Start by marking “The Charles F. Stanley Life Principles Bible: A Life Principles Resource” as Want to Read:
The Charles F. Stanley Life Principles Bible: A Life Principles Resource

The Charles F. Stanley Life Principles Bible: A Life Principles Resource

4.74  ·  Rating details ·  516 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
The Charles F. Stanley Life Principles Bible delivers Dr.Stanley's cherished values to benefit every Christian in his or herlife's pursuits. With more than 442,000 in print, The Charles F. Stanley Life Principles Bible communicates the life principles Dr. Stanley has gleaned from the Word through his years of Bible teaching and pastoral ministry. The result is a Bible over ...more
Hardcover, NKJV, 1824 pages
Published November 9th 2005 by Nelson Bibles (first published November 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Charles F. Stanley Life Principles Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Charles F. Stanley Life Principles Bible

Dean
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The year 2016 incline with steadfastness to an end, for me a wonderful year at good reads, but also a year with lots of challenges at my workplace and greater as also minor trials within my life journey.
But before this year ends, I want to share with all my good friends and all the great and beautiful people at good reads, three books which have followed me during the whole year:
1) The Charles Stanley Life Principles Bible
2) A year with Aslan, daily reflections from the Chronicles of Narnia by C
Joyce Oliver stahle
I highly recommend this Bible, it makes it really easy to read the Bible through in a year. Each day is lined out what you need to read.
I also enjoyed Charles Stanley's insight on verses and his life principles lessons.
Larisha
Feb 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
EVERY day you get a slice of (1) the Old Testament, (2) Psalms/Proverbs, and (3) the New Testament. Additionally, you get all the Life Principles, notes and explanations, highlighted promises, etc. It has added a whole new perspective to my morning quiet time. Instead of reading someone else's commentary on the Word, I am reading THE WORD.

This book makes you WANT to be faithful to your morning quiet time, devotional, and evening "last thoughts before bed" time. I absolutely love it. It is just
Pat
Feb 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've had devotional Bibles before, but this is my favorite. I've had daily reading Bibles before, hoping to keep with the daily readings every day (that's the point, right? lol), but I didn't stay with the program more than a couple of weeks. This daily Bible has kept me engaged for a year now. Yes, I miss days, even weeks sometimes, but I do go back. Charles Stanley's devotional thoughts and comments touch me on every page, and keep me reading. I love this Bible, and highly recommend it to anyo ...more
Diana Hays
Dec 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
An excellent study Bible!
Nancy
Aug 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
He is one of the best authors for Christian encouragement.
Brad
Jan 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It will remain on my Currently Reading list. May we all read God's Word on a consistent basis. When you get to the end of The Book of the Revelation... start over!
Heather Bixler
Aug 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first choice Bible. :)
Karen Mccracken
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed studying this Bible. The life principles are very helpful for getting a better understanding of scripture. It has a very handy life principles reference guide to look things up quickly which I found helpful. It also has maps to show significant events and where they took place to really get a clearer understanding of events. It has a concordance which I found helpful and a section in the back to take notes. I found it to be a really good study Bible.
Effie Barba
Jan 10, 2010 is currently reading it
Will continue to study along with my KJV Liberty Study Bible as I always love the Language of the King James Version most. This is one I read daily as there is no way to ever finish until one day I stand before Him, my savior. Like the sweet loveletters that must be reread continually.
Casey Powell
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Charles Stanley helps those with no faith understand the simplicity of taking a leap of faith to trust in God. For those that don't understand the standard King James version of the Bible or the International version, this Life Principles bible is for you!!!
Linda
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed reading the Bible through in 2017. This is my second time through this Charles Stanley Life Principles Bible. Love his insights.
Lynn Lohr
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Study Bible

This is one of the best study Bibles I have ever owed. It is best used for everyday living. I really enjoy the life principals
Paul Russell
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not a christian anymore, but this edition provides a very convenient way to read the bible through all the way without being daunting, like it would be if you were to simply read the bible from cover to cover.
ecleticCritiques
I cannot say enough good about this DAILY study Bible. EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXCELLENT. Older and wiser now, I want to know whose works I am studying, their influence and personal relationship with the Sovereign Creator. Dr. Charles Stanley is one of five finger preachers I will lend my time in listening to. Soft spoken and humble, in his lectures and books the relationship he shares with God is deeply personal and righteous. He avoids his influence and teaches the Word of God.

The LP Daily Bible (
Leslie
Aug 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Daily Bible is a jewel for anyone hoping to read and re-read the Bible each year. As for this particular version, you'll enjoy an Old Testament reading, a passage from the Psalms and Proverbs, and finally a New Testament reading. The readings average about three pages which often include a "Life Principles" section from the beloved Charles Stanley. His insights add color and perspective as you read. I find the daily readings doable in one sitting each morning. This year (2012) is my third time ...more
Simone
Aug 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was hard slog and very challenging at times. I completed in 13 1/2 months and I would do it again because of the growth I've gained. Life changing. I will do the NIV next time. I found Charles Stanley religious at times. However, I read this using David Guzik's commentary (www.enduring word.com) on some parts and it was amazing.
Becky Lake
Apr 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent! I'm reading it on my iPad each day. I love the comments, the ability to highlight, make notes, look up info instantly, the way it's written. But most of all I like how he has tied in his Life Principles throughout.
S
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: faith, theology
This bible helped me read through the Bible in a year, and provided me with numerous insights about a hundred different things about life and relationship with God. I will definitely recommend this Daily Bible to anyone who wants to have a more closer relationship with our maker.
Linda Klager
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent Bible. Dr. Charles Stanley gives a lot of good Biblical advice each day. He also gives the reader 30 Life Principles. These principles help anyone to have a more successful Christian life. I encourage other readers of the Holy Bible to read through this Bible in 2018.
Debi Patton
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This Bible helped me read through in less than a year, because it made me want to read more than one day's entry at a time. I wanted to keep going to find out what happened next.

God spoke to me every day as I read. Truly a blessing.
Marie
Mar 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I read this book inspired by God over and over as God reveals His truth, and as I grow to understand. The best book one will ever read, choose one that is easy to understand, Charles has life changing commentary to help me learn,and to keep in my heart daily!!!
Alisha Isner
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The side/foot notes, stories, and Principles help connect you to Jesus, the disciples, and the other characters. Through Dr. Stanley's amazing translation & interpretation I was given so much insight and knowledge of the Word.
Stan Witten
Jun 16, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone
i have read this bible many times,it has some really good life principles in it,i would recommend it to someone
Ryan Marks
Sep 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Glad to have an NASB Bible in my library, helpful and practical study notes just like Dr. Stanley's preaching
Dwight
Jul 11, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
who says you never do your new year's resolutions
♥MissShellow♥ writer♥
Jul 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
very good bible!
Olivia
Jan 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's the only book that tells me how it really is - full of God's love, mercy, forgiveness, salvation, - everything about how to live a successful life!
Jana
Mar 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Purchased this Bible five years ago and it's my absolute favorite! I love Dr. Stanley's 30 Life Principles and how they are backed up in practical ways with scripture. Footnotes are great too
Cynthia Fountain
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite version! I love my time with God and a cup of coffee first thing in the morning. The layout of this bible is great.
  • The Christmas Spirit: Memories of Family, Friends, and Faith
  • What the Bible is All About Bible Handbook
  • Daily Bible, with Devotional Insights to Guide You Through God's Word: NIV
  • My Scripture Journal: Fearing the Lord (My Scripture Journal: Bible Reading Plans)
  • Unto the Hills
  • New Spirit-Filled Life Bible: Kingdom Equipping Through the Power of the Word, New King James Version
  • Let Prayer Change Your Life
  • Let God Change Your Life: How to Know and Follow Jesus
  • Becoming God's True Woman
  • 101 Faith Notes
  • The Bible Book by Book A Manual for the Outline Study of the Bible by Books
  • The God Who Sees You: Look to Him When You Feel Discouraged, Forgotten, or Invisible
  • The Revelation of the Cross: An Experience That Will Change Your Life..
  • How to Study the Bible
  • The Energies of Love: Using Energy Medicine to Keep Your Relationship Thriving
  • The Maxwell Leadership Bible: Lessons in Leadership from the Word of God - New King James Version
  • If Only He Knew: Understanding Your Wife
  • Experiencing Father's Embrace
Dr. Charles F. Stanley is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church Atlanta, founder of In Touch Ministries, and a New York Times best-selling author who has written more than fifty books, and has sold more than nine million copies. He demonstrates a keen awareness of people's needs and provides Christ-centered, biblically-based principles for everyday life.

Charles Frazier Stanley was born Septem
More about Charles F. Stanley
“None of us has become perfect (Phil. 3:12). None of us does everything right. None of us is so wise that we always speak the right word or so strong that we always do the right thing. Remembering this keeps us humble.” 5 likes
“5Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; 6In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall bdirect your paths.” 4 likes