Start by marking “A Fashionable Murder (Josie Pigeon, #6)” as Want to Read:
A Fashionable Murder (Josie Pigeon, #6)

A Fashionable Murder (Josie Pigeon #6)

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  86 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
HIGH SOCIETY HOMOCIDE

When amateur sleuth Josie Pigeon joins her longtime beau, Sam, on a trip to New York City for a week, she suspects she’ll be looking at engagement rings, not mug shots. Once they arrive in the Big Apple though, the constant reminders of Sam’s wealthy, glamorous past make Josie feel like she’s way out of her league. Then the body of his ex-girlfriend, t
Mass Market Paperback, 272 pages
Published December 18th 2007 by Fawcett (first published April 29th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about A Fashionable Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Fashionable Murder

Sonja
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: from-the-library
I figured this who out, not too early, but not the why.
Zhao
Nov 02, 2008 added it
Shelves: year-2008-2009
The book really stood out to me when I saw the cover. Because of the blue background and the tiny bit of red that really stood out to me, I grabbed the book and read the blurb. The story was about a cash of being murder. The story about how Josie investigate the case. I really like these kind of mystery books, but in the middle of reading think book, I feel really dissapointed when I found that the action wasnt occuring as I liked it to, and when it did, it was too surprising. I story would be g ...more
Lynn Demsky
Oct 31, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
First Valerie Wolzien book that just wasn't that good! Josie does not belong in New York not doing construction work! The plot seemed really scattered and not very organized to me (son is so very important but only in the very beginning and ending of the story, finding of dead body didn't seem to matter at all) - book just wasn't up to Valerie's normal high standers! Plus I could care less about fashions, beauty salons and all the crap Josie was finding in NY! "Just ugh" for a review!
Rebecca
Jun 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoy the Susan Henshaw mysteries by the same author. I was pleasantly surprised by the Josie Pigeon character. I like her as a detective even more than Susan Henshaw. The book is a little dated since it is from the early 90's but still enjoy the story and solving the mystery- although not a lot of suspects.
ChrisGA
Aug 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Interesting twist of the Josie saga---she and Sam are in NYC when his ex-girlfriend is found dead in his apartment. Josie wants to solve the murder to protect Sam but she is totally out of her element in sophisticated NYC.
Linda
Sep 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bingo
I really enjoyed this installment in the Josie Pigeon series. It took place in NYC instead of on the island like normal and I enjoyed seeing Josie stepping out of her comfort zone. The mystery was good and I enjoyed seeing how she went about solving it.
Lynda
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved it. Good mystery. Likeable characters. Great fun
Isah  Ragondo
Dec 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The book was fine. I was in elementary when I read it ( Now I am a junior high school) and back then I don't have that taste for mysteries so I was satisfied with how the story came out.
Melissa
Nov 24, 2008 rated it it was ok
have a very difficult time relating to Josie. I can't get into her story line or relate with the character very well at all.
Renata
Feb 15, 2013
Sumaya Abo el hamd
May 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Valerie Wolzien is the author of the Susan Henshaw suburban mysteries and the Josie Pigeon seashore mysteries. Ms. Wolzien lives in an old house overlooking the Hudson River. She loves to hear from readers and can be reached online at valerie@wolzien.com.
More about Valerie Wolzien

Josie Pigeon (7 books)
  • Shore to Die (Josie Pigeon, #1)
  • Permit for Murder (Josie Pigeon, #2)
  • Deck the Halls with Murder (Josie Pigeon, #3)
  • This Old Murder (Josie Pigeon, #4)
  • Murder in the Forecast (Josie Pigeon, #5)
  • Death at a Premium (Josie Pigeon, #7)