Start by marking “The Total Money Makeover Workbook” as Want to Read:
The Total Money Makeover Workbook

The Total Money Makeover Workbook

A simple, straight-forward game plan for completely making over your money habits!

Best-selling author and radio host Dave Ramsey is your personal coach in this informative and interactive companion to the highly successful New York Times bestseller The Total Money Makeover. With inspiring real-life stories and thought-provoking questionnaires, this workbook will help you a
Published January 19th 2004 by Thomas Nelson (first published January 21st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Total Money Makeover Workbook, please sign up.
Misty So, it's not in your face religious, there's really not that much throughout the whole book, and when it is mentioned, it's minimal. When it is, it's…moreSo, it's not in your face religious, there's really not that much throughout the whole book, and when it is mentioned, it's minimal. When it is, it's also relevant to what he's talking about.
I'm not the biggest religion fan either (fallen Catholic) and it really didn't bother me. The way the book is broken up makes you really focus on the steps and framework and not so much the religious parts. There's not enough to derail me from continuing, so you should be fine! Hope this helps you make a decision!(less)

Katie Cole
Jan 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although this has an overly Christian undertone...if you can get passed that, the financial advice is pretty sound. My husband and I are on Baby Step #2 and on our way to putting to rest our financial turmoil.
Rachel
Mar 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone who makes or uses money.
Recommended to Rachel by: Tim
Great book. All should read it and teach it to their children. I liked the book better than listening to the book on CD. Dave Ramsey himself reads the book on CD and I found him a little obnoxious in his tone and attitude.
Rhomy
It was an ok book. It made some interesting key points, but overall it was not what I expected. I knew it dealt with debt but I expected something else besides that.
Nonetheless, I believe that indebted people could find it interesting and make good use of the exercises and tables it provides, especially to realize in which situation they are in and how to slowly reverse it.
Kaitlyn Stevens
Nice financial information

Nice finance book. Mostly didn't like how it was written. Emphasized how his method was a proven way to get debt free too much and talked about god way to much for my taste. But finance advice was on point through the book.
Jeff
Aug 24, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you have never taken a personal finance course or are swimming in debt, this is a great starting point on taking control of your finances, living within your means, and changing your financial family tree, while also teaching you that the real reason to build wealth is to be able to help others.
Melinda Soto
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great companion book to Financial Peace University!
Tolu Atkinson
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I powered through this audiobook, theres a chalk full of information and this is a book that I will be going back to for reference and to complete my next “baby-step” to financial freedom. This is by no means a short term win but it’s a long term gain of wisdom and knowledge.
Josi
Apr 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book breaks down the steps to finding financial peace by getting out of debt. There are several steps, I'm on step 2 which is systematically paying off everything but the house. I've managed to pay off all debt other than one car, although another set of braces is right around the corner. I may not finish this step for another year, but I'm motivated! I love the success stories included in the book and Ramsey's philosophy of spiritual-emotional-temporal security by being in control of your ...more
Tammy
Jun 27, 2008 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
While I am still reading and learning, I can tell you right now that this book takes common sense and taps you on the shoulder with it and says "why don't you do this?" When faced with pretty straightforward financial advice, you may ask yourself why you didn't come up with this Total Money Makeover plan yourself. I know I am asking myself why I live the way I do, paying the bare minimum of my school loans off from month-to-month when I could probably afford at least a little more, if I cut the ...more
Karina
Mar 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't spend a whole lot of time looking through this book, but from what I saw it's mostly for those who struggle with handling money, and for those who don't really know how to budget, and have a lot of debt. It looked like much of the same information that was in the actual Money Makeover book, it just had quizzes and budget sheets and things for you to fill out for your particular situation. We have lived on a strict budget for a long time, and I feel like we are pretty good with our money ...more
 ♡Leah
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I had heard of Dave and his 7 baby step process but didn't know that much. This book really laid it all out for me and helped me have an amazing plan for my future. I think if anyone has a chance they could read this because once you do, your life with be changed for the better. Dave is hilarious and I love the way he wrote this book. It is a blessing to my fiance and I, and it has really helped us. I can't wait for us to meet Dave someday!
Melanie Nielson
Dec 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
Amazing. I am in love with Dave Ramsey. He told me all the secrets on how to retire a millionaire and I plan on doing just that. Thanks Dave.
Sep 15, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book. Common sense stuff that is worth repeating. I especially like the zero dollar budget idea, or, give every dollar a job. Good stuff.
Brian Cassada
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Encouraging anecdotes and a proven process can help you achieve the financial goals that you have always dreamed about.
Javatis Midget
Jan 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book transformed my financial life forever. I wasn't putting a dime away and was living check to check; after I read this book, I was inspired to do better for me and my family.
Travis Smith
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book changed my family's lives. Thanks Dave
Alisha
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Companion workbook to The Total Money Makeover book

I know that the information didn't really change from the book to this book, but there were exercises that I can work on and it would give me more of an insight to what my financials are now versus what they could be. It also goes those the seven baby steps, and gives you a few exercises to work on for that baby step. It's almost like helping you plan each baby step as you go along.

I recommend this to anyone who has already the The Total Money
Sarah -  All The Book Blog Names Are Taken
I'm not really "done", but I have gone through the book and am starting with the steps and am so excited to finally be facing up to these debts that I do not need in my life - mainly those student loans that I wish I did not have, but on the other hand, I would not have the job I do without that Master's degree, so... I just plan to be able to pay cash for my daughter's education so she does not have to deal with this garbage of massive debt!
Jean Pektro
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-books
If you are broke all the time, then you must read this.

Dave Ramsey is one of the best financial counselors you can find in the internet for FREE.

His well crafted baby steps could take you from having 0$ in savings or even your wallet to a good financial plan that will allow you to retire with dignity and live the life you were meant to enjoy.
ReBecca
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think the book was really well written and had a lot of great points! The baby steps are great and I can really see you becoming debt free with his plan! I didn't think it was too religious which I know a lot of people complain about with him. The next step is to have my husband read so we can get on the same page and put these baby steps into action!!! Here is to being debt free!!!
Ashley
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once I started this book I couldn’t stop. The tips aren’t new or complicated, but the process outlined makes “financial fitness”, as Dave Ramsey describes it, attainable. I know it won’t be easy, but I can’t wait to get started on my financial fitness journey!
Charles Bradley Mercer
I felt like it was far more of a self-help and motivation book than a financial management book. Overall his points are valid and for 90% of Americans his system should work for you.
Raya Bayor
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a book that I will review on a regular basis for the rest of my life.
Sherry
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Harshit
Apr 21, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finance
I find this little over-rated book, good for new learners about finance !
Rebecca Ann
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, a-nonfiction
I found this workbook very useful for going over the fundamentals. Some of the worksheets are a little inflexible and assume certain lifestyles, but overall it has been great help!
Emily
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book makes so much sense. Applying it to life is really hard, but it will be worth it. Baby-step 2 participant here.
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: less
Hate this guy soooo much, love his stupid steps.
Michelle Spear
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
I have gazelle intense focus!! I thought I was ok financially. Apparently not.
Megan Costa
This is just an overview of the actual book with a few activities. Don't waste your money buying both.
Money management... 2 39 Sep 30, 2013 11:40AM
  • Every Thought Captive: Battling the Toxic Beliefs That Separate Us from the Life We Crave
  • The Book of Romance: What Solomon Says about Love, Sex and Intimacy
  • National Geographic Guide to Scenic Highways and Byways
  • Conquering Shame and Codependency: 8 Steps to Freeing the True You
  • New Light on the Difficult Words of Jesus: Insights from His Jewish Context
  • Becoming One: Emotionally, Physically, Spiritually
  • Weigh Down Diet
  • Reading the Bible with Rabbi Jesus: How a Jewish Perspective Can Transform Your Understanding
  • Flavor: The Science of Our Most Neglected Sense
  • That's Not What I Meant!
  • How to Get Out of Debt, Stay Out of Debt, and Live Prosperously: Based on the Proven Principles and Techniques of Debtors Anonymous
  • How to Get a Date Worth Keeping
  • Twelve Years in the Saddle for Law and Order on the Frontiers of Texas (1909)
  • The Eye of the I: From Which Nothing is Hidden
  • More Attention, Less Deficit: Success Strategies for Adults with ADHD
  • The Essential Vegetarian Cookbook
  • Thin Within
  • 48 Days to the Work You Love
Dave Ramsey, the nationally-syndicated radio host of "The Money Game" and bestselling author, has helped thousands through Financial Peace University-a 12-week financial planning program. He presents seminars in churches and corporations throughout the country. He holds a degree in finance and real estate and lives with his family in Nashville Tennessee.
“The fact is, most people in our nation today believe that debt is NORMAL, and in most cases, NECESSARY. They can’t imagine living a cash-and-carry life or a life in which all things they own are purchased outright with cash at the time of purchase— in other words, with no payment plan or use of credit cards.” 2 likes