Start by marking “Single White Vampire (Argeneau #3)” as Want to Read:
Single White Vampire (Argeneau #3)

Single White Vampire (Argeneau #3)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  18,888 Ratings  ·  712 Reviews
Published November 25th 2008 by Leisure Books (first published September 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Single White Vampire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Single White Vampire

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
3.5 Stars

This book was the best so far. It was funnier then the other two. I would have gave it a full 4 stars if the heroine didn't piss me off towards the end of the book with her stupid cowardly actions. But even still a pretty good read. I loved the hero he was so grumpy and cute!
Jilly
This book series is getting better as it goes on. There is some seriously funny situations in each book, like the priest in the first one who was trying to secretly feed the girl he suspected of being a vampire garlic, the scene in the second one where he's trying to convince her he's not a bloodsucking demon after she finds him sleeping in a coffin, and in this one where they go out at night to rob a blood bank. Our heroine has been watching too much television and it's pretty funny.

Aww, who's
DarienMoya
Mar 13, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010-reads, vampires
NO LONGER SINGLE!!!

I love, love and love this book. By far the funniest of the series and my second favourite. No matter how awesome Lucern is he doesn’t shine like my Thomas, read the series and you will know what I am talking about.

Lucern Argeneau is the oldest of the Argeneau children so that makes him a little over six hundred 612 to be exact, he’s an old vampire. Bored with life he keeps himself in solitude, because once you are that old you have seen it all. He is also a scholar and distin
Viri
Oct 26, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Apenas recordé que ya lo había leído y lo hice porque fue pura casualidad.
Divertido, espontaneo y perfecto para pasar el rato ;)
Karla
Aug 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars!
Third book in the series and I am still addicted. The Argeneau of focus in this one was Lucern and he played the role of the curmudgeonly old vamp (over 600 years old) who was growing tired of life. Enter his editor - Kate C Leever. Kate took over "handling" Luc when his old editor died of a heart attack. Growing increasingly annoyed at his lack of communication she finally - in a desperate bid - flew to his house in Toronto to make him commit to an interview or a book tour or just to giving her ...more
Umaiya ⚡A Far Off Memory⚡

So this one was definitely a lot funnier than the last two.Like Lol funny.
I loved how grumpy and cute Luc was.
Unfortunately the beginning was stale and it felt like I was rereading the previous books rather than the next in the series. I have a feeling this is will be a recurring thing which makes me reluctant to read any further . . . *sigh*
Kyle, E
Jun 07, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People looking for romance without action
I found the plot incredibly predictable, the characters weren't very interesting and lacked any real depth and nothing really happened in the story. The entire book solely revolved around their relationship which had really obvious directionality. There were a few very funny moments in the middle like when Luc is trying to find condoms and can't think clearly because all the blood is being rerouted from his head. I was laughing my ass off at that, but that is the only real moment in the book tha ...more
Stephanie
Dec 13, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr, ebook
It's a good thing that this is an old series and I have all of the books so far, because the way the author ends the books STINKS!!! It just ends. Blah, blah, blah The End. Uggggg why do they do this, we need a little closure. Now the next book picks up right where this one leaves off, but ending a book this way is just "dirty pool".

This story was very good, even though Kate was so annoying and too Type A, right up to the last chapter. It just fell apart. It was as if the author was at her word
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
In Single White Vampire, Lucern Argeneau was a grumpy paranormal writer who had no contact with the outside world and that was about to change. Kate C. Leever had just moved up to the position of editor and she was determined that Luc would do something to connect with his fans. After these two meet the battle of wills began but over time they realized that there was something missing that the other one completed.

I really do enjoy the Argeneau series and I am absolutely determined to read them
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
I just finished this book and I have to say it was the funniest and cutest of the series so far, which is why I'm giving it 5 stars.

Lucerne is 600+ years old, and a bit of a grumpy old man. He's become a paranormal romance writer by writing the stories of his sister Luciana meeting and marrying Greg and his brother Etienne meeting and marrying Rachel. They are promoted as paranormal vampire stories, go figure!

He now has a new editor, Kate C Leever. He's never met her, but she's been writing to h
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
Ok, so the series is getting a bit better.

Description:

SWM - "Lucern." Successful biographer of family, books recently categorized as "paranormal romance." Something of a recluse. Hates crowds, aggressive women. Doesn't like sunbathing, garlicky dinners or religious symbols. Likes old-fashioned values; spicy Mexican dishes; warm, nice-smelling neck; and plump red lips. Stronger than ten men and can vanish in the blink of an eye. Currently unaware he's seeking a woman to share eternity.

SWF - "Kate
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
3.5 Stars

Lucern Argeneau just wants to be left alone; however, he just can't seem to get rid of his new editor Kate C Leever who keeps hounding him to do some publicity for his new books. Kate takes up residence in his house and seems like she will not leave until he agrees to do something, then the worst happens, his very determined mother gets involved and decides to do a little matchmaking. But the more he is in her company the more he realizes maybe he doesn't mind having her around at all.

I
Natasha
Oct 30, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think I enjoyed this book even more than the first. And I really enjoyed the first. I always go for books with mysterious male vampires who need to be woke up by a woman! haha. I really like how Sands writes and how each installment in the series is telling the story of each family member in the Argneau family. Lucian was this stories family member and I loved him. Lucern is a famous paranormal romance novelist. The funny thing is, he isn’t writing fiction at all. He's pretty much a hermit. Hi ...more
Mary Abshire
Sep 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great start. Luc's favorite word..."no"
I have to admit this series is growing on me. Each book has gotten better. I'm really enjoying this one!

The RT convention... great story. Loving the codpiece issue. Hilarious! This couple is truly great together.

This was a fun read. Love the characters and the conflict. Highly recommend this one!
Dianne
Apr 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I had every read by Lynsay Sands, and it certainly wasn't the last one. The first time I read it I thought it was the funniest book since sliced bread and ran out to buy whatever else of hers I could put my hands on.

I just finished re-reading it and find myself thinking that it didn't quite stand up to the test of time, but that if I were a first time reader I would love this book. If you are tired of the dark, broody, 'I should not be allowed to live' type vampire, you wi
Blodeuedd Finland
I have reached that conclusion before, but funny pnr still works for me! Why? Well it doesn't take itself so seriously. You know the epic. "OMG we are soulmates, but alas I am betrothed to the evil witch queen of Agrabad and you are only a human. But we shall be together, and do it like 100 times a day. This I promise thee my tasty human." So, this was not that. There was no instalove. She found him So annoying. He just thought she might be tasty to drink. There wasn't even any instamating. Sure ...more
Amanda
Oct 03, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
umm not my favorite. the book conference angle was kinda boring to me,seeing as they were hardly ever romantically involved and when they were it was almost by accident and not really cuz they both wanted to be. and the condom incident and the cod piece incident were cheesy and drawn out. also lucern was way too gruff and broodish and kate was pretty dumb, especially when she thought smoking pot was called a debbie. geeshh. otherwise i liked it because the other books so far in the series have g ...more
Bark's Book Nonsense
This was a fun filled read but it sort of lagged in the middle when the heroine took her romance writing vampire hero to a Romantic Times convention. There were lots of insider jokes that I semi got because I subscribed to the RT mag for ages but readers unfamiliar with RT might be a little lost. The heroine behaved like a brainless nitwit until the book ended but the hero was a great change of pace. Very little brooding and lots of sex appeal. Overall a very average but not quite "meh" read.
MissCherry
May 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Que risas me eché con este libro. Escenas inolvidables y absolutamente surealistas.
Rexanna Ipock-Brown
One of my favorites in this series. What happens when you drag an old vampire to a Romance Conference and he's the main show? Excitement. I love how the vampires or immortals as they prefer to be called are such gentlemen in this series. Well, in this story Lucerne takes awhile to find his manners. These books are addicting.
Sonia Cristina
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Uma história deliciosamente divertida! Houve várias situações que me fizeram rir. Foi interessante uma parte passar-se numa conferência de autores, sendo Lucern um desses autores e muito popular.
Não posso dizer que foi uma história que me impressionou e tocou no coração, mas é um bom entretenimento.
Clarice
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kate is the woman for Lucern needed. She offered everything.
Eskimo Princess Jenkins
Loved it, I am so happy to be able to go back to the beginning of this series!
Luc, love him even with his old ways. Even with his gruff attitude, but that is because he is bored with life- as soon as he meets up with Kate he comes out of his shell
Luc believes strongly in the old ways, and is not a fan of "modern women" lol. Until Kate.
There is so much humor in this story, and very little danger (especially compared to later books)
Iza
Reviewed for http://redhiddenalcove.blogspot.fr

I have trouble with this series. It's funny but not all the time, I like it, but not adore it, yet I can't seem to let it go. Everytime I tell myself "this is the last one", there's something in it that keeps me coming back for more. Single white vampire was no exception.
Lucern Argeneau is a 612 year-old vampire. He's seen it all and is growing tired of life, communicates less and less with the world in general and his family in particular.
"He had a
Aphrodite
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny and sweet

I enjoyed this book a lot more than the first book. It had plenty of funny scenes and I loved so much every time that Luc say just NO! It was hilarious
Deborah Ideiosepius
Dec 30, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Uncritical fans of the American romance supernatural genera
Shelves: supernatural

Single white Vampire is very, very, clearly a 'series' romance-comedy-supernatural book. Oldest brother in a vampire family is an author who writes supposed fiction books based on the romances of his parents, brother and sister as they all find partners (they don't quite sparkle in the sunlight, but are still good upstanding American citizens). The other main character is, of course the romantic interest; a sexy single young editor who believes her dream job is in danger if she does not coerce t
Rebecca
Oct 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pn-and-uf
Lynsay absolutely rocks with her new series about a dysfunctional vampire family! I won't go into the plot line
too heavy because you need to experience all the surprises
and delights yourself.
A mother, two sons and a daughter (and more relatives to come hopefully) face the every day struggles of vampire existence in the 21st Century. In this tale, originally called Lucern, we meet Lucern Argeneau, the first son.
He is a four hundred year old vampire, getting by in the dreary world by writing c
Maura
Dean MacKinnon-Thomson
1/5

Is this young adult fiction or just extremely poor adult vamp romance? I spent the whole read up till the 50% mark wondering this, before realising I didn't care.

Plot: Irritatingly enough, the initial premise was humorous, funny with much potential. Yet much in the way of plot opportunities have been sacrificed in favour of inane insights into the protagonist Lucern mind.

Characterisation: shocking. It basically doesn't exist in any meaningful fashion at all. Lucern is a misogynist, unrepentan
Do you feel this is a new take about how vampires came to be? 6 39 Feb 22, 2014 10:01AM
great historical romance 26 86 Apr 12, 2013 01:19AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please add Narrator 3 151 Jan 04, 2013 01:16PM
  • Vamps and the City (Love at Stake, #2)
  • I Only Have Fangs for You (Young Brothers, #3)
  • Sex and the Single Vampire (Dark Ones #2)
  • Highland Thirst (MacNachton Vampires, #4)
  • Don't Talk Back To Your Vampire (Broken Heart #2)
  • Bled Dry (Vegas Vampires, #3)
LYNSAY SANDS is the nationally bestselling author who is known for her hysterical historicals as well as the popular Argeneau/Rogue Hunter vampire series. With her witty and charming personality, Sands describes books as, “Waking dreams or stories, tales to amuse, entertain and distract us from everyday life.” She’s been writing stories since grade school and considers herself incredibly lucky to ...more
More about Lynsay Sands...

Argeneau (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • A Quick Bite (Argeneau #1)
  • Love Bites (Argeneau #2)
  • Tall, Dark & Hungry (Argeneau #4)
  • A Bite to Remember (Argeneau #5)
  • Bite Me If You Can (Argeneau #6)
  • The Accidental Vampire (Argeneau #7)
  • Vampires are Forever (Argeneau #8)
  • Vampire, Interrupted (Argeneau #9)
  • The Rogue Hunter (Argeneau #10; Rogue Hunter #1)
  • The Immortal Hunter (Argeneau #11; Rogue Hunter #2)
“Lucern felt himself "She called my erections wonderful?"
Entienne just gaped, then raised a fist to knock on his brother's forehead as if it were a door "Hello! Earth calling Luc! She thinks it's rigor mortis.”
71 likes
“ 'Dear Mr. Argeneau,'" she began. " 'I haven't read Love Bites, One, but I will, I guarantee it. I just finished Love Bites, Two, and thought it was wonderful. Etienne was so sweet and funny and sexy that I fell in love with him even as Rachel did. He's my dream man.'" Kate paused and glanced up expectantly. "What would you say to those letters?"
That was easy enough. "Etienne is taken."
-Kate and Lucern”