover in my own life because I want to “live like no one else, so that later, I can live like no one else“.
Ashley
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once I started this book I couldn’t stop. The tips aren’t new or complicated, but the process outlined makes “financial fitness”, as Dave Ramsey describes it, attainable. I know it won’t be easy, but I can’t wait to get started on my financial fitness journey!
Hannah
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Worth reading, even if debt is not a major issue for you. He makes the good point that we are not born with financial savvy, we have to learn it. I'm only sorry I waited until I was in my thirties to start my education!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Money management... 2 39 Sep 30, 2013 11:40AM

• How to Manage Your Money When You Don't Have Any
  • Retire Inspired: It's Not an Age, It's a Financial Number
  • Love Your Life, Not Theirs: 7 Money Habits for Living the Life You Want
  • The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America's Wealthy
  • The No-Spend Challenge Guide: How to Stop Spending Money Impulsively, Pay off Debt Fast, & Make Your Finances Fit Your Dreams
  • Hope for Today
  • Courage to Change
  • Everyday Millionaires: How Ordinary People Built Extraordinary Wealth--And How You Can Too
  • MWF Seeking BFF: My Yearlong Search For A New Best Friend
  • A Modern History of Japan: From Tokugawa Times to the Present
  • Murder In The Yoga Store
  • The 5 Essential People Skills: How to Assert Yourself, Listen to Others, and Resolve Conflicts
  • Monster: The Autobiography of an L.A. Gang Member
  • Kit: An American Girl (American Girls Collection)
  • Charting and Technical Analysis
  • The Black Hand: The Bloody Rise and Redemption of "Boxer" Enriquez, a Mexican Mob Killer
  • What's Race Got to Do with It?: Why It's Time to Stop the Stupidest Argument in America
  • The War on Cops: How the New Attack on Law and Order Makes Everyone Less Safe
Dave Ramsey, the nationally-syndicated radio host of "The Money Game" and bestselling author, has helped thousands through Financial Peace University-a 12-week financial planning program. He presents seminars in churches and corporations throughout the country. He holds a degree in finance and real estate and lives with his family in Nashville Tennessee.