Start by marking “A Double-Edged Blade” as Want to Read:
A Double-Edged Blade

A Double-Edged Blade

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  169 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Lovely British agent Faith Worthington is sent on a mission to expose a ruthless IRA terrorist. But a bullet to the thigh knocks her back to seventeenth-century Ireland...and into the arms of rebel leader Miles O'Bruaidar.

Known as the Irish Lion, Miles immediately suspects the modern-day beauty of being a spy. He takes Faith as his hostage, only to discover her feminine w
Mass Market Paperback, Love Spell: Timeswept #41, 400 pages
Published March 28th 2000 by Love Spell (first published June 1996)

To ask other readers questions about A Double-Edged Blade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Double-Edged Blade

Wrathsqueen
Jan 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
My blog review of A Double-Edged Blade by Julie Moffett - http://wrathsqueensbooks.blogspot.com...
Kim
Oct 29, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Too boring to finish

I only made it threw 29%. Faith was a very unlikable character and she became so annoying that you didn't want Miles to be stuck with her. The rest was too boring to continue.
Tanya Reeves
If you like complete rip offs of other books than this is your book. This is the less interesting and less well written copy of The Outlander.
SheLove2Read
Dec 11, 2016 marked it as dnf
Shelves: 2016
Change up the location and a few details and this is nothing more than a blatant rip-off of Outlander. DNF
Hollie
Sep 16, 2017 rated it liked it
It was okay. The story line dragged throughout the whole book. Faith was an annoying character. The sequel is a better book.
Holly
Mar 14, 2017 added it
Shelves: dnf
This was a much less believable version of Outlander. I made it to about the 40% mark and threw in the towel.
Becky
Dec 17, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked this more genuinely than I expected. It wasn't ridiculous enough to give me the kind of campy, so bad it's good enjoyment that I was expecting, but some moments gave me genuine enjoyment. I generally can't get into romance in actual romance novels, so me saying I liked the sex scenes between Miles and Faith is saying something. Miles was attractively domineering for my tastes. I liked the background plot a lot, as a huge fan of British history and time travel. Faith was an okay heroine, ...more
Thomas Hobson
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Historical fiction with entertainment and Fantasy!

I was engulfed with this book from the beginning till the end. This book would be enjoyed by readers who love action and adventure to many other genres. The book takes you back in time and vividly describes the time period of the Irish, English and even some history of the Scottish people and how they lived in such a tumultuous time. This is not a history book but a story that keeps you trying to predict what will happen next. I give this book th
Ronda Ray Rawls
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

Being I have read both books in this series, I hated to see them end... Of course it was nice to read of Faith & Mile's story, and previously from the other book Fiona & Ian's tale. There are recognizable characters in each book, but for those who have yet to read these books read this one first in order to understand who is who. I went backwards, but all was well. Wonderful bits and pieces of history, as well as witticisms and romance. Do enjoy!
Jane
4 stars. I quite enjoyed the story. The heroine was strong and the love wasn't isn't and seemed beautiful :). This could've been 5 stars except for one major flaw: she was supposed to be a spy, trained how to fight, but once she traveled back in time, she lost all of those skills. She was just a normal girl, which isn't bad, but that's not who her character was supposed to be.
David Hughes
This seems like a less than dramatic Earle 1200 century Irish story Faith Worthington the27 yr oldM15 British agent. Has difficult time going back 350 yrs.

the. Parallel with Diane Galbrason (sp) is accomplished several times I.e. Claire vs Faith W. And Jamie Frazerof Sctland .Dry. enjoyed the story well.
Fletcher Hart
Nov 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

This book combines three genres in one book. Sci fire, romance, and mystery. The author has put them together in a way that's enjoyable and added history to the genres. A very enjoyable book. I commend the author and appreciate her work. Thanks for an enjoyable read, I couldn't put it down.
Brittany
Oct 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Heather
Jul 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Time travel delight

Good read , time travel at it best. Faith get thrown back 350 Yeats to the mid 1600s. Accused of being an English spy by the leaser of the rebel forces in Ireland and being held prisoner Fait starts seeing and feeling g feeling for her captor.
Tawanda Brown
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Great and suspenseful book. The setting only added to the allure and mystery surrounding her situation. The climax lead to a great ending
Kirsten Krabbenhoft
Double edged story

Great writing. Storyline lifted from someone else. And Pauline was on the train track one to many times. I will try another of her books
Tami
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

I love time travel books taking place in Ireland and Scotland. Thank you for writing with some historical fact as well.
Deborah Forrester
Excellent !

Finally someone who can actually write! Loved the story. Actually, I had a hard time getting any work done because I didn't want to put the book down.
Thanks.
cinda draper
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Truly good reading

Her time was great through the adventures with t h Myles. Their love will make you catch your breath and hope you have the same in your life.
Pam
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I agree with a previous reader, this was an enjoyable read but I expected more survivor skills from a modern day spy in her time travel.
Fiona
Bones56
May 13, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
190485
Julie Moffett is a bestselling author and writes in the genres of mystery, historical romance and paranormal romance. She has won numerous awards, including the 2015 Award of Excellence, 2014 Mystery & Mayhem Award for Best YA/New Adult Mystery, the prestigious 2014 HOLT Award for Best Novel with Romantic Elements, a HOLT Merit Award for Best Novel by a Virginia Author, the 2016 Award of Excel ...more
More about Julie Moffett...

“muslin and stepped into it, forgoing the corset. Cursing” 1 likes