Start by marking “Through Thick & Thin (London Confidential, #2)” as Want to Read:
Through Thick & Thin (London Confidential, #2)

Through Thick & Thin

(London Confidential #2)

Savvy Smith, 15, sees her chance to write a full column in the paper, making her name and making her way in her new hometown near London, England. But the choices she faces when given the chance to choose between friends, family, and fame may turn her dream into a nightmare. London Confidential is a new series where British fashion, friendships, and guys collide, and an al ...more
Published March 18th 2010 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Through Thick & Thin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Through Thick & Thin

Start your review of Through Thick & Thin (London Confidential, #2)
Tarissa
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I like this book. It's cute, it's fun. It's a little bit sassy.

An American girl who lives in London now, trying to navigate high school? Oh, the drama. What I really love though is how Savvy keeps God as number 1 in her life. She's not perfect as a Christian, but she knows when it's time to 'fess up to her sin. She's also juggling a secret advice column for the school newspaper, while waiting for the right chance to get her name on the byline of an actual article... I like that she has goals, a
Mikayla
Aug 05, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked the first book in this series. This one... not as much. It still had great characters and a pretty good message. But, I found myself irritated about how shallow Savey's problem's were. I mean bad hair day's and fashion problems just didn't make me feel very sympathetic towards her. I appreciate the author trying to deal with issues a lot of kids probably have though. I can see some kids enjoying this, but I personally wished for something deeper.
I thought it was rather unrealistic that
Brooke H
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
AHHHH middle school flash back.
Somewhere around the age of 11-12 I LOVED this book. I reread it a bunch of times to the point where the book is a bit worn now, and I just stumbled across it today for the first time in years.
Though at the time, I had NO IDEA it was the second book in a series, I literally just learned that now😂
I think my grandma bought it for me at the pharmacy in town once and gave it to me.
And I thought it was a stand alone.
Guess not 😂
I do now feel a bit inclined to read th
Sally
Mar 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Ever wonder what it would be like as a teen if your family moved to Great Britain? Sandra Byrd, the author of the 4-book London Confidential series, takes the reader on such a venture in her tween/teen novels: Asking for Trouble and its sequel, Through Thick & Thin. They introduce 15-year-old Savannah Smith (Savvy for short) from Seattle, Washington whose family relocates "across the pond."

In this continuing story, Savvy struggles with obedience versus following her own desires. Can she have bo
Kathleen Stewart
Apr 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
The way Sandra Byrd writes is easy for me to easlily relate to what's happening in the novel. I love how the book gives us a taste of the British life but also combines it with what teens worry and care about today as well. I really enjoyed the adventures Savvy has in "Through Thick and Thin". I makes me happy that she adjusts to living in a new country and that it seems real, like how someone really would react to moving to England if they were a teen. ...more
Ashley Johnson
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another cute book that I thoroughly enjoyed!
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“Savvy Smith, 15, sees her chance to write a full column in the paper, making her name and making her way in her new hometown near London, England. But the choices she faces when given the chance to choose between friends, family, and fame may turn her dream into a nightmare. London Confidential is a new series where British fashion, friendships, and guys collide, and an all-American girl learns to love life and live out her faith.”

Series: Book #2 in the “London Confidential” se
Nov 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Title: THROUGH THICK AND THIN
Author: Sandra Byrd
Publisher: Tyndale
March 2010
ISBN: 978-1-4143-2598-9
Genre: Inspirational/young adult

Savvy Smith, 15, is living in London with her family and still struggling to make friends. She has her job delivering school newspapers, and her secret column Asking for Trouble but she is lacking a true friend. But then, Penny, one of the popular girls notices Savvy and starts being a little friendly.

Penny manages to get Savvy tickets to the fashion show happening
Jill Williamson
Nov 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Review by Jill Williamson

The London Confidential series is where British fashion, friendship, and guys collide, and where an all-American girl learns to love life and live out her faith.

Savvy’s dream is to write a full article in the school newspaper. She comes up with the perfect idea. A fashion show. An even if she manages to score tickets to the illusive event, can she convince her editor to give her a chance to write the article? Savvy is going to have to bend some rules and twist some arms
Reading Vacation
Mar 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
REVIEW

This adorable series was quick and fun to read. Savvy is the type of teen girl that I hope to be like. She is spunky, funny, and she never gives up. Savvy is a great role model for other girls to follow and I could relate to her.

There is plenty of London-speak in these books, and I could tell that Sandra Byrd had done her homework. The setting is so different from the United States, and I liked reading about Savvy’s school.

The plot moves nicely from one book to the other as Savvy adjusts
Lori Twichell
Oct 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Once again, Sandra Byrd brilliantly explores the teenage mind and examines how seeking approval can get Savvy into and out of troubled messes. My favorite part of reading these books is that Savvy not just learns her lesson, she consults God’s word and His guidance for her choices.

I love this series of books and this one was no exception. If you have a tween in your home, these are excellent books to not only give her, but to read along with her. Byrd presents exceptional opportunities in these
The Sheepgirl
May 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I’m a teenager living in the real world. Some days are good, some days I just don’t talk about, and sometimes hilarious things happen to me. This is my favorite kind of book; a slice of what COULD be my life. Sandra’s writing keeps me curious, laughing, and thinking about the choices I make every day.
Generally, I’m not a fan of sequels, but ‘Through Thick and Thin’ kept me just as interested as ‘Asking for Trouble.’ I can’t wait for the next two!
Jennifer Wilson
Apr 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
This is the second book in the series, and it was just as good. In fact, better because I already knew the characters. It was a fast paced fun read and would be great for any teenager. I was surprised the first one didn't have much about God in it since it was published by a Christian imprint. This one had much more in it than the first one. ...more
Laurie
Nov 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, library
I was pleasantly surprised that the title does not refer to weight gain and loss. London Confidential is a great title for this series. While this book helped me get to know Savvy and some of her schoolmates better, one was left a mystery, which had me reaching for book three right away.
Stacey
Feb 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Cute book with a relevant message to young girls about being yourself, even in the midst of change and peer pressure. My 8 year old daughter loves this series and so do I. I love reading it with her.
Faith
Mar 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
This Book is really good, I feel, because I feel like a lot of teens, spiritual, or not can relate to it in some way. this was an easy read, and I loved it!
Amy
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun series for younger readers
Lindsey
Sep 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Savvy finally makes friends and is content with her life. This book was good better than the first.
Leah
Dec 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was a super cute book.
It was a really fun read.
It was funny, and interesting.
Looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
Lula McCuela
Feb 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
These books are great for any christian girl.
Raechel Lenore
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
4.5
Another enjoyable book, continuing the story of Savvy. There was a part or two that was a slight bit frustrating but it worked out for good and the message was another good one. :)
Mel
Natasha
Sep 20, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Tell Me Pretty Lies
  • Don't Even Think About It (Don't Even Think About It, #1)
  • Just Add Magic
  • Fairest of All (Whatever After, #1)
  • Crushed (Pretty Little Liars, #13)
  • Deadly (Pretty Little Liars, #14)
  • Unpregnant
  • Mind Reader - The Teenage Years: Book 1 - No Escape: Books for Girls
  • The Wrong Bachelor
  • Truth or Dare (Bayfield High #1)
  • There's Something About Sweetie (Dimple and Rishi, #2)
  • Field Notes on Love
  • Love, Chloe
  • Stunning (Pretty Little Liars, #11)
  • Burned (Pretty Little Liars, #12)
  • Twisted (Pretty Little Liars, #9)
  • Wanted (Pretty Little Liars, #8)
  • Wicked (Pretty Little Liars, #5)
Bestselling author Sandra Byrd has published fifty books over her editing and writing career. Her traditionally published books include titles by Howard Books, a division of Simon and Schuster, Tyndale House Publishers, WaterBrook Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House, and Bethany House Publishers.

Sandra’s series of historically sound Gothic romances launched with the best-selling Mist of Mid

London Confidential (4 books)
  • Asking for Trouble (London Confidential, #1)
  • Don't Kiss Him Good Bye (London Confidential, #3)
  • Flirting With Disaster (London Confidential, #4)

News & Interviews