Start by marking “Destination: Bethlehem” as Want to Read:
Destination: Bethlehem

Destination: Bethlehem

A delightful Advent Adventure to entertain and inspire the entire family. 24 Chapters: Begin reading a chapter a night in December and finish on Christmas Eve. Two boys, Isaac and Jediah, travel through ancient Palestine. As their journey unfolds, the boys find themselves at the heart of the Nativity Story and gradually realize the birth of the Messiah is at hand.
Published September 5th 2008 by Bella Maria Books

To ask other readers questions about Destination, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Destination

Start your review of Destination: Bethlehem
Melissa
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Destination Bethlehem by Sharon Altman. This is our second year reading this book and my daughter LOVES it! It is about a young boy that finds himself traveling along with the Nativity story. We read a little every night of Advent and finish it up on Christmas Eve with the birth of Jesus. Oops, hopefully I didn't ruin it by giving away the ending ;)

For more of my reviews, check out http://melosbookshelf.blogspot.com
Dec 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children, read-aloud
This book was wonderful to read for the second Advent in a row!

It consists of 24 chapters, one for each night of Advent (well, from Dec. 1-24). It is the story of two boys, Isaac and Jediah, as they travel through Ancient Palestine. As the story unfolds, they find themselves at the heart of the Nativity Story and gradually realize the birth of the Messiah is at hand. Each chapter ends with a cliff-hanger and builds anticipation for reading the following one. Last year, as well as thi
June
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Destination: Bethlehem brings to life the story of the nativity through the eyes of two boys. This is a good Advent read as a family. There are twenty-four chapters so we read one each night between Dec 1st to 24th. I'd recommend this for families with elementary aged and tween kids. We used this in lieu of a Jesse Tree one year and as a supplement for it during another. Another thing we liked about this book was the historical footnotes "Travel Guide to the Past" at the end of each chapter.
Amy
Dec 27, 2010 rated it liked it
I had hoped this would be a good read aloud with my daughter during Advent. I think she needs to be a little older for it to hold her attention. It did bring alive the story of Christmas when these two young boys got involved in Jesus' birth at the end. We'll read it together in Advent when she's a little older.
Joann10
Nov 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful Advent read-aloud!!! This is definitely going to be a book we read each Advent in preparation for the birth of Jesus on Christmas
Karen
Dec 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Great Christmas story to read during Advent.
Michelle
Dec 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is a great Advent read-aloud. We enjoyed it as much the second year as we did last year when we first read it together.
Channa