Start by marking “God's Gift to Women: Discovering the Lost Greatness of Masculinity” as Want to Read:
God's Gift to Women: Discovering the Lost Greatness of Masculinity

God's Gift to Women: Discovering the Lost Greatness of Masculinity

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  308 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
In a culture that exalts the caveman-like qualities of masculinity, most women have stopped expecting anything more. Young men are taught to view women as slaves to their self-centered desires. More than ever, men need to know that they can rise above this sad mediocrity. They desperately need someone to recognize their potential for blending courage and kindness, strength ...more
Published January 21st 2009 by Multnomah (first published October 25th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about God's Gift to Women, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about God's Gift to Women

Tyler Davison
Dec 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would recommend this book to every male out there! It is especially good for teens and college-age guys, but I've reread it and I know that I will continue to reread it as I grow older. What an amazing tale of how to be the man that God desires for you to be and the man of God that your girlfriend/wife/future wife needs you to be. Read it, period, the end.
Reagan Ramm
Nov 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marriage
This book was so good I read it in two days. I would have read it in one day had not other activities been planned. I really like the way Eric Ludy writes his books and communicates in general. He combines a stirring, inspirational message, with solid Biblical understanding, and ties it all together with humorous examples from his own life.

What I liked about this book specifically, was it got to the very heart of the matter. This wasn't a book of cheap tricks to manipulate women into liking you
Stephanie
I read this book in a day. I was so hungry to find some profound solution to today's masculinity issues. I found in this book that there are none. The answer provided was "dazzlingly simple." What a great shot in the arm for the men of the world! It'd definitely worth reading, if you can get past the style issues.
I felt like the book wasn't totally organized. I prefer books like this with much clearer chapter delineations. After i finish a book, i liek to be able to summarize the main points in
I thought this book had some top-notch advice and suggestions in it. I also liked how fired up Eric Ludy was for his cause. And while I thought this book would be an excellent tool for some people, it just didn't totally wow me or knock me off my feet. Maybe it was because this book was written from a guy's perspective for guys, and I'm not a guy. I thought it had a good message though and would recommend it to young men.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com/2008...
Katie W
Like it says in the subtitle this book covers the lost greatness of masculinity. It is written for men, but as a young woman I gained a lot from reading it. So much of what our culture today holds up as true manhood I find unattractive, and frankly it saddens me. This book covers what truly great manhood is all about, and I'm glad there are men out there pursuing this, pursuing God. That's the kind of man I want to marry someday--a real hero, a man among men, a warrior poet!
Chad Stembridge
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
What is the Lost Greatness of masculinity? It is being a Christ-built warrior-poet living the covenant Life of the King of Kings. With characteristic candor, boldness, and passion, Eric Ludy packs a wallop of a punch to our culture's ideas of mediocre manhood. This is a must-read for any young man who's feeling the stir of the Savior calling him to leave the fleshly desires of youth, depose Self from the throne of life, and run into deeper and abandoned life in Him.
Josh
Nov 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the title of this book. Mr. Ludy highlights the inadequacies of "the brotherhood" and calls men to a higher standard. Nothing exceptional or earth shattering, but a good reminder of the responsibilities of men.

Major takeaway: The good that God can accomplish through us if we take a step of faith into unfamiliar and uncomfortable territory.
Dan Cooper
While it's not a groundbreaking piece of literature, Eric List deserves credit for taking an honest look at today's image of what it means to be a man, and what true masculinity is (or could be). As a youth ministry veteran, this is a book I've held on to because I am sure that the wisdom in these pages will continue to serve me well for years to come.
Jim Berkman
Oct 17, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book. Sort of a cross between Wild at Heart and Every Man's Battle.
Marie
Jun 18, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I think all I'll really say about this is that as usual, the books aimed at men are marginally better (less sappy, more substance), but while I am all for supporting Godly masculinity, there is still something that just gets under my skin about the presentation.
Camp
The title might mislead you as to why I read it--it's written for young men! I read it as Caleb's mom to see what Eric Ludy said about young men living out their faith in their dating relationships. I see why Kara is such of fan of the Ludy's books. Highly recommended!
Russell Townsend
Wow

What an amazing challenge to the young men of this generation, if only we were willing to forsake the natural selfish desires and strive to truly know God and serve him in protecting femininity... But it is only possible in a life that is centered on Christ our king...
J.D. White
I'm really tempted to give this book 5 stars, but the fact that the book is lacking somewhat in Scripture quotation kinda makes me hesitant to do so.

This is definitely one of Mr. Ludy's better books, however, I am still of the opinion that he is a better preacher than writer :P :)
Rutendo
Jul 22, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, wow, wow. It is a must read! Especially men. My brothers out there, please read it. For women, read and see where you stand. You will be amazed at the truths in that book. Will tell you more when I am done.
Alex Seals
Apr 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes, a funny title. However, inside the book are bits of wisdom that are very applicable. If you are looking for that significant other, check out this book.
Nick Randle
Jul 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good for young christian guys to read
Madison Wasinger
Jan 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yes, I'll admit, I read a book that was intended for guys. All the same, I enjoyed this one and think it has a great message.
Paul
Apr 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book, Im using it for a guys Bible Study. Eric does a great job of not showcasing the book's dealings with sex, but the emphasis is on our higher calling to manhood. Loved.this book.
Tim
Jan 13, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book for the young Christian guy. Exemplifies how it isn't important to be part of the "Brotherhood", needing to fit in all the time. Also teaches great philosophies on how to treat a woman
Geno DiMaria
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great, challenging, and encouraging read that I recommend for all men, single and married. It is definitely one that I plan to read again, hopefully in the near future.
Andrew Howard
Apr 11, 2012
Jeff
Aug 19, 2015
  • The Mark of a Man
  • Answering the Guy Questions: The Set-Apart Girl’s Guide to Relating to the Opposite Sex
  • Her Hand in Marriage
  • Did I Kiss Marriage Goodbye?: Trusting God with a Hope Deferred
  • I Promise: How 5 Essential Commitments Determine the Destiny of Your Marriage
  • And the Bride Wore White: Seven Secrets to Sexual Purity
  • More Than Ordinary: Enjoying Life with God
  • Guys Are Waffles, Girls Are Spaghetti
  • Not Even a Hint: Guarding Your Heart Against Lust
  • Every Young Man's Battle: Strategies for Victory in the Real World of Sexual Temptation
  • Apostate
  • Praying for Your Future Husband: Preparing Your Heart for His
  • Emotional Purity: An Affair of the Heart
  • Kissed the Girls and Made Them Cry: Why Women Lose When They Give In
  • Going All the Way: Preparing for a Marriage That Goes the Distance
  • Dancing in the Arms of God: Discover Your Cinderella Story
  • Is God saying He's the One?: Hearing from Heaven about That Man in Your Life
  • The Narnia Code: C. S. Lewis and the Secret of the Seven Heavens
Eric is a bestselling author, internationally-recognized speaker and president of Ellerslie Mission Society. He is also the senior pastor at the Church at Ellerslie and the lead instructor at Ellerslie Leadership Training in Windsor, Colorado. Ludy is the author of more than a dozen books, many of which were co-authored by his wife, Leslie Ludy. The Ludy's books have sold well over a million copie ...more
More about Eric Ludy...

“The way a man treats a woman, he explianed, is a relfection of his relationship with God. Thats why i say, a woman is the proving ground for a man. You can determine a mans quiality by watching him with a woman” 2 likes
“A man with the holy fire of God burning in his cheset is capable of setting a woman´s heart on fire for lifetime” 0 likes