Start by marking “Putting It to the Test” as Want to Read:
Putting It to the Test

Putting It to the Test (Blush #5)

3.49  ·  Rating details ·  162 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
She did it Sweetly shy Carly Abrams, programmer extraordinaire, cheated on the sex survey. This way, she's guaranteed to be paired up with infuriating (but no less delectable man-thing) coworker Matt Jacobs on a new account. If she's caught, she'll be neck-deep in pink slips. Unfortunately, working closely with Matt could land her in deeper--and much, much hotter--water... ...more
Published May 1st 2008 by Harlequin Blaze (first published March 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Putting It to the Test, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Putting It to the Test

Nisha
Feb 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: readers who like enemies to lovers office romances
This cover is so not what I picture the characters to be, but oh well.

Other than that, I loved this book. It was really cute. Maybe I just like work related romances. The heroine, Carly, is a very talented web designer. Matt, the hero, is her rival and her personal fantasy buddy. But it seems the tension is on both sides. Matt has always liked Carly, but he just happens to say the stupidest things when he's around her. For the next project, the main designers are matched according to a Singles
Sharon
Jul 30, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica-romance
Hottie Hottie sex scenes! Hotter than I expected from a Harlequin....you never know which ones will be hotter and which ones use the scary euphemisms. This was a good steamy read!
Tribefan
Much needed brain candy!! Not a bad read!
Jan
This book did a couple of things really, really well.
I loved that Matt wasn't a player at all, and that all of their problems originated from him not being able to act normal around her because he was attracted to her. I loved that we get the feeling that she is really, really pretty, because we constantly see her through his eyes. And then suddenly we see her through her own eyes, and she turns out to be more on the average side, cellulites included. When that culminates in the very hot mirror
Lenore Kosinski
Feb 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, harlequin
Probably more of a 3.5 stars -- something about Carly rubbed me the wrong way personality-wise, but I honestly can't for the life of me define what it is...love her sweet, sunshine-y optimistic side...*shrugs* Hot, steamy, and the misunderstandings weren't so ridiculous and didn't go on forever...there was actually happiness in the middle, which is nice b/c then they just need to get back to what they found, you're not sitting there wondering how you're supposed to believe they are in love, kwim ...more
Jen
How pleased I was to see a romance novel about web designers! Though it'd make my heart sing even higher if it was about graphic designers (I do aim to write one, you just wait). Even though I was holding out for cheesy quips over cross-browser compatibility and kinky HTML tags, this was a touching story about conflicts of interest between two ambitious and uncertain people. And the secksing is uber sexy, very bad. ;)
Shelley
Parts of this were super fun, but others.... C'mon. If you're going to bill yourself as a creatively sexy book, it might help if you're going to be creatively sexy. I wasn't very impressed. Spend a few days in fandom, then you'll see creativity. *g* I guess I'm just way beyond mainstream.
Dwi_eternity Lestari
Entah kenapa aku akhir2 ini sering baca tema kek gini
saingan di kantor tapi memendam rasa di hati
Alyssa
Aug 17, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Steamy. Steamy. Steamy. Much steamier than I believed it to be, compared to other Harlequin books, which in all are just cute. This was fun, but more intense than usual.
Nina Sukarsono
3.7 /5.
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
Very predictable and not high on the believability rating. However, a few of the sex scenes were well into the pretty darn hot range. All and all I liked it.
Felicia
Dec 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good love story.
Katie
Oct 04, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This had some really hot scenes, even for a Blaze, but the reactions and drama with the characters was too over the top for me for most of the book.
Netanella
Jun 24, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blaze
Another fun story - I'm enjoying these Blaze titles.
Litzy Gomez
Jun 12, 2014
Luna Maca
Apr 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Sex By The Numbers (Harlequin Blaze, #403)
  • Sex, Straight Up (Those Sexy O'Sullivans, #2)
  • All Over You (Secret Lives of Daytime Divas, #2)
  • Ms. Match (The Wrong Bed #49)
  • Asking For Trouble (Town of Trouble, #2) (Santori Stories, #4)
  • The Specialist
  • Incognito (Harlequin Blaze #406)
  • French Kissing (Lust In Translation #3)
  • Storm Watch (Harlequin Blaze, #487) (Uniformly Hot!, #8)
  • Risque Business
  • Beyond His Control (SEAL, #3)
  • My Front Page Scandal (Harlequin Blaze #352)
An Oregon native, Lori Borrill moved to the San Francisco Bay Area just out of high school and has been a transplant Californian ever since. Her weekdays are spent at the insurance company where's she's been employed as a data analyst for over twenty years. The bulk of her evenings are spent at the Little League fields cheering on her son.

Lori started writing in June of 2004 after her husband left
More about Lori Borrill...

Blush (6 books)
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside
  • Does She Dare? (Harlequin Blaze #372)(Blush)
  • Primal Instincts (Harlequin Blaze #378) (Blush)
  • Getting Lucky (Harlequin Blaze #381)(Blush)
  • Sex By The Numbers (Harlequin Blaze, #403)
“We don’t always get what we want out of life. It’s how we handle what’s left that matters. – Matt Jacobs (hero)” 2 likes
“Life has a way of fixing things. – Stu Callebrew (the Dugout’s owner and Matt Jacobs good friend/father figure)” 1 likes