Start by marking “The Seabird of Sanematsu” as Want to Read:
The Seabird of Sanematsu

The Seabird of Sanematsu (Sanematsu #1)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  36 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews

Japan, 1500. Aderyn Aquilla wakes to the clamor of war. An hour later, she is the only European on the ship alive and is face-to-face with an evil samurai with a sword at her throat. How will she save herself?

Sanematsu Yoshihide has seen more bloodshed in his short life than he ever imagined and cannot bring himself to spill more. But what will he do with the stranger who

Nook, 0 pages
Published October 10th 2006 by Zumaya Publications (first published March 7th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Seabird of Sanematsu, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Seabird of Sanematsu

Nov 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As one of my "book review" books, this one was a pleasant surprise. Much in accord with my favorite book of all times by John Shors (Beneath A Marble Sky), it is a historical fiction; one of my favorite genres after reading John's book!

Here's my review:

A historical fiction based on the samurai warrior lifestyle of the Japanese it was an absolutely WONDERFUL book!!!! I really could not put it down.

It's about a Daimyo (king) who's warriors take over a trade ship that is run by a business man and h
Jul 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended read. Rich, historical, with Asian hero and white heroine. It’s very sweet. Heavy on medieval Japanese politics. It’s the beginning of a series, so I’ll tell you right now it ends in a cliffhanger. The heroine is appropriately im mature (she’s, you know, 15 or something), yet sometimes in appropriately mature , but I let it pass because of the time period and the assumption that you had to be a lot more mature a lot faster.
Mar 31, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My grandmother lent me this book, she reads all the time but has never lent me a book, she highly recommended it.
Jan 30, 2010
rated it it was ok
Apr 23, 2010
Alia Atreides
Jul 25, 2017
It is my hope to share my love for Japan and its warrior class, the Samurai, with you.

I have written many stories with a Japanese hero since I began creating fanfiction for the original STAR TREK series, starring the character Lt. Sulu. This was in high school and as I aged I discovered other avenues to pursue in the world of writing, all involving an Asian hero. Getting them published was another
More about Kei Swanson...

Sanematsu (3 books)