Start by marking “Damn Nation” as Want to Read:
Damn Nation

Damn Nation

3.17  ·  Rating details ·  88 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
A vampire plague has spread from sea to shining sea, and when a small holdout of scientists trapped outside of Buffalo, N Y discover a cure, it's up to a Special Ops team from the President's offices in London to go in and get it. Yet, not everyone in the world wants to see America back in the saddle again.
Published October 18th 2005 by Dark Horse Comics (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Damn Nation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Damn Nation

It wasn't necessarily bad I guess, just really uninspired and the same old plot we've seen time and time again. If there were more volumes they might have been able to work it into some more interesting and original but as it is, it's just pretty boring. Also while the art is pretty, it's often hard to make out what is happening. I'm sure this is on purpose and is supposed to enhance the 'mood' or whatever but like shaky-cam in movies, I just find it annoying.
May 01, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Uh, I guess zombies could be naked. But when they're not, how come their shoes come off well before the rest of their clothes tatter away? Aren't shoes usually more durable and well secured to your body?
Ill D
Dec 14, 2017 rated it liked it

Pretty water colors are juxtaposed with the typical comic-book style onomatiopeics in Andrew Cosby's, Damn Nation! Alongside this bizarre visual palette is an insipidly vague and irritatingly understated narrative which is embryonic at best and skeletal at best.

Unlike most (comic) books, I actually bothered to read the introduction and was pleasantly surprised to learn that Cosby was inspired by one of my favorite moves of all time, Alien! I too am a huge fan of the 1979 Ridley Scott classic and
Scott Brillon
Mar 09, 2018 rated it liked it
A good story with wonderful art.
Feb 02, 2018 rated it liked it
for the art !!
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wish there was another volume!! I really enjoyed the storyline and darkness of the characters. Definitely a good read for horror fans.
Sydney Squidney

This is one of my favourite Dark Horse gems that at some point had been in development to be adapted into film, but despite having begun scripting, budgeting and casting as far back as 2009, as far as I know this production is still in doubt.

But what prompted MTV Films to buy the feature rights to and what incited Paramount Pictures to supposedly be invested in distributing that feature to begin with is the frightening and bleak tale of a vicious vampire-like plague in a post-apocalyptic U.S. an
Artur Coelho
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
Devastados por uma praga de vampiros, os estados unidos estão em isolamento profiláctico do resto do mundo. Rumores de uma cura levam uma equipa de operações especiais que mistura agentes ingleses e soldados americanos no exílio a penetrar no território isolado numa missão de salvamento. Mas há agendas secretas num mundo em que os Estados Unidos estão neutralizados e as antigas potências europeias recuperaram o seu lugar de poder no planeta. E hordes de vampiros a percorrer as américas. Vagament ...more
Apr 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, graphic-novel
I actually rather enjoyed this story as it went past the usual post-apocalypse events and showed a bit of how the rest of the world would respond to such events and how a change in political power and political greed can come into play. The illustrations are suitably dark and foreboding and add a sense of anticipation and dread to the story and the finale is superb, leaving the reading hanging as to what is to come as all is not as straight forward as it seems.
Aug 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
Feels very much like 30 Days of Night or The Strain. The plot is rather basic and one that we've read or seen before. The art was dark and kind of scratchy and inconsistent at times, which made the whole thing rather hard to get into. Unfortunately this book didn't scare me or really do much at all for me.
Sep 16, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009
A good story and beautiful art, but having only 3 issues it falls short from being anything amazing. A pity.
Martin St-laurent
May 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-books
This one went a bit fast and there was not a lot of development around the characters, but it was entertaining and this fast-paced story ad the merit of keeping me turning the pages!
May 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Decent Zombie novel. Simple and an easy read. At its current length it almost feels a bit cookie cutterish, if it was longer, more character development could have made it stand out more.
Nov 19, 2013 rated it liked it
not too bad. but really just a novella. very short
Sep 07, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Very creepy, beautiful art. I find myself wanting more story ... more more more.
Oct 15, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Horror fans
Recommended to Lori by: Entertainment Weekly
Shelves: graphic-novels
I'm hoping this isn't a stand alone. I like the premise of the walking dead and would like to see this series expand like that.
Aug 30, 2016
Jan 29, 2009
Zênite Zandavalli
rated it it was ok
Mar 05, 2017
rated it did not like it
Feb 06, 2012